ESPN is a joke

emptynet

They have a countdown to the NHL season opener...I find it funny that the Devils have a PRE-SEASON game on Saturday the 29th but according to ESPN some teams will start the 07-08 season that day...

Can they get any worse... :noclue:

Season starts Saturday????

Edited by emptynet

They have a countdown to the NHL season opener...I find it funny that the Devils have a PRE-SEASON game on Saturday the 29th but according to ESPN some teams will start the 07-08 season that day...

That's because it does. The Anaheim-LA 2-game London series starts that day. Those are both regular season games.

The season opener is on Saturday, between Anaheim and the Kings in England. At least according to NHL.com, that's what I read.

edit: beaten

Edited by CADevilsFan

what the F is with all this let's play over seas crap?!?!?!?

I think that is the stupidest thing...it creates a buzz for a couple weeks and then dies out when the next soccer game comes on...

And only the NHL would sent two WEST COAST teams to play in LONDON. 6,000 miles each way to play two regular season games. Brilliant.

Edited by MadDog2020

I think that is the stupidest thing...it creates a buzz for a couple weeks and then dies out when the next soccer game comes on...

Oh so now that you were wrong about the start of the season the whole overseas thing is stupid? :rolleyes::P

Wonder which games will be worse to watch... the 2 NHL games or the potentially PUTRID Giant/Dolphin game??

Dont get me started that.....

I knew about the over seas's cheerie-o london game but I didnt think they would start it before the actual Candian/American start to the season....my following of the NHL has been lax so far....95 hour work weeks will do that to you :(

Edited by emptynet

Yeah the thousands of people that are going to both sold out games dont agree with you so F U.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

OMG, Crash please don't get me started on the Dolphins playing in London and giving up a home game!!!!

Hey why not... you already had given away another home game to COWBOY NATION in Week 2 :evil::koolaid::