Matvichuk

msweet

No way Greene should sit, he's very composed out there. Sit Oduya.

Agreed. Considering the circumstances I think both Greene and Oduya have both played well. Greene has been the better of the two for sure. There were a couple times tonight behind Marty when he got pressured by the Tampa players but stayed calm and helped get the puck out of the zone.

Oduya has been a little scary out there but I won't throw the kid under the bus. For the most part he has played well for the Devils this season. I'd sit him in place of matty but not because he's been playing bad

He saved our asses... good job Lou, keeping him that is.

Gomer in the post game interview said Matvichuk was a leader in the locker room

He's too slow to play, but somehow he made some excellent plays.

Yes he did! Matvitchuk looked fresh and hit everything in his way tonight. Played some good D tonight along with Andy Greene who has become one of my favorite players. He is solid this kid and better than Oduya.

Towards the end of the game, Greene looked great. Whenever the puck got dumped in, he did a great job of using the net and the other D-man to get a successful breakout going. Solving the problem with the breakouts just a little bit is a big help. No way he sits if White comes back.

He saved our asses... good job Lou, keeping him that is.

Gomer in the post game interview said Matvichuk was a leader in the locker room

He's too slow to play, but somehow he made some excellent plays

I thought Matty played an excellent game considering he has been out all year . He did have a presence on the ice and he made a great poke check on St.Louis and he kept a play alive at the blueline by throwing his body. I think he'll just get stronger. He put a few nice hits out there too. When we get White back....and he plays to his potential...we will finally have some intimidation out there.

MArty must be tired or in a funk...can;t remember him looking this bad 3x in a row...although he did make some timely saves...but 12 goals in 4 games?...geeze..

I am thrilled that we won tonight....

:gd:

Matvichuk has been a pleasant surprise, for sure. Still, it worries me that he's playing that many minutes after all of that time off - think Lou needs to even that out a bit. But, I assume that's a difficult task with 2 rookies.

When White returns, who to sit? I go round and round on that one. Rafalski had an off game last night and has really been playing very soft all series - still, no way would I sit him. It was finally nice to see Martin jump up in the play, he defense has improved a bit (he's still too soft for me though) - I wouldn't sit him either. Lukowich has been Lukowich - great play followed by a bit of a boneheaded play - still, wouldn't sit one of the few physical defensemen. That leaves us the 2 rookies who, if you subtract Greene's PP time, have played the same amount of time give or take a minute. Greene has been playing well, much better than I anticipated. He's pretty composed out there for a rookie, but still has lapses where he scares me - looks like he has no idea where the puck is on occasion. Oduya, again has been playing well imo - he's more physical than Greene but seems as though the last game tried to be too physical and got caught running around a bit. Almost looks as though he's trying too hard.

I would probably sit Oduya at this point- think he'll make a fine defenseman, his skating is outstanding. Just think right now he tends to get a bit too jacked up and does too much to prove himself. But, I wouldn't be opposed to sitting either Rookie right now. That is of course, if White decides to suck it up and play.

Matvichuk has been a pleasant surprise, for sure. Still, it worries me that he's playing that many minutes after all of that time off - think Lou needs to even that out a bit. But, I assume that's a difficult task with 2 rookies.

When White returns, who to sit? I go round and round on that one. Rafalski had an off game last night and has really been playing very soft all series - still, no way would I sit him. It was finally nice to see Martin jump up in the play, he defense has improved a bit (he's still too soft for me though) - I wouldn't sit him either. Lukowich has been Lukowich - great play followed by a bit of a boneheaded play - still, wouldn't sit one of the few physical defensemen. That leaves us the 2 rookies who, if you subtract Greene's PP time, have played the same amount of time give or take a minute. Greene has been playing well, much better than I anticipated. He's pretty composed out there for a rookie, but still has lapses where he scares me - looks like he has no idea where the puck is on occasion. Oduya, again has been playing well imo - he's more physical than Greene but seems as though the last game tried to be too physical and got caught running around a bit. Almost looks as though he's trying too hard.

I would probably sit Oduya at this point- think he'll make a fine defenseman, his skating is outstanding. Just think right now he tends to get a bit too jacked up and does too much to prove himself. But, I wouldn't be opposed to sitting either Rookie right now. That is of course, if White decides to suck it up and play.

I agree. When White returns Oduya should sit and keep Matvitchuk in the line up. greene has played awesome in these playoffs and Lou would be foolish to scratch Greene. I am sure Lou sees first hand out on that ice how good Greene has played and his best game was last night in Game 4. Oduya is the odd man out when White returns.

No doubt Matvichuk provides leadership when he is in the line-up. Once he learned our system in the second half of last season, we could not be beat (Carolina we beat ourselves).

I think once Matty get his wind/legs back, we will be considerably better IF we advance to the next round.