Don

GDT - Devs/Sens Game II

238 posts in this topic

Lots of physical play so far. Two Senators try to put Madden into their bench, then Elias hits Redden, then Gomez and one of the Senators start mixing it up. Probably a 4 on 4 coming up.

Here we go, first Ottawa powerplay of the night. Hopefully the PK is better tonight.

I can't stand Bob Cole. Ref's arm goes up while the Devils are controlling the puck "penalty coming up here......it might be against Ottawa..."

this game is pretty fast paced. Devils definately have shown up so far.

I am waiting for one of those slashes or holdings to be called against Jersey, mind you....

1st period technically no over I guess. Wonder if they'll drop the puck with 0.2 left, then drop it again!

Awesome first period for the Devils. They are playing physical, playing good defense, and capitalizing on their offensive chances. They also outshot Ottawa by a big margin. Also, what a goal at the very end! 2-0 Devils!

Devils need to focus when they come out during the second. They have a habit of giving up a quickie goal during new periods.

HELL YEAH! Now that's a great thing to see. 2-0. :dance:

Now the Sens must feel like garbage giving up a goal with that much time left in the period. 16 shots in the 1st for the Devils, they put a lot of pressure on Emery and it payed off since we got two goals. The Devils had great intensity in the 1st, and they need to continue to play like that in the 2nd and 3rd period to get the much needed victory at home.

that's a killer...0.2 seconds left! They still have a PP to start the 2nd, right?

that's a killer...0.2 seconds left! They still have a PP to start the 2nd, right?

Yes

Yep= power play in second... for like 32 seconds or something (from the double minor). :D

That might have been the best period I've seen the Devil's play this post season. Marty didn't have much work, but two of those saves were tricky - he looks sharp. Elias has a lot of jump (the EGG line is flying). We've got three lines rolling really well.

I agree with an earlier post, we need to come out bangin again in the second. We can't let Ottawa get any momentum. If we can kick their ass tonight, they'll leave thinking they were lucky to get one. :koolaid:

GO DEVILS!!!! :saddevil: