Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CRASHER

NFL Week 2!

153 posts in this topic

Your Ravens? Not as good as you think they are. More importantly, they're not a good as THEY think they are.

The Chargers are sure a talented team, ...But they lost Edwards and Goffrey, and most of their coaching staff.Also, take the fact that Rivers isn't a complete Number one QB, I think he's just hella overrated.

Norv Turner is not a good coach at all. The firing of Schottenheimer will haunt them this season.

Game went pretty much as predicted. We dominated for three quarters and got complacent.

Billick needs to get a killer instinct. We can't rely on our Defense to save us week in and week out, especiallly when we have an opponent on the ropes in the first quarter and let them up.

I don't necessarily think it's a Billick problem; I think it's an Ozzie Newsome problem. McGahee was a nice addition, but there's still not enough weapons in that offense to take pressure off their stout defense.

McGahee is good, but I was expecting great. After what Jamal Lewis did yesterday, it kind of makes you wonder. Your right, this is an Ozzie issue.

Or the Giants. Or is that going to be Belichick's job next year?

can't see it... there's gonna be WAY better jobs for Cowlher then the Giants out there.... the Giants need to tear a lot apart (more so on defense)... my gut feeling is you wanna keep rooting for Notre Dame to lose and get Weiss!
Edited by Jerrydevil

can't see it... there's gonna be WAY better jobs for Cowlher then the Giants out there.... the Giants need to tear a lot apart (more so on defense)... my gut feeling is you wanna keep rooting for Notre Dame to lose and get Weiss!

There's a team I can think of that Bill Cowher would be perfect for. I'll give you a hint: the team is named after a marine mammal and plays in Florida.

Giant job is not a good job IMO - the franchise has been poorly run ever since George Young's last days. They wasted two HOF talents' primes (Strahan and Barber) with nothing to show for it. They've consistently signed poor free agents on both sides of the ball - they've been especially good at signing injury prone linebackers.

With how poorly Weis is doing, I don't know that I want him in the NFL. Sure seems like the guys he recruited can't play football.

Giant job is not a good job IMO - the franchise has been poorly run ever since George Young's last days. They wasted two HOF talents' primes (Strahan and Barber) with nothing to show for it. They've consistently signed poor free agents on both sides of the ball - they've been especially good at signing injury prone linebackers.

Giant job is not a good job IMO - the franchise has been poorly run ever since George Young's last days. They wasted two HOF talents' primes (Strahan and Barber) with nothing to show for it. They've consistently signed poor free agents on both sides of the ball -

This sounds like a good synopsis of the Dolphins over the past 12 years. Just substitute Young's name with Shula's, and Strahan and Barber with Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor.

I think the Dolphin job is a good one, too. It's a franchise that has a lot of fans. Maybe the Giants job is a little better because they already have a young QB who has a decent future (I think) and has had some success. But are they firing Cam Cameron after one season?

Edited by Jerrydevil

I think the Dolphin job is a good one, too. It's a franchise that has a lot of fans. Maybe the Giants job is a little better because they already have a young QB who has a decent future (I think) and has had some success. But are they firing Cam Cameron after one season?

Nah, we're not gonna fire him after only one season. It's not like he inherited the Colts here. But I haven't been too impressed with Cameron thus far. Granted the offense has very little talent to work with, but some of his play-calling has been suspect. When we actually ran the ball with some effctiveness yesterday, he immediately got away from it and put the ball back in Green's hands (which proved disasterous). There was a sequence when Ronnie Brown started to get rolling a bit, as we started attacking the middle of the Dallas d-line, who was missing Jason Ferguson. Ronnie breaks off a few good gains in a row, and then he calls a freaking reverse that we lose yardage on. Stupid. It makes me worry if this will continue to be a problem, because he pulled the same thing with San Diego last year when he had LT and started abandoning the run against New England. Predictably, the Chargers lost. Not to mention his clock management in the Washington game left me and the rest of Dolphin Nation scratching our heads.

I'm not expecting anything different against the Jets, but I will be going to the game this week if any of you Jet fans want to meet up for a brew or something and we can talk some Devils hockey. I bought a parking pass from a ticket site online so I don't have to deal with the bullsh!t of parking 8 miles away from the stadium.

Edited by MadDog2020

Nah, we're not gonna fire him after only one season. It's not like he inherited the Colts here. But I haven't been too impressed with Cameron thus far. Granted the offense has very little talent to work with, but some of his play-calling has been suspect. When we actually ran the ball with some effctiveness yesterday, he immediately got away from it and put the ball back in Green's hands (which proved disasterous). There was a sequence when Ronnie Brown started to get rolling a bit, as we started attacking the middle of the Dallas d-line, who was missing Jason Ferguson. Ronnie breaks off a few good gains in a row, and then he calls a freaking reverse that we lose yardage on. Stupid. It makes me worry if this will continue to be a problem, because he pulled the same thing with San Diego last year when he had LT and started abandoning the run against New England. Predictably, the Chargers lost. Not to mention his clock management in the Washington game left me and the rest of Dolphin Nation scratching our heads.

I'm not expecting anything different against the Jets, but I will be going to the game this week if any of you Jet fans want to meet up for a brew or something and we can talk some Devils hockey. I bought a parking pass from a ticket site online so I don't have to deal with the bullsh!t of parking 8 miles away from the stadium.

All isn't lost in Fin Nation... (I am a cowboys fan first and foremost, but my best friend roots for the Dolphins, and we hang out probably every Sunday, so I've gotten pretty used to watching the Fins games). Anyway... if the Fins lose to the Jets next weekend, i think the absolutely best thing Cam Cameron could do is start, who i think is going to be a top-notch qb, JOHN BECK. This guy looks great, i watched plenty of film from him (again courtesy of my FinFanFriend). Come on FinFans.. maybe this season will be lost with a loss next week.. but getting Beck some of what matters most for a young QB, GAME EXPERIENCE. Just think, if the Cowboys never gave Romo a chance.. maybe this week would have been a lot different.
Edited by MadDog2020

I'm with ya on Beck bro. I want to see him starting sometime this year, and I would have NO PROBLEM seeing him start the rest of the season if we lose to the Jets this week. This team just flat-out isn't that good, period. There would be no harm in looking at the future in a season that is going to be lost anyway. Green was a joke yesterday. All his throws take a day and a half to reach their intended receiver, and he gets rid of the ball too damn quick to avoid getting hit. This led to a multitude of stupid decisions yesterday. If we're gonna suck, I'd rather suck with John Beck than Trent Green. Let Beck start learning.

Bills-Jets in two weeks should be a barnburner.
Edited by mdsieve

Not a chance.

And your welcome to Overratedburger and your Steelers for a cakewalk at Heinz ketchup field yesterday :P

Problem is most Dolphin fans don't live in South Florida and trying to sell out that stadium is tough. The Dolphins don't sell out unless the Jets, Patriots, or a "national" team such as Pittsburgh, Chicago, or Green Bay at in town. The Giants job is definately the better job between franchise tradition, off-field business opportunities, the franchise QB already in place in Eli (the lone bright spot of Big Blue's season so far), the new stadium, and the ego boost of being the head coach of the cornerstone franchise of the NFL.