2007 NFL Draft Thread

LOTCB

The NFL Draft is upon us! I am attending a Buffalo Bills Draft Party in Santa Monica CA for a 9am draft and I am pumped!!!

Cannot wait to see how Marv Levy makes my hair gray after this draft! :lol:

Anyways...here are a few snippets of rumors surfacing..

Mel Kiper Jr stated it is 'very unlikely' the Lions will stand pat at #2 as teams fall all over themselves to draft Calvin Johnson.

profootballtalk.com reporting the Raiders made a 'lowball' offer to QB Brady Quinn...smokescreens? Who knows with the Raiders!!!

Larry Johnson is being shopped around by the Kansas City Chiefs because LJ can opt out of his contact after the 2007 season..get this CRASHER...Buffalo is one of the teams interested :o

Lots of rumors about the Denver Broncos looking to make a HUGE jump up to either grab Ole Miss LB Patrick Willis or even get as high as #2 to draft Calvin Johnson.

Let the fun begin!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL Draft is upon us! I am attending a Buffalo Bills Draft Party in Santa Monica CA for a 9am draft and I am pumped!!!

Cannot wait to see how Marv Levy makes my hair gray after this draft! :lol:

Anyways...here are a few snippets of rumors surfacing..

Mel Kiper Jr stated it is 'very unlikely' the Lions will stand pat at #2 as teams fall all over themselves to draft Calvin Johnson.

profootballtalk.com reporting the Raiders made a 'lowball' offer to QB Brady Quinn...smokescreens? Who knows with the Raiders!!!

Larry Johnson is being shopped around by the Kansas City Chiefs because LJ can opt out of his contact after the 2007 season..get this CRASHER...Buffalo is one of the teams interested :o

Lots of rumors about the Denver Broncos looking to make a HUGE jump up to either grab Ole Miss LB Patrick Willis or even get as high as #2 to draft Calvin Johnson.

Let the fun begin!

:rant: I'll be pissed if Old man Al takes Quinn. You guys know it's Quinn or bust IMO for the Dolphins. If that happens, we better move our asses up and get Russell.

:rant: I'll be pissed if Old man Al takes Quinn. You guys know it's Quinn or bust IMO for the Dolphins. If that happens, we better move our asses up and get Russell.

Ill tell you what...I think the Dolphins can do just as well, sit pat and take a DT like Okoye from Louisville and grab QB Drew Stanton from Michigan State in Round 2, and keep their picks.

Just my opinion. Assuming Quinn is off the board.

Edited by LOTCB

Ill tell you what...I think the Dolphins can do just as well, sit pat and take a DT like Okoye from Louisville and grab QB Drew Stanton from Michigan State in Round 2, and keep their picks.

Just my opinion. Assuming Quinn is off the board.

If we don't get a QB in the first round, the logical pick has to be Levi Brown. We're paper thin on the o-line, and he could be a solid LT for years to come. I would actually be happy with that pick if we can't get Quinn or Russell. Okoye would make sense too because we have to get younger on the d-line, but the o-line is a joke right now and we haven't had a decent LT since Richmond Webb retired.

Well Quinn will be a bust... Rick Mirer anyone ?? :P

Heh, well i can't blame LJ there... he's probably STILL tired from the Herm treatment last year and he knows that guy murders running back!!!!

All i want is for the Lions to draft Johnson and sit back and enjoy the riot!! :evil::pray:

Heh, well i can't blame LJ there... he's probably STILL tired from the Herm treatment last year and he knows that guy murders running back!!!!

All i want is for the Lions to draft Johnson and sit back and enjoy the riot!! :evil::pray:

Rick Mirer...as a Seahawks fan, that name makes me want to throw up a little every time I hear it...

It would be smart of the Lions to trade down from #2 (if they don't take Quinn), since PR-wise they just can't take another WR and they have so many other needs as it is - but when have the Lions ever done anything smart?

Someone brought up an interesting point on Quinn, if the Browns don't take him at #3 that's a serious red flag considering Weis and Crennel are close friends, and Weis wouldn't sell him a bill of goods.

I'd be stunned if Herm rubber-stamped the trade of LJ, what would his offensive gameplan be without the star back? :lol: I agree with CRASHER though, if I'm LJ I look at how Herm overused Curtis out of the NFL a year or two too early and get the hell away from Herm ASAP.

Have no clue what the Jets will do, since I usually don't bother with the mock draft stuff until tomorrow or Friday but I'd think corner would have to be considered a need - Barrett's hurt and Miller hasn't exactly panned out anywhere except on returns. Offensively they're actually pretty well set now that they have Jones, but they could use a #3 WR and another O-lineman or two (not a big Moore or Clement fan).

Weiss said the guy is a cross between Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Now I'm sorry- as much as Weiss likes and respects the kid, he doesn't have to say THAT if he didn't think it was true, and Weiss is one of the best offensive minds in all of football. I'll take my chances. If a guy with Weiss' pedigree calls a QB a cross between Manning and Brady, I want that QB on my team. And I've seen him play enough- he's the real deal.

