GDT 09/17: Phailures v. Devils

BlueSkirt

3-2 with thoes lines against the lines of the flyers is very encouraging.

Its good to see Greene scoring, i think he is going to be able to step up and score quite a few goals this year. Hopefully the D can produce more in general. 5 fights seems a bit excessive for a preseason game. Also i agree about the jerseys not being great for fighters, i dont think they will be as easy to anchor down as the old jerseys.

The new jerseys really dont look any different with the kit and the shorts, which is one of the best things about the game.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason there were so many fights is that the guys who plan on fighting a lot this year (Cam, Rupp, Asham, Eager, Cote, etc) want to get used to how the new jerseys react in a scrap. I think Cam learned that the 'hold on and duck punches then start fighting back' strategy may not work this year. :P

I bet we'll be seeing a lot of fights this pre-season so fighters can adjust.

Glad to see Reebok and the league really checked out everything during their "two years of development" that led to the new jerseys. :rolleyes:

For those interested (I wasn't sure where to post this), all pre-season games that are televised (any team) are available through the NHL TV portal. It might take a bit to get it going, but it plays OK.

To get there follow this link (only an example, any team works) senators.nhl.tv/team Then click to get the portal.

Once it loads click the Center Ice tab on the right. Put the game you want into one of the 4 boxes, then in that box click on the little square-within-a-square icon it should load then.

Edited by ThreeStars