Who is your favorite Devil

Cal914

Elias, and tonight was another example why. He was genuine and composed in the postgame interview, and for someone who was ostensibly not playing well he still averaged a point a game in the playoffs. He was asked about the Devils' ability to play this system in the new NHL and he cited '99-01 as an example of how it could still work.

Elias, and tonight was another example why. He was genuine and composed in the postgame interview, and for someone who was ostensibly not playing well he still averaged a point a game in the playoffs. He was asked about the Devils' ability to play this system in the new NHL and he cited '99-01 as an example of how it could still work.

I feel like Parise could be a huge offensive threat even if we stay our usual defensive selves. I like him alot for who he will be in about five or six years.

Currently I like Mike Rupp. The man went through the same rare heart condition I had, so I have to like him. And who doesn't like Cam Janssen, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to say my favorite all time would have to be Chico. I first got

into hockey in the 85-86 season. I had watched it prior, but really "got

into it" when I saw my first game in person, when Chico & the Devils

beat Vancouver 4-1. I always admired Chico's preserverence amid a sea of

losing, he's a class act and he's an orginal Devil. There are obviously

a ton of great players that have come through NJ and helped bring three

Cups here, and they deserve all the accolades they get. But this

corner's gonna stick with Chico :)

PS: That year I also tuned in games from other cities via AM radio, and

began to listen to a lot of Red Wing games. Maybe it was for

solace...the Devils weren't very good then, but Detroit was worse....

My favorite Devil is probably Doug Brown, and or John McLean. I started to reallly follow the Devils in 86, and I just remember these two as being my favorites over the next few years.

Current Devils - I don't really have a favorite, though I like Pando, Madden, Dowd, and Parise. I was never a Neidermeyer fan, nor am I a big Gomez fan.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Even though I am not a Devils fan, here are a few Devils players I have enjoyed watching/admired, etc:

1. John MacLean- Consistent player, went through the dark days with the Devils...classy player

2. Pat Verbeek- Had that big 46 goal year for the Devils...very underrated 500 goal scorer...

3. Scott Neidermayer- I know, I know...he left on bitter terms...but man was he a force for the SDevils...3 Cups...such a wonderful player to watch skate in the open ice...an all time great for the Devils franchise.