Howard Berger says it wasn't a sellout

officerfarva

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=7208

If you thought this nut was crazy before, read this blog. This Leaf lover really hates us and the Devils, it's laughable at this point.

Devils Respond; Fans So-SoToday @ 2:35 AM ET | Comments (14)

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (Apr. 29) -- New Jersey's hockey fanatics are popping open the bubbly because the team announced that all 19,040 seats were sold for last night's Game 2 of the Devils/Senators series. Only in this region would that be so novel as to elicit celebration. In just about every other NHL city, selling out a playoff game would not be a discussion topic. Here, it will probably spawn headlines in most of the local newspapers later today. Saturday's number was also deceiving. Just as the Devils announced that more than 15,000 tickets were sold for Game 1, this crowd was far below the posted figure. Anyone who was at Saturday's match knows there were thousands of empty seats in the Continental Airlines Arena -- entire rows were unoccupied in some sections. The actual body count was probably more like 15,500, which is pretty good by Jersey standards. Why so many people would spend the inflated figure to buy playoff tickets then not show up is a mystery.

The larger crowd had an immediate impact on the Devils, who came out of the gate with much more energy -- matching the electric atmosphere in the building... the opposite of Thursday's opener. It's amazing what 3,000 extra fans can mean to the club. Brian Gionta capitalized with an early goal, and the Devils deserved to win the game, even though they coughed up a lead in the final minute of regulation.

Martin Brodeur also bounced back with a more typical playoff effort. His glove-hand, questioned after Game 1, was lightning quick in the second match, and it's possible that the Senators will be gripping over the veteran goalie in the hours leading up to Game 3. That's the primary edge the Devils have had all these years, and Brodeur did enough good things in Game 2 to get in the heads of the Ottawa shooters. It will be interesting to see how the Senators respond in front of their home patrons.

E-mail howard.berger@rci.rogers.com

Edited by officerfarva

is this guy for real? what a tool. i had to email him this time, because it's rediculous that in a thrilling game, some jackass is sitting in the arena trying to count empty seats rather than watch the game.

Your analysis of the Devils' fans at tonights game is rediculous. Actual body count closer to 15,500??? Were you at the same building I saw, cause there was a hell of a lot more people then 15,500. I don't know why you waste your time writing about the attendance of the team anyway. Even when we do have a sellout, you still go and rag on the fans, as if it has anything to do with hockey. Why don't you do what a real sports reporter should do and report on the actual GAME which happened to be one of the most exciting games in a while. I guess you missed that part though while scouting the friggin' building for empty seats. Lame.

:puke:

He is like most sports writers in Canada. They are so jealous of the Devils success that they write articles about how the boring Devils are killing hockey and how the Devils fans are terrible. Canadians believe what they read from these guys that's why the Devils are considered boring, even in the 2000 and 2001 seasons when the Devils were among the league leaders in goals scored.

I was reading Tsn and hfboards and their were some fans in Canada that said this game was boring and the Devils must practice dumping the puck out of the zone.

He is like most sports writers in Canada. They are so jealous of the Devils success that they write articles about how the boring Devils are killing hockey and how the Devils fans are terrible. Canadians believe what they read from these guys that's why the Devils are considered boring, even in the 2000 and 2001 seasons when the Devils were among the league leaders in goals scored.

I was reading Tsn and hfboards and their were some fans in Canada that said this game was boring and the Devils must practice dumping the puck out of the zone.

lmao, wow. it's comical really. i just read some guys reply on that site to the orignal thread from this guy showing that he had a new blog...:

crow-1.jpg

Wait a minute, so us Devils fans are not allowed to celebrate a sellout of a 19 plus seat arena after some agenda driven hater writes about 4 blogs in a row about it? Even the CBC feed was mentioning how they think this was a sellout according to my sources, as well as FSN, Versus. Are you trying to say that NJ lied about ticket sales? If that is true, why wouldn't have the 18k crowd against Tampa been hailed at a sellout as well? You truly are impressive with your spin and hatred. Sorry friend, it was a sellout. How sad, a Leafs fan who needs the Senators to enjoy the playoffs.

I eagerly wait your next quality blog, maybe it will be about hockey this time. It certainly wont be about Leafs hockey.

lol, what a hilarious reply. i love the last two lines. ahahahahah.

I still don't understand why all these a$$holes put so much emphasis on attendance. Really, what does it matter? I could care less if I was the only fan in the building as long as the team wins.

And I think the celebrating has more to do with the WIN and not the sellout. I guess in Toronto you can go to a sold out playoff game and lose 9-0 and go home with a smile on your face.

I still don't understand why all these a$$holes put so much emphasis on attendance. Really, what does it matter? I could care less if I was the only fan in the building as long as the team wins.

And I think the celebrating has more to do with the WIN and not the sellout. I guess in Toronto you can go to a sold out playoff game and lose 9-0 and go home with a smile on your face.

This is really starting to get stupid now. How is it possible that the Devils attendance is this much of an issue anymore? It's really getting sad. Is there not anything else to talk about, like maybe the damn game that was played last night? We get it already, the Devils are boring, Devils fans suck and we can't sell out hockey games. It's like the same article has been recycled 500,000 times already over the last 10 years.

