rumor: Jeff Friesen joins Belfour in swedish Leksand?

maets

Will Friesen join Belfour in swedens second best league? Well according to swedish newspaper Dalarnas Tidningar is Leksand trying to sign him. I believe it's an even more spectacular sign than Belfour if the rumor turns out to be true. If he comes here i'll definitely have to go see Leksand. Haha how pathetic when watching a former Devil is the closest Devils experience you can have, I guess it's the daily round for a european Devils fan.

Anyway the rumor can be read here: www.dalarnastidningar.se/sport/article226725.ece (swedish only)

I still remember Jeff during the 2003 playoffs....he was awesome. You gotta believe he has tried all NHL avenues and they must have dried up if he is considering Sweden.

He was frequently a whipping boy on this board (by some more than others) and a lot of it was deserved. He just didn't play consistently. He did have that great run and helped get the cup. I hope it works out for him and his family.