GDT 09/17: Phailures v. Devils

BlueSkirt

At least Greene scored, thats good to hear, and what makes me more happier is it was a PP goal (most likely a blue-line shot) and he did it on Philly's starting goalie.. Asham got an assist on that too.. all this according to Yahoo, which could be wrong since Zach Parise is apparently playing goalie

edit: okay according to the Dev's official site Greene scored both goals, and Asham got 2 assists on those goals.. sounds good to me, a loss 3-2 but this doesn't matter.. at least Greene proved him self well and even Asham with a pair of assists

Edited by nmigliore

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Zach) Parise and Greene got the goals.

FIRST PERIOD -- Scoring: 1, Philadelphia, Lasse Kukkonen 1 (Nathan

Guenin, R.J. Umberger), 5:27. 2, Philadelphia, Mike Richards 1 (R.J.

Umberger, Scott Hartnell), 19:28. Penalties: C Janssen, Njd (major

fighting), 5:22; J Boulerice, Phi (major fighting), 5:22; B Eager, Phi

(high sticking), 6:11; J Smith, Phi (major fighting), 6:50; D

Clarkson, Njd (major fighting), 6:50; A Asham, Njd (major fighting),

11:20; R Cote, Phi (major fighting), 11:20; B Eager, Phi (major

fighting), 11:21; M Rupp, Njd (major fighting), 11:21; J Boulerice,

Phi (major fighting), 11:22; C Janssen, Njd (major fighting), 11:22; S

Hartnell, Phi (unsportsmanlike cond), 12:03.

SECOND PERIOD -- Scoring: None. Penalties: R Matvichuk, Njd (holding), 2:32; Z Parise,

Njd (delay of game), 3:34; T Zajac, Njd (hooking), 11:31; R Cote, Phi

(instigator served by J Boulerice, major, game misconduct), 14:51.

THIRD PERIOD -- Scoring: 3, New Jersey, Zach Parise 1 (power play)

(Karel Rachunek, Andrew Greene), 1:12. 4, New Jersey, Andrew Greene 1

(power play) (Arron Asham), 6:10. 5, Philadelphia, Scottie Upshall 1

(power play) (Simon Gagne, Daniel Briere), 8:42. Penalties: M

Richards, Phi (hooking), 0:29; B Eager, Phi (roughing), 4:24; M

Richards, Phi (hooking), 4:24; A Asham, Njd (hooking), 7:58; M Rupp,

Njd (tripping), 12:53.

Shots on goal:

---------------------------------------

Philadelphia 7 9 7 --23

New Jersey 10 5 14 --29

---------------------------------------

Power-play Conversions: Philadelphia - 1 of 6, New Jersey - 2 of 7.

Goalies : Philadelphia, Martin Biron (15 shots, 15 saves; record:

1-0-0), Antero Niittymaki (40:00 of 2nd period, 14, 12). New Jersey,

Kevin Weekes (12 shots, 10 saves; record: 0-1-0), Jordan Tarise (11:31

of 2nd period, 11, 10). A: NA. Referees: Ian Walsh, Kerry Fraser.

Linesmen: Anthony Sericolo, Jean Morin.

EDIT: LOL, Jordan Tarise

Edited by gionta182

I agree that a 3-2 loss to the Flyers using their big guns and the Devils basically going with a 50% mix of AHL and NHL players is nothing to get worked up about. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for Greene and the PP.

Wishful thinking, unfortunately Boulerice completely owned Cam both times, pounded the sh!t out of him each time, the first one getting his jersey over his head and then switching hands on and off lighting him up. The second time more of the same with Cam going down on his knees with his head down and Boulerice through a couple more for good luck. Definately looked like some real shoulder issues for Janssen with one being much lower than the other while he dragged himself off to the locker room. Clarkson had more success with Jason Smith. Rupp the better of Eager but a pretty weak fight all the way around. Cote and Asham was pretty even with Asham going down first. Cote was completely out of control and really made a fool out of himself.

There Was 5 Figts in this Game! 5 fights, whens the last time that happened, and when i meen 5 fights i dont meen it was a huge brawl where the players get into little fights like in the ott buff fight, these fights were seperated a lone!

Janssen Twice

Rupp

Clarkson

Asham

Went to the "doubleheader" today. The first game had about 100 people at it. It was a decent game, Lowell started awful, went down 2-0 and a completely different team came out in the 2nd and 3rd. They tied it 2-2 and blew it with 3.9 seconds to go when Philly scored the game winner, 3-2 final. No major standouts for Lowell.

The second game I thought was fairly entertaining for Lowell vs. the Flyers. Things I noticed....I could be wrong, but these new jerseys are not good for fighters. Cam had his pulled over his head with great ease both times. They seem incredibly lightweight and stretchy and the one time he was being pummelled, it was basically stretched over his head. There were maybe 4-5,000 people there, probably about 65-35% Flyer fans, and they made most of the noise tonight. Somehow, my section had no Flyer fans thankfully. It was nice to pick up a Devils pocket schedule, since the next time I could probably get one is October 27th.

3-2 with thoes lines against the lines of the flyers is very encouraging.

Its good to see Greene scoring, i think he is going to be able to step up and score quite a few goals this year. Hopefully the D can produce more in general. 5 fights seems a bit excessive for a preseason game. Also i agree about the jerseys not being great for fighters, i dont think they will be as easy to anchor down as the old jerseys.

The new jerseys really dont look any different with the kit and the shorts, which is one of the best things about the game.