This Berger guy is just a bitter a$$hole who doesn't have a clue. I was at the game last night and this man is out of his mind if he thinks that there were only 15,500 at the game last night. Just a total moron.

I know some people on the board have been joking about making a seperate thread for all attendance articles but maybe it's a good idea at this point. It's really the only thing you keep hearing about these days, especially from the bitter j.o. hockey minds north of the border. It's either that or maybe these sh*t articles should stop being posted all together.

Would it be nice to have more sellouts? It probably would but it hasn't been happening for years now. GET OVER IT ALREADY!!! All these a$$hole writers ever try to do is piss in our corn flakes because they're jealous tools who support garbage teams that can't win.

We are only 8 games into the playoffs but the Devils have already had some big moments this post season, the type of moments that may very well end up being great memories from a great post season. Instead of enjoying these moments all that is ever being talked about is the stupid attendance. Some people will go to the games while others will not. It should end there. I'm just so sick and tired of the Devils and their fans getting shat on all the time. We might not have the fan support like the Leafs for example, but we're winners and thats all that should matter, especially at this time of the year.

Ok an other Fan of the Leafs.

What did the Leafs won in the last fvcking 40years?Unless 1993 and the 70's Leafs has done NOTHING.

NOTHING.Really.Leafs organisation don't give a fvck if the Leafs won or Losses.Their Building is always full, even if they lose.

So please..Howard berger. WHAT DID THE LEAFS HAS DONE SINCE 1967?

And...The goal of Howard is actually to be contreversy.Trying to frustrate us, the Devils fans.Well....If that is his Goal,then he's silly.

Ok an other Fan of the Leafs.

What did the Leafs won in the last fvcking 40years?Unless 1993 and the 70's Leafs has done NOTHING.

NOTHING.Really.Leafs organisation don't give a fvck if the Leafs won or Losses.Their Building is always full, even if they lose.

So please..Howard berger. WHAT DID THE LEAFS HAS DONE SINCE 1967?

And...The goal of Howard is actually to be contreversy.Trying to frustrate us, the Devils fans.Well....If that is his Goal,then he's silly.

He is frustrated jerkoff who has not seen a SC in 40 years! :rofl: The counting and streak continues.

I hate to feed this guy's ego but I had to email him. The subject of my email was "Love your blog". I'm sure this egomaniac will see that and open it right up.

Subject: Love your blog

Because it provides me more comedy than anything Lorne Michaels has produced in the last 15 years.

Devils average playoff attendance in 2007= 16,800

Leafs average playoff attendance in 2006 and 2007= 0

Oh and for the record, I've missed one Devils home playoff game in 13 years so I've seen more Stanley Cups won in front of my eyes than you'll ever see in your lifetime. Keep writing and lying, I'll keep laughing.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=7208

If you thought this nut was crazy before, read this blog. This Leaf lover really hates us and the Devils, it's laughable at this point.

Devils Respond; Fans So-SoToday @ 2:35 AM ET | Comments (14)

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (Apr. 29) -- New Jersey's hockey fanatics are popping open the bubbly because the team announced that all 19,040 seats were sold for last night's Game 2 of the Devils/Senators series. Only in this region would that be so novel as to elicit celebration. In just about every other NHL city, selling out a playoff game would not be a discussion topic. Here, it will probably spawn headlines in most of the local newspapers later today. Saturday's number was also deceiving. Just as the Devils announced that more than 15,000 tickets were sold for Game 1, this crowd was far below the posted figure. Anyone who was at Saturday's match knows there were thousands of empty seats in the Continental Airlines Arena -- entire rows were unoccupied in some sections. The actual body count was probably more like 15,500, which is pretty good by Jersey standards. Why so many people would spend the inflated figure to buy playoff tickets then not show up is a mystery.

The larger crowd had an immediate impact on the Devils, who came out of the gate with much more energy -- matching the electric atmosphere in the building... the opposite of Thursday's opener. It's amazing what 3,000 extra fans can mean to the club. Brian Gionta capitalized with an early goal, and the Devils deserved to win the game, even though they coughed up a lead in the final minute of regulation.

Martin Brodeur also bounced back with a more typical playoff effort. His glove-hand, questioned after Game 1, was lightning quick in the second match, and it's possible that the Senators will be gripping over the veteran goalie in the hours leading up to Game 3. That's the primary edge the Devils have had all these years, and Brodeur did enough good things in Game 2 to get in the heads of the Ottawa shooters. It will be interesting to see how the Senators respond in front of their home patrons.

E-mail howard.berger@rci.rogers.com

Uhhh.. I was there. There were a couple hundred empties downstairs. That's it. Just another dipsh!t looking for a story where there isn't one.

I think he started watching the game during the overtime.

You're probably right because a lot of people left with about 3 minutes left in the third and some more left after the first OT. I don't know who would leave early but some people did, and that's why the attendance looked less later on in the game.

That is horrible. It baffles me that people leave a one goal game before it ends, but it is absolutely crazy to leave as the game is going to double-OT. I mean I kinda understand if you have work the next day but today is Sunday so I don't think that many people fall into that category.