EKLUND CRAP: Friesen and Vaanannanen Devils targets?

ghdi

:argh:

No direct mention cept in his silly UFA rankings, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT IT WILL HAPPEN how would you feel about a return of the Freeze? I'm a bit mixed on it, he was decent while a Devil, and he of course had a couple of very memorable goals and since he's left Jersey he hasnt done anything. For cheap, Id be ok with it.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=9016

THE HOCKEYBUZZ CENTRAL TOP 25 UFA RANKINGS

1. Peter Forsberg (Nash, Ottawa, Col, Edm, Van, Phi)

2. Teemu Selanne (Anaheim, Dallas, Philadelphia, Montreal)

3. Danny Markov (Chicago, Boston, Detroit)

4. Mike Peca (Rangers, Toronto, Buffalo, Columbus)

5. David Tanabe (Columbus, San Jose, Boston)

6. Bryan Berard (NYI, Atlanta)

7. Mike Johnson (Nashville, Buffalo, Phoenix)

8. Eric Lindros (Vancouver, Calgary, San Jose)

9. Brent Sopel (Colorado, Boston, Anaheim)

10. Jason Allison (Vancouver, NYI)

11. Robert Esche (NY Rangers, San Jose, Anaheim)

12. Jeff Friesen (Anaheim, San Jose, NJ)

13. Sean Burke (NY Rangers, Anaheim, Dallas)

14. Tony Amonte (Chicago, Boston, San Jose)

15. Ossi Vaananen (NJ, SJ, Colorado)

16. Janne Niinimaa (Columbus, Detroit, Nashville )

17. Jan Bulis (Nashville, Atlanta)

18. Anson Carter (Vancouver, Washington, Colorado)

19. Darren McCarty (retire, Detroit)

20. Ed Belfour (Europe, NYR, Ottawa, Carolina)

21. Jeff O'Neill (Buffalo, Washington, Carolina)

22. Adam Hall (Boston, Toronto, San Jose)

23. Curtis Joseph (Toronto, Florida)

24. Jason York (Ottawa)

25. Nolan Pratt (Dallas, NY Islanders, Chicago)

It seems he just put NJ up there to fill in the third option on Friesen. Vaanannen also makes no sense to me since we just signed about 3 other #6 and #7 defenders lol.

But yea, I dont care either way, for nostalgia I would be fine with Freeze seeing as his last good days were in a Devils uni and maybe he could recapture that but I wouldnt expect any major contributions from either.

here comes Triumphs soliloquy on why neither will happen, why Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) sucks, and why talking about this is pointless

Friesen is not coming back. His NHL career is just about over - he is a 4th line player and doesn't even do that much right as a 4th liner.

I'd like to see Vaananen here but I see it as very unlikely - unless Matvichuk is dealt somewhere, Vaananen has no chance of being a Devil. Plus, we already have 2 new defenders.

I wouldn't mind Friesen, maybe he can resurrect his career somehow in NJ. Ass for the defense, we have excess amount of D-Men especially with Corrente and Oduya as our extra D-Men. I would think Lou is going to look close to the trade deadline if any improvements to the D have to be made. I would think he will look to add a defenseman and a forward at the deadline. I would take Friesen for a one year $875K deal. He could be a steal for that kind of deal, but I would not go higher than $1.2 mil on him. He will be a fourth liner if anything. Vaananen was really random of Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate).

I wouldn't have minded having Friesen either, but at this point it just seems like a waste of money since we have too many 4th liners.. Same goes for defenseman..

that is very true... but more depth on the blue line is not a bad thing... plus personally i dont think matvichuk can play over 50 a season any more and Oduya should go to the AHL until december to get seasoned a little more... it can only make hime better... the "fake" Vannannen thing could only help

I don't see Matvichuck finishing his season with the Devils, he is pretty old but he is great at blocking shots so he will probably play the first half of the season.

I think he will finish the season despite his health issues. The Devils defense is underwhelming as there is no true number one defenseman, however I really think Lou did a great job of adding quality depth. With Martin, White, Greene, Oduya, Vishnevski, and Rachunek, I think Matvichuk will be able to play the role of a top four defenseman, while being rotated in and out when he needs rest. The Devils should be able to keep him fresh during the year due to this amount of depth.

I DONT REALLY TRUST THIS GUY... i think this is his picture... i googled Ecklund(hockeybuzz)... its the internet... idk dwayne-klessel-073107.jpg.jpg

Edited by Cal914

I think Matvi wont finish the season with the Devils, because honestly i think he will be traded. If not traded then i think he will finish the season with 72ish games played.

The reason to keep Matvichuk is for the playoffs.... he's good for 50-55 games max.

I could see Matvichuk being traded if we find another d-man... he's about the only one I think Lou would consider moving.

Ecklund's an idiot. I would have believed and wouldn't have minded Vaanaanen before we signed Rachunek and Vishnevski but I like Vishnevski.

I don't see Matvichuk getting traded. He's a little too old to be valuable to anybody else and we honestly can't package him with anybody to get someone good in return unless we give up one of our top forwards and a high draft which wouldn't make sense either.

Matvichuk plays 65-ish games this year and he'll be fresh for the playoffs.

Edited by empulse27

I DONT REALLY TRUST THIS GUY... i think this is his picture... i googled Ecklund(hockeybuzz)... its the internet... idk dwayne-klessel-073107.jpg.jpg

Freeze just isnt worth it anymore.

He would have to take the league minimum for a guy with his years in the league.

He wouldnt be bad as a fourth liner, but how many fourth liners do we have or need?

Could he handle third line duties...possibly...but like I said how many Brylins can you have on one team?

I love the Freeze but he just wouldnt fit in on this team.