Lets go Mets!!!

Devils Pride 26

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mets finally look like they mean business over the last week, and the offense has clicked into gear even with Delgado struggling again after coming off his leg injury on the road trip.

I wish Willie'd get over his Guillermo Mota fascination though, he's like Willie's son. Granted the rest of the pen hasn't been much better lately and they need to pick it up but still. The starters I think will be okay especially if they get Pedro back in a couple of weeks.

It would be nice to actually win a few home series though.

Edited by Hasan4978

Willie does remind me of Herm a bit with his stubborness and almost blind adherence to vets but in the case of Mota he has a special fetish, going back to when he let him hit for himself in Game 1 of the playoffs last year with a three-run lead and bases loaded just so he could get another inning out of him. Predictably Mota gave up three runs in the top of the next inning and blew the damn lead :P

Mets look like they're losing another series at home, what else is new? Their play at home and against good teams has still been rather disturbing. 2-4 against the Padres, 3-4 against the Dodgers, lost all four series to the Braves.

Still, the fans are booing pretty loudly considering the team's been in first place for most of the year and will remain no worse than five games up after tonight. Even Devil fans aren't that impatient :blink:

Edited by Hasan4978

Last nights game was absolutly horrible, but on the bright side both the Braves and Phillies lost. Now we start a seris with the LA Dodgers, a team the last time we played we crushed them in Los Angeles. I dont understand this team. Every day a couple relievers implode. Wags has been great all season so you cant point the finger at him. But Mota, Heilman, Schonenweis, does anyone trust these guys? It will get better when if/when we get in the playoffs cause 1 or 2 starters will get bumped to the pen. but we need the starters to start going 7 and 8 innings. Its getting old seeing Glavine with an empty tank in the 6th inning.

Well thank goodness for my money football league's fantasy draft - it was a welcome distraction from nearly seeing Wagner have ANOTHER meltdown :doh1: And thank god Willie was able to squeeze another inning out of Perez, I shudder to think what would have happened if the pen had to go three innings tonight :P

At least the Mets are six games up now, with almost everyone healthy. Chavez and the two catchers should all be back in the next few games and Pedro maybe in two weeks.

So the Mets go 3-3 on the homestand while gaining ground as Phillies and Braves lose too. Now its 4 in Philly and 3 in Atlanta. We can put the division away now. We always win in Philly and it will be a tough test with Atlanta. We need to win the Atlanta seris just for mentally. I have a feeling that we are going to play them in the NLCS, if they make the WC. We NEED to beat the Braves.

Four straight losses, three in Philly - just disgusting. If Willie ever had the stones to ream into the team now's the time :rant: It was a seven-game lead over both teams just Sunday and now it's 3 and 5.

This team just figures out ways to lose when the pressure's on...the sweep by the Phillies in NY and every series loss to the Braves is about to be surpassed in gut-wrenching fashion.

The team's been flat as a pancake and it isn't going to get any easier this weekend in Atlanta. Figures that Cox tweaks his rotation just to get Smoltz pitching on Sunday.

I think they were all trying to get thrown out after the game was over with that Marlon Anderson nonsense :P

Which by the way is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen. Anderson looked like Mark Gastineau coming out of nowhere to whack Bernie Kosar in a playoff game. The sad part is Green almost certainly would have beaten it out anyway, although as one Met fan on another message board cattily pointed out the pen probably would have spit the bit in the bottom of the ninth regardless :lol:

And Willie drives me nuts too, why PH Green over Gotay anyway?! Just because he's a VET? Yeah a vet that hasn't gotten a hit since April. Willie's blind faith toward some of his guys (Green, Mota) is absolutely killing this team, along with the offense's absolute nightly choke jobs in big games.

Edited by Hasan4978

It's close...problem with Mota is he's like a drug (pun intended) that Willie overuses. I swear at least ten times this season when Mota has thrown a scoreless inning - which is rare enough - and Willie sends him back out for another, he always gives it up in that second inning.

Blowenweis is probably Farnsworth's equal :P

Edited by Hasan4978

I wish the Met game was on at night, that way I would have watched Rutgers instead and not tortured myself the way I did listening to the radio and watching TV for today's game.

Each loss more excruciating than the last. If the Mets are still in sole possession of first by the time I get back from DC on Sunday I'll be shocked. This is just a total team meltdown finding ways to lose.