Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jerrydevil

The Yankees

34 posts in this topic

As a Yankee hater, it disappoints me to say that, most likely, no one is beating this team in the playoffs. They've got that special something now, a mix of youth and veteran players, and they've been on a serious roll for a long time now. They have importantly shored up their bullpen and rotation. Not even the Yankee killers, the Anaheim Angels, will stop this train.

As a Yankee hater, it disappoints me to say that, most likely, no one is beating this team in the playoffs. They've got that special something now, a mix of youth and veteran players, and they've been on a serious roll for a long time now. They have importantly shored up their bullpen and rotation. Not even the Yankee killers, the Anaheim Angels, will stop this train.

I can not imagine what the yankmees would do If someone out there hated them any more than you do Jerry! :P

Thanks for the props about the Yankees Jerry! Although I am still worried. Baseball is definitly one of those sports where the best team doesn't win all the time, you have to get hot at the right time. I am also worried about playing the Angels, I can't stand that team.

Hopefully the Yankees can pull through.

The Angels are the best team in baseball. They only lose when the other team cheats.

Fiesty, the Angels have been the Yankees' nemesis for about five years now, during the playoffs and regular season, but I envision that ending this year, if they play each other. The Angels, as you probably know, have some problems as the playoffs approach. Their bullpen has been faltering and a couple of their key hitters, Gary Matthews and Vlad Guerrero, are dinged up.

Anyway, with the way Cleveland is playing, THEY may very well get the top seed. If that happens, the Yankees will beat the Indians and Cleveland will rue the day they made Joe Borowski their closer.

Edited by Jerrydevil

Sounds like a jinx thread to me. Shhhhhhhhhhhh! LOL

Edited by Derek21

Here's hoping the Yankee's slip up down the stretch here and my Tigers can pass them in the wild card race.

Here's hoping the Yankee's slip up down the stretch here and my Tigers can pass them in the wild card race.

Yeah after last night my TIgers need a miracle to make the playoffs.

And that is good news for the Red Sox, LOL! How can they ever give the ball to Gagne again this season?

The Tigers are done. They have 9 games left. If they win all of them the Yankees would just need to go 6-5 to clinch it.

yankees arent in the playoffs yet... although they will be..... I want the yankees in the playoffs, so when AROD goes back to his october form all of NY will hate him again..... Playoff pressure.

yankees suck.

YANKEES SUCK in april

Like the fine print...hottest team in baseball now..only 1 1/2 back....looking like 10th AL East champs in a row to me. GO YANKS!

Like the fine print...hottest team in baseball now..only 1 1/2 back....looking like 10th AL East champs in a row to me. GO YANKS!

Ugh, it makes me so ill!

But I gotta give them props. They have the air of a champion.

Ugh, it makes me so ill!

But I gotta give them props. They have the air of a champion.

Not to get off-topic since this is the Yankee thread but that ugh sentiment above is exactly how I feel whenever the f-in Patriots win a game--the cheaters

How many games are we out? Like one or something or did the radio lie to me?

How many games are we out? Like one or something or did the radio lie to me?

1.5 games but 1 in the loss column

This is another instance where peripheral statistics were telling a better story than W-L record. The Yankees about halfway through the season had a fantastic run differential and the fact that their record didn't match that strongly suggested they were getting a lot more bad luck than good and now that is evening out so that the record more closely reflects their run differenetial.