It would be smart of the Lions to trade down from #2 (if they don't take Quinn), since PR-wise they just can't take another WR and they have so many other needs as it is - but when have the Lions ever done anything smart?

Someone brought up an interesting point on Quinn, if the Browns don't take him at #3 that's a serious red flag considering Weis and Crennel are close friends, and Weis wouldn't sell him a bill of goods.

I'd be stunned if Herm rubber-stamped the trade of LJ, what would his offensive gameplan be without the star back? :lol: I agree with CRASHER though, if I'm LJ I look at how Herm overused Curtis out of the NFL a year or two too early and get the hell away from Herm ASAP.

Have no clue what the Jets will do, since I usually don't bother with the mock draft stuff until tomorrow or Friday but I'd think corner would have to be considered a need - Barrett's hurt and Miller hasn't exactly panned out anywhere except on returns. Offensively they're actually pretty well set now that they have Jones, but they could use a #3 WR and another O-lineman or two (not a big Moore or Clement fan).

Not neccassarily. Crennel and Savage are under enormous pressure to win now. Drafting a QB that may take some time to develop is not the mark of a personnel department that is under enormous scrutiny from their entire city and ownership to start winning immediately. Crennel and Savage are both gone if the Browns don't make the playoffs this year, or AT LEAST show measurable progress to where they are legitimately competitive. I'm banking on Cleveland going for the immediate impact guy- Adrian Peterson.

Not neccassarily. Crennel and Savage are under enormous pressure to win now. Drafting a QB that may take some time to develop is not the mark of a personnel department that is under enormous scrutiny from their entire city and ownership to start winning immediately. Crennel and Savage are both gone if the Browns don't make the playoffs this year, or AT LEAST show measurable progress to where they are legitimately competitive. I'm banking on Cleveland going for the immediate impact guy- Adrian Peterson.

Well you've obviously thought this out since you'd like Quinn :evil: While I agree they're under pressure to win now there's also going to be pressure to take a local kid who went to Notre Dame and is hyped up as a franchise QB when honestly they don't have much at the QB position to begin with, not even a vet who could hold the fort. Plus aren't there problems between Crennel and Savage? I've heard it's pretty nasty, almost to the level of Marty and AJ Smith. Maybe that's your best bet for the Browns not taking Quinn, if Crennel wants him and gets overruled by his boss.

BTW there's a Bills draft party in California?! Unless Clown himself organized it I'm floored :o

Well you've obviously thought this out since you'd like Quinn :evil: While I agree they're under pressure to win now there's also going to be pressure to take a local kid who went to Notre Dame and is hyped up as a franchise QB when honestly they don't have much at the QB position to begin with, not even a vet who could hold the fort. Plus aren't there problems between Crennel and Savage? I've heard it's pretty nasty, almost to the level of Marty and AJ Smith. Maybe that's your best bet for the Browns not taking Quinn, if Crennel wants him and gets overruled by his boss.

BTW there's a Bills draft party in California?! Unless Clown himself organized it I'm floored :o

Weiss said the guy is a cross between Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Now I'm sorry- as much as Weiss likes and respects the kid, he doesn't have to say THAT if he didn't think it was true, and Weiss is one of the best offensive minds in all of football. I'll take my chances. If a guy with Weiss' pedigree calls a QB a cross between Manning and Brady, I want that QB on my team. And I've seen him play enough- he's the real deal.

Clown's Mock Draft v1.0 Top 10 (more to come if I have time):

1. Buccaneers (obtained from the Raiders)-WR Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech- Best WR to come into the draft in a very, very long time.

2. Lions- QB Brady Quinn, Notre Dame- Safe pick, Lions need a QB to build around. Kitna? Cmon already

3. Browns- RB Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma- Browns need a franchise runner to build around. Jamal Lewis is just a stop-gap.

4. Raiders- Qb JaMarcus Russell, LSU- Raiders are early winners as they trade down, get more picks, and get the guy they wanted all along.

5. Cardinals- DE Gaines Adams, Clemson- Game changing DE who bolsters the Cardinals Front 4.

6. Redskins- DE Jamall Anderson, Arkansas- Bit of a reach here, but the Skins have a major need at this position.

7. Vikings- SS LaRon Landry- LSU- Vikings wanted Peterson here, but Lynch is much too high to take here, Vikes bolster their secondary.

8. Falcons- OT Levi Brown, Penn State- Vick needs better protection, Brown can anchor a line for years to come.

9. Dolphins- DT Amboi Okoye, Louisville- If Levi is avail, they will grab him, if not, why not grab a 19 year old phenom who will draw comparisons to Warren Saap?

10. Texans- DT Alan Branch, Michigan- They reach here (as usual) and attempt to give help to justify the Mario Williams pick.

Edited by LOTCB

Clown's Mock Draft V2.0:

1. Raiders -JaMarcus Russell, LSU- He will not slip past the 2nd overall pick, so trade options are limited for the Raiders, they grab a much needed QB, of course, unless they want Calvin Johnson, then trades will be a possibility.

