Weekes Head

Fire & Ice: DEVILS SIGN WEEKES

154 posts in this topic

Don't like Weekes because of 2002, but he's better than Clemmensen. This is a sign that Marty will get a lighter workload next season because Weekes is a top echelon backup.

Are you forgetting about Vanbiesbrouck?

Pat Conacher too.

why does a kevin weekes signing thread have over 100 responses

coz we all wait the first to post " In Lou We Trust "

Haha I made a joke about this in the OT forum, but I said we would trade Marty for him. :P

I bet he will get booed whenever he plays at home or at Rangers now. He always got booed at Rags for some reason and he will get booed for what happened in '02. Oh well, as long as he can win the two games that he plays, I have no problem.

Didn't Weekes play for the Isles?.... so now he joins Nemchimov & Malakhov as the only one who have played for the 3 NY/NJ teams.

You forgot Beezer.

You forgot Beezer.

Heh, people here are fast. Sorry for superfluous post.

Haha I made a joke about this in the OT forum, but I said we would trade Marty for him. :P

I bet he will get booed whenever he plays at home or at Rangers now. He always got booed at Rags for some reason and he will get booed for what happened in '02. Oh well, as long as he can win the two games that he plays, I have no problem.

At NYR im pretty they were chanting "Weeekess" not "boooo" .. and i doubt anyone will bother boo'ing him besides Rag fans this year..

If we boo him in Newark, theres a good chance we might not make it home that night. :lol:

We'll be getting shanked at the concession stands and getting mowed down by drive bys on the way home

(Just a joke for the touchy feely)

Edited by FightCommies77

Didn't Weekes play for the Isles?.... so now he joins Nemchimov & Malakhov as the only one who have played for the 3 NY/NJ teams.

Don't forget Mike Dunham. For some reason I think there is one more

If we boo him in Newark, theres a good chance we might not make it home that night. :lol:

We'll be getting shanked at the concession stands and getting mowed down by drive bys on the way home

(Just a joke for the touchy feely)

Edited by Satans Hockey

If Marty is about the team, instead of pseudo individual records or awards, he will suck it up.

He has too look at the long term benefit, in that he will add a few years to his career.

I think there is, maybe Peluso? Pat Flatley?

we wont boo him, we don't whine and cry when the players move on. We can understand it is a business first and foremost and the players have just as much right as anyone else to make as much money as they can. Even if that means going to another team.

Boo players, yes. However if Leetch or Messier had signed with the Devils, we would not have boo'd him solely for that reason. Hell, they'd get standing ovations everytime they played at MSG.

Boo players, yes. However if Leetch or Messier had signed with the Devils, we would not have boo'd him solely for that reason. Hell, they'd get standing ovations everytime they played at MSG.

Ranger fans booed Weekes the last two years I don't see why they wouldn't boo him this year :rolleyes:

I'd be willing to bet if anyone took more money to go from the Rangers to the Islanders they'd get their ass booed no matter who it was. Of course that doesn't usually happen TO the Rangers :P

The fans who booed were silly. You support every one of your players.

And Sather gave him, I think it was 2mil a yr? We got him for $700,000 per. Not too shabby. He may have found home?

Circumstances are different. When they signed Weekes, it was to be the starter here replacing Doneham. Then Lundqvist emerged and Weekes' role changed.

He's at a different stage in his career. I'm sure he'll enjoy holding that clipboard. :P

Circumstances are different. When they signed Weekes, it was to be the starter here replacing Doneham. Then Lundqvist emerged and Weekes' role changed.

He's at a different stage in his career. I'm sure he'll enjoy holding that clipboard. :P

Yes I know and you know Sather signed him as a starter, but there's a troll on this board that swears that wasn't the case.

Edited by LizDevil30

Sather signed him to split time with Lundqvist - no one really knew what the kid had in 2005. Of course we all found out pretty quickly.

I like this signing - I mean, I've never thought Kevin Weekes was that great a goalie, and two years is a bit excessive, but he is certainly better than Scott Clemmensen, who is probably around the 70th best goalie in the world.

I guess Frank Doyle or Jordan Parise is going to be 86'd from the organization?

Sather signed him to split time with Lundqvist - no one really knew what the kid had in 2005. Of course we all found out pretty quickly.

I like this signing - I mean, I've never thought Kevin Weekes was that great a goalie, and two years is a bit excessive, but he is certainly better than Scott Clemmensen, who is probably around the 70th best goalie in the world.

86 the shellfish!

Why wouldn't they split time again in Lowell? Do we have a prospect ready to join the team?

Why wouldn't they split time again in Lowell? Do we have a prospect ready to join the team?

I believe Jason Smith was signed by the Devils. I guess he could go in Trenton.