Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
empulse27

Devils sign F Arron Asham

180 posts in this topic

yea the devils should most definately only match lines sometimes against certain players who you know can do damage to them. I think the devils should spread their wings a little bit and let pandolfo and madden try and score a little bit instead of having their main concentration be on D

Don't know much about him... but I'm glad to see he general concensus is this is good for us. I like we are getting tougher...

CRASHER: it was demonstrated pretty convincingly that that was a terrible idea last season, and probably the season before it. I mean, Pandolfo and Madden have been minus players the past two seasons - are they really that much better at stopping teams from scoring than our 2nd or first line? I'm not saying give up on matching lines, but just give it a rest sometimes, especially away from New Jersey.

The distribution should go something like 18, 17, 16, 9.

Pando - Madden - Asham --- That's a serious shutdown line... :D

I want Asham on the 3rd line where he can do more. Asham is like Janssen but can actually play hockey, he gets under their skin and just plas the game right. He is a prototypical Devil.

I actually like this idea better than having Asham wasted on the 4th line.

I'm glad you both agree with me. :D

I like how the Rangers tried to build themselves another all-star team to win a Cup, whereas the Devils have actually been putting the components together for an all-around solid team. That's one concept the Rangers never seem to be able to grasp for some reason. You can't throw the best players and the biggest egos together and throw it against the wall and expect it to stick.

Asham, along with our other signings and our new coach, show that the Devils continue to stay devoted to remaining a solid team throughout. That's what won them 3 Cups. And it's why come Sept., everyone will be talking about how much the Devils are going to suck, and it's why come April, they'll still be in the running for the Atlantic Division.

I'm glad everyone's starting to see that having four fairly balanced lines is much better than what we've had in the past.

Now with our first and second line, our third line can be

Madden-Pando-Clarkson --> Clarkson will give the line offense which makes it more balanced

And our fourth line can posstibly be

Viukohla-Brylin-Asham with Rupp/Janssen/Pelley rotating in every once in awhile

Does everyone see how much more offense the fourth line has now with Brylin back there, Viukohla's potential, Asham's 25 points a season, Pelley's potential and Rupp's all-around ability to score a goal every once in awhile? As much as I like Janssen, he really should just go down to Lowell or get traded to a team like St. Louis for a draft pick.

:D Great minds occassionally will think something close.

Asham should be on the third line any way youre cutting it. He is capable of playing the time and pinching in his part of the offense.

The Devils signed Janssen for three years. I don't think they have any intention of letting him go. He's still the only guy on this team who can take on heavyweights and have a legitimate chance - Rupp is willing to fight some of them but he's just not a very good fighter.

vox, there are still very serious questions for this team on defense. let's not go giving ourselves the division just yet. aaron asham is probably worth 1 win this season.

The fans like Janssen too much to trade him, Lou wouldnt want to move him. I dont think hes really worth any draft picks anyway for the Blues. The Blues have great prospects but i dont think they need a player like Janssen. He works better in a system like our where he plays min time.

:D Great minds occassionally will think something close.

I don't think that's how the saying goes...

:P

This is a strong upgrade from Ras. Im happy with this signing.

Agreed

It would be nice to find out the length and amount of his contract....

RD, you should know by now. :P

Edited by Elias26

i don't think there is any way pelley will be up with the big team this year. let him continue to develop and play every night in lowell.

My guess, it's a two year deal. Nothing has come my way yet though in terms of the contract length or salary.

Id expect 2 years too.

Dose anyone else get reminded of Langenbrunner when they saw Asham play? Langenbrunner is definatly more talented and has more things workign for him, but the grit and play is similar.

Any word on if this is a one-way or two-way contract?

Any word on if this is a one-way or two-way contract?

No indication towards it being an two-way contract but I can't see how it could be.

Nice find by Lou. He will be good as a Devil 4-liner. And we can say goodbye to Rassmus. :noclue:

I understand that it wouldn't make much sense for it to be two-way, but what do you mean that you can't see how it could be?

I understand that it wouldn't make much sense for it to be two-way, but what do you mean that you can't see how it could be?

Yeah theres no wya its a 2 way contract. Hes a solid player, he'll be with the big club this season as long as hes healthy.