2. Lions- WR Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech- Best WR to come into the draft in a very, very long time.

Lions could move Calvin to TB, but they simply cannot pass on this guy.

3. Browns- OT Joe Thomas, WSU- Browns are thrilled this talent OT is here. Quinn is a possibility, but they ultimately pass.

4. Buccaners- DE Gaines Adams, Clemson- Bucs D got old quick, Adams is a guy to build around.

5. Cardinals- LT Levi Brown, Penn State- Cards OL was dreadful last year, Brown can play RT and LT to help protect Leinart.

6. Bills (obtained from Redskins)- RB Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma- Old Man Marv will pull the trigger and move up and get a franchise RB. LOTCB faints in excitement.

7. Vikings- LB Patrik Willis, Ole Miss- Willis is going through the roof in this draft, a LB who can punish people AND runs a 4.37?

8. Falcons- S LaRon Landry, LSU- Safe pick here and will be a very productive NFL player.

9. Dolphins- QB Brady Quinn, Notre Dame- MadDog celebrates, Quinn slips a la Leinart and the Fish deal Culpepper to the next sucker.

10. Texans- DT Amboi Okoye, Louisville- If Levi is avail, they will grab him, if not, why not grab a 19 year old phenom who will draw comparisons to Warren Saap?

Clown's Mock Draft V2.0:

1. Raiders -JaMarcus Russell, LSU- He will not slip past the 2nd overall pick, so trade options are limited for the Raiders, they grab a much needed QB, of course, unless they want Calvin Johnson, then trades will be a possibility.

2. Lions- WR Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech- Best WR to come into the draft in a very, very long time.

3. Browns- OT Joe Thomas, WSU- Browns are thrilled this talent OT is here. Quinn is a possibility, but they ultimately pass.

4. Buccaners- DE Gaines Adams, Clemson- Bucs D got old quick, Adams is a guy to build around.

5. Cardinals- LT Levi Brown, Penn State- Cards OL was dreadful last year, Brown can play RT and LT to help protect Leinart.

6. Bills (obtained from Redskins)- RB Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma- Old Man Marv will pull the trigger and move up and get a franchise RB. LOTCB faints in excitement.

7. Vikings- LB Patrik Willis, Ole Miss- Willis is going through the roof in this draft, a LB who can punish people AND runs a 4.37?

8. Falcons- S LaRon Landry, LSU- Safe pick here and will be a very productive NFL player.

9. Dolphins- QB Brady Quinn, Notre Dame- MadDog celebrates, Quinn slips a la Leinart and the Fish deal Culpepper to the next sucker.

10. Texans- DT Amboi Okoye, Louisville- If Levi is avail, they will grab him, if not, why not grab a 19 year old phenom who will draw comparisons to Warren Saap?

Neil Stratton, of Inside the League, reports that the Houston Texans, as rumored previously, will swap first-round draft picks with the Denver Broncos in this year's NFL Draft Friday, April 27, in exchange for Denver's second-round pick, No. 56 overall

Clown's Mock Draft V2.0:

So far, so good Clown......

And at #9, the Dolphins select....Ted Ginn

:rofl::giggle::lol:

I actually do feel for you MadDog believe it or not, but I'm sorry I just can't help but laugh my ass off. It was all set up for you guys. I don't know what the hell Mueller is thinking. He was looking like a genius for hanging tight at nine and not giving up extra picks. Hell Quinn made it no secret he WANTED to go to the Dolphins. But instead he takes a midget WR that was a no-show in the National Championship game?!

I wonder where Quinn goes now, Carolina?

Edited by Hasan4978

Watch Quinn fall all the way to Dallas :lol:

not that I really want him... but it WOULD be funny!

and WHAT THE HELL IS MIAMI DOING drafting a midget punt returner ??

Man that's as dumb as the Lions getting yet ANOTHER Wideout !!! :evil:

I'm not Quinn's biggest fan but it is funny that all we hear in the NFL are teams have QB issues, there aren't enough good QB's to go around then someone that has a squeaky-clean rep and is hyped up as a franchise QB slips this far into the late first round. It's as if front offices are now afraid to pick QB's in the first round because their ass is more on the chopping block if a QB fails than if you pick another position and that player busts.

It would amuse me if Cleveland was able to trade up to pick Quinn, have their cake and eat it too. It would be also like San Diego getting Brees anyway after they traded down from Vick to 'settle' for Tomlinson. It would kind of amuse me if Herm actually wound up getting Quinn especially since he wouldn't know how to use him :P

:rofl: And the Browns DO trade up to #22 (the Boys slot) for Quinn, screwing Herm in the process :evil:

EDIT: They just announced the trade, Dallas made out nicely by getting a Browns' first-rounder next year to move down fifteen spots, of course it's a fair price given the circumstances.

As far as the Jets' pick, well I trust Mangini especially when it comes to corners. And the Jets did need a corner and with Miller and Revis also will have an explosive Special teams.

Edited by Hasan4978