Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xxmadpnoy86xx

Robinson, MacLean, Albelin Named as Assistant Coaches

27 posts in this topic

What happened to Jacque Lapierre?????

He is the best defensive coach in the NHL????? What happened to him?

Edited by Don

Humm,...Good choices,..But i'm a bit worried about Lappy..It seems like Robinson will take his place :unsure:

Edited by TravisZajac

If you are worried about losing Laperriere, we have some problems.

Anyway.. i think the guy was old and probably wanted to retire.

i have no idea how anyone would begin to go about rating assistant coaches - like ranking managers in baseball, it's a fruitless endeavor. before laperriere was a 'great assistant coach', so was fetisov - then they canned fetisov.

but larry robinson was always at his best as an assistant coach - let's just hope he's not called on to coach in an emergency again

Edited by Triumph

Looks like Sutter has a strong coaching force to work with. Should be a good season.

Looks like Sutter has a strong coaching force to work with. Should be a good season.

If we still had our superstars i'd say we were in for one heck of a season... now we're just in for one season. Good...dunno..?m :noclue:

Very nice staff Sutter will have on the bench. Robinson, MacLean and Albelin are all good choices and will do good under Sutter.

If we still had our superstars i'd say we were in for one heck of a season... now we're just in for one season. Good...dunno..?m :noclue:
Edited by Triumph

That is great, robinson, just as good if not better than brent sutter, will be an assistant coach!!!!

he assisted jaques lemaires to 95 cup and coached 00 cup!

maclean is always goin to be good!!!!

Albelin has been through everything with the devils and should make a great assistant!

How many times do u see ur assistant coach who is better than ur head coach?

That is great, robinson, just as good if not better than brent sutter, will be an assistant coach!!!!

Albelin has been through everything with the devils and should make a great assistant!

Edited by devilsrule33

First off it might be better if you typed normally and not like you were using Instant Messenger.

This is a great support team for Sutter. How can anyone say that an assistant coach is better than the head coach when the head coach hasn't even coached an NHL game yet? :noclue:

Jacques Laperriere, who had been an assistant coach for the past four seasons, will not return to the staff. Lamoriello said that he will remain with the organization and work with defensemen in the minor leagues.

This is encouraging news. I am happy to see MacLean back. I think Robinson should provide an interesting dynamic now that he isn't necessarily "the man" but just an assistant, so he can be himself with the way he treats players as Sutter will be the opposite. I have always been a fan of Albelin and think he is a great choice to be a coach, the guy has a ton of experience, even with some of the guys on the current roster.

Laperriere is a great choice to coach the Devils minor league guys, hopefully that helps their development, especially to the Devils system.

I guess the assistant coaching duties breakdown with MacLean coaching the forwards, and Robinson and Albelin handling the defenseman, right?