From a sens fan...

Stepside

I'll just extend congrats to the Sens fans who posted on this board. After Round 1, I concluded that they were the most impressive team I've seen. Anaheim ranks right behind.

And they played great. Whoever comes out between my team and the Sabres will have their hands full. I kind of think Ottawa is better. Maybe Clown was right.

Edited by Derek21

Being from Ottawa, I have always hated the Senators and always will. I will say this though, this does seem like a different team. I am not sure if they will go all the way because the Sabres have the offense to really test Emery.

One thing for sure is Daniel Alfredsson has become a real player and a real captain. I have no idea when this transition happened but this man is on a mission. He has become so physical, so strong on the puck and he backchecks like crazy. He has become as complete of a player as there is.

Going into the playoffs I really didn't like this Sens team and am still surprised how badly they beat us. This is not the same team I saw all season. I still don't get it.

Edited by devilsrule33

One thing for sure is Daniel Alfredsson has become a real player and a real captain. I have no idea when this transition happened but this man is on a mission. He has become so physical, so strong on the puck and he backchecks like crazy. He has become as complete as a player as there is.

I think Alfredson became "THE MAN" simply because he didn't have to be "THE MAN". They have a number of guys with leadership skills that can let Alfredson do his thing. In some series past Daniel would try to overplay at times. Try to put the team on his back and do things single-handedly - and that just doesn't work. He wouldn't take the body for not wanting to put himself out of position. He'd try to go in one-on-five. I think he's a better player when he's NOT the captain. Yes, he still has the C on his uniform, but the team has a half-dozen guys that do the captains role. Which wasn't the case a couple years ago.

I really like the Sens players, system, staff. I love what Murray has done with this team. I just have a problem with fans who use their coffee break to walk all the way from building 3 to building one to razz the resident Devils fan about how much better the Senators are than the Devils. The unfounded arrogance is is unmatched in all of sports. They walk around like they've won the last 10 Cups. I don't think that kind of attitude deserves to be rewarded.

Well, I've been hanging out on your boards here for the last 2 weeks and I must say my impression of Devils fans has completely changed. You guys have a very dedicated fanbase that I can see here and I have to say I'm very impressed. You support your team and show passion when you think changes should be made (but you don't call for trades every time you lose a game like Toronto fans) and you make well informed, classy and intelligent posts which is a breath of fresh air.

Because of that I'll be checking this board from time to time. Intelligent discourse in hockey is VERY hard to come by and you have some great people on here.

Props on a great season,

-Step

Just trying to cheer myself up :P

If Chelsea lose against Arsenal tomorrow in the football (Soccer, lol) i will have had the worst week ever in terms of sport!!!

Just making the most of the calm before i nearly have heart Failuer.

1st off :

suicideba3.gif

Secondly :

With 4 exceptions in hockey, I always want the team that knocked my team out to win it all. At least then I can say they lost to the BEST team. The exceptions obviously would be Rags, Phailures, Lafs & Cryalotta.

So, I hope the Sens win 8 more this season.

3rd :

Alfredsson is a friggin animal. wow.

And the hustle yer squad showed on that first goal was champion caliber. :saddevil:

Thanks for your props to us. That being said, I'd like to make some observations about "Devils fans" tonight.

I love Sens fans, always have. Polite and respectful.

Here's what absolutely pissed me off and made me embarrassed tonight:

- People chanting USA during the Canadian National Anthem.

- People yelling Rangers suck during the Canadian Anthem.

- The jerk off screaming "Heatley you f**king murderer you should be in jail!" the whole game.

- Fans that left in the second period.

- The people I heard screaming after the game "we have three cups, how many do you have?!" Well they just knocked us out in 5 games. So keep sh*t talking.

I had four Sens fans sitting next to me the entire game. Nicest people I have ever met. And all of the Sens fans that were gathered by their entrance for warmups were cool too. I sang the Canadian National Anthem and the Sens fans next to me sang the US anthem. The way it should be. I'm disappointed to say I was embarrassed to be there tonight.

Quoted for extreme truth.

I hated leaving that builkding that way. I was embarrassed.

All those years everyone was screaming, "You gotta beat Ottawa" This year it was only a whisper and look at what you got. Well congrats to the Sens. I think I'll just play "Everything must go" by Steeley Dan on a loop all day today. :D

Thank you for the kind words, Stepside. A classy person representing one of the classier teams in the league. I'll be pulling for Ottawa the rest of the playoffs, its been a long time coming for Canada's capital. Best of luck the rest of the way :)

Well, my impression of Devils fans sure hasn't changed since I came to this board.

I already knew most of you were intelligent, passionate hockey fans.

I know this one was rough on you guys (Sens fans have been here plenty of times) but your team'll be back, Marty'll be back. As long as he's in net, the Devils will always make me nervous when the Sens face them in the playoffs. Chins up boys and girls, tomorrow's a new day.

PS if the guy with the shaved head and the painted face who was sitting in the corner where the visiting team's locker room is posts here: Dude, you freaking rock.

Ottawa's going to the final this year. Maybe all the way. I don't know if the Ducks will be able to score any better on them than we did.

We may see a trend developing where next year, the East wants the Devils in the 2nd round so they go on to win the Cup.

i was sitting by him. hilarious

Yeah, he had a torn Sens flag he held upside down in the smoker's area outside the rink. He was great making our lives miserable out there (the whole group was, especially after the first.) I made sure to shake his hand as he was going up the steps after it was over, great guy.

Edited by Senators Advocate

Congrats, we may be rooting for you guys if the Rangers comeback and beat Buffalo. I went up to Ottawa during the 03 playoffs, it's a great hockey city so good luck to you.

Another Sens fan chiming in.

Tough series against you guys- lots of our rival fans claiming we only won 'cause the Devils were slumping and tired or whatever excuses- All I can say is most games could have gone either way- it just happens to be our time and we're a bit hungrier for it this year, so we stuck to our plan and prevailed against one of the best teams out there.

So, come along with us and have fun as we finish of the rest of the east and then take out the west and share in the cup experience you guys have enjoyed three times!

This is a good board with mostly knowledgeable, fun people.

Y'all should visit us at sportsnet. ca