Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diabolical

Lightning sign defenceman Lukowich

86 posts in this topic

I think Lou didn't want to give up the years to someone at Luko's level of play as I think the Devils can have some call up options at that level of play next season.

I think Lou didn't want to give up the years to someone at Luko's level of play as I think the Devils can have some call up options at that level of play next season.

I don't understand how/why this happened. Only Lou knows. It's not like Luko was given an offer that was unreasonable. :noclue:

Agreed. Like many, I'm sad to see him go too. He seemed to develop into a fan favorite.

But, evidently, LL felt that what made him stand out was not his play, but the lower play of the other D.

And Lou felt a change was needed. I dont' think it was the $ or term. Just a evaluation that his team needed more than Luko could offer.

Good Luck Brad. You served us well in your short time here.

Funny how much a difference a year can make. If this was last year most of us would be saying good riddance.

It was great seeing him settle in here in NJ after such a rough start after the trade off the island. I hope he has a good reintroduction to Tampa since he proved to be such a solid character guy for the Devils.

Edited by Diabolical

Oh booo. It sucks because Luko played so well for us and is a great guy, but times are a changing here. I wouldn't be comfortable with White, Matty and Luko again as the 3 defensive defenseman.

Defensemen like Luko are sadly a dime a dozen, he can be replaced, I'll still miss him though.

IMO this comes down to contract length.

If lou offers a 3 year deal he stays, i think lou only wanted a one year deal.

Can blame him for going to tampa, he has security for 3 years.

Something that is never garunteed here unless your last name is Brylin (watch he will get traded now, i have cursed him)

Luko > Racoon

Don't understand this one... Lou seemed to really like Luko.

Matvichuk is good for 50 games max. Not sure what the thinking was here.

Luko > Racoon

Good, if Lou's going to be a d-ck and not even offer ANYthing to Lukowich then let him get a good deal from another team.

Three years would have been one more than I wanted, but how do we know Luko wouldn't have taken a two year deal with us? Lou never offered bupkus.

But if the king thinks he can magically make the defense better by letting two of our top guys go without making an attempt to resign either, well okay Lou. Let's see those damn rabbits you're pulling out of that hat.

Edited by Hasan4978

Good, if Lou's going to be a d-ck and not even offer ANYthing to Lukowich then let him get a good deal from another team.

Three years would have been one more than I wanted, but how do we know Luko wouldn't have taken a two year deal with us? Lou never offered bupkus.

But if the king thinks he can magically make the defense better by letting two of our top guys go without making an attempt to resign either, well okay Lou. Let's see those damn rabbits you're pulling out of that hat.

This is a great point which can get lost in the Zubrus excitement.

Luko and Raffi were our best d-men last year. Their places are being taken by which rabbit?

we'll miss you luko. good guy. too bad lou dropped the ball, or maybe luko wanted a payday from lou.

Maybe next year Lou'll lace 'em up on D. God knows he already has every other job title in the organization and it'll save cap room :P

Maybe next year Lou'll lace 'em up on D. God knows he already has every other job title in the organization and it'll save cap room :P

This is getting disgusting. Luko was our best D-man last season. How the fvck did Lou let him go?? this is horrible timing with the new arena.