Euro 2008 Qualifiers

Krissu

Portugal will either destroy Poland or it will be a close defensive game. Either way ill look forward to it. Hopefully it will be close though.
Edited by Krissu

Another interesting games today

Ukraine - Italy

France - Scotland

Czech Republic - Ireland

England - Russia

Portugal -Serbia

Finland - Poland

Italy - France was not boring as a Devs game is not boring...

it's a kind of game that I like so much... very smart and physical.

Ok, i like it too when it's full of goal and magic touch..

Tonight, France/Scotland will be hot as hell ! If France win, they will be qualified (not exactly but almost), if they loose... argh

Ukraine - Italy will be incredible (italy MUST win ... ukraine must wake up)

England - Russia is the other game i wanna watch... a new england (without diva as Becky) versus a very quick team

Fun night !

I saw the end of what looked like a great game between Albania and Holland. I turned it on just in time for all the action, there was a little skirmish although nothing too cool but an Albanian player did get thrown out, then the Dutch scored on an awesome play. Still there was time left for Albania to score but then a fan tried to shoot a Dutch player with a flare, which was intense. I have seen clips like that online but never actually when I was watching the game. I just turned to my girlfriend and was like, "holy sh!t, that dude just got shot" but luckily the flare missed his head. The ref did a good job of calling the game right then and there.

And so... two Group A games ended all square. Finland - Poland 0:0 and Portugal - Serbia 1:1. The first game was slow and physical in 1st half. I almost fell asleep. But in 2nd part both teams made a real show. Two times the ball hit the post and polish goalie made one miracle save. But in the end the result is fair and, what's important, Poland and Finland remain at the top of Group A with Poland almost sure of making it into Euro. And everything thanks to very good for Poland result of the Portugal - Serbia game. Everybody expected an easy victory for Portugal.

Edited by Krissu

Yeah, it was ridiculous. The Serbian goal should not have counted. He was clearly offsides.

And as for the equalising goal in the Portugal v Poland game, that was gay as well. The ball rolls in, hits the post and hits Ricardo in the back. NONSENSE!

Portugal should be in a much better position than they are in now. Scolari just needs to cut sh!t and play Ronaldo and Quaresma from the start. Then he will achieve the results he is seeking.

I can't see Italy out of Euro 08

France isn't no more a dominant nation ! French Players are still champion everywhere in europe, but the team is no more as dangerous as she was !

Still a very strong defense but without Zidane, we can't create offense as "usual"

We still have incredible forward (henry, trezeguet, Anelka, Benzema) but our MO (Ribery, Nasri) aren't yet of Zizou level (they never will be but... you know.. close enough to help the team)

I can see Scotland/Italy very easily !

(I don't know if playoff are still on for the third of each group)

I can't see Italy out of Euro 08

France isn't no more a dominant nation ! French Players are still champion everywhere in europe, but the team is no more as dangerous as she was !

Still a very strong defense but without Zidane, we can't create offense as "usual"

We still have incredible forward (henry, trezeguet, Anelka, Benzema) but our MO (Ribery, Nasri) aren't yet of Zizou level (they never will be but... you know.. close enough to help the team)

I can see Scotland/Italy very easily !

(I don't know if playoff are still on for the third of each group)

And as for the equalising goal in the Portugal v Poland game, that was gay as well. The ball rolls in, hits the post and hits Ricardo in the back. NONSENSE!

Portugal should be in a much better position than they are in now. Scolari just needs to cut sh!t and play Ronaldo and Quaresma from the start. Then he will achieve the results he is seeking.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...