Baseball Trade Deadline Thread

PeteyNice

Hate to break it to you but if Luis Castillo is near the top of the lineup, the Mets are making a mistake. The Mets did bat LoDuca there for a long time so maybe they haven't learned.

Furthermore, while picking up Saltamacchia is very good, their return for Gagne sucks.

I think you are overvaluing Castillo. He doesn't get on base enough to be that. And you are totally undervaluing Teixeira. He is a consistent 30+ HR 110+ RBI guy who gets on base and plays gold glove defense. Plus he is just coming into his prime. Looking at his career it is not like he struggles on the road. That was huge for Atlanta.

Atlanta is the big winner. In my mind they clinched a playoff spot today.

Boston is the other winner solidifying their bullpen.

You mean Gotay/Easley. Valentin's pretty much done for the year if not his career. I could have lived with that platoon but defense is important too (Castillo's already made a couple nice plays tonight) and Castillo does fill the #2 slot in the batting order which has pretty much been a merry-go-round all year. Plus they really gave up nothing to get him.

I would have liked another bat for the outfield though, Green's been a total black hole since April. And I like the guy, he's one of the few Mets that's busted his butt all year but he just ain't cutting it anymore as a starter.