• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vinnie

Nats/Marlins game draws a whopping 400 people

13 posts in this topic

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7091201874.html

MIAMI, Sept. 12 -- After 4 hours 9 minutes of laboring in the tropical midday heat in a cavernous and virtually empty stadium Wednesday afternoon, the Washington Nationals got stuck with this: a 5-4 loss to the Florida Marlins in 12 innings that was sealed when a .226 reserve player chopped a single through the infield to drive home the winning run.

PH2007091202876.jpg

PATHETIC.....that's gotta be embarassing for MLBB.

The two most popular baseball teams in Florida are the Yankees and Mets, why the hell do the Marlins and Devil Rays even exist?

Was it MLB Barry Bonds appreciation day?

Edited by LetsGoDevils

The two most popular baseball teams in Florida are the Yankees and Mets, why the hell do the Marlins and Devil Rays even exist?

To give MLB an excuse to have the Yankees and Mets play a few regular-season games in Florida every year. Duh.

However, I do agree that the Marlins never should've existed. Either that or they need a retractable roof stadium so they can close the field in and crank up the AC on days like these.

Isn't the Marlins owner the former owner of the Expos?

Edited by RowdyFan42

Get the Marlins out of my stadium NOW!!!! The Dolphins have to play on that stupid infield dirt in the beginning of the season every year FOR THIS?? Thankfully, the Marlins' lease is up in 2010. Unthankfully, I'm stuck with this moronic baseball team playing in Dolphin Stadium for another 3 seasons.

Get the Marlins out of my stadium NOW!!!! The Dolphins have to play on that stupid infield dirt in the beginning of the season every year FOR THIS?? Thankfully, the Marlins' lease is up in 2010. Unthankfully, I'm stuck with this moronic baseball team playing in Dolphin Stadium for another 3 seasons.

Give the Marlins credit. They're the only team that plays there that has won a championship in the last 33 years.

;)

Nobody likes the Marlins.. everyone likes the Mets.. seriously watch when the Mets play @ Florida again, theres more Mets fan than Marlins fans.. sad..

Give the Marlins credit. They're the only team that plays there that has won a championship in the last 33 years.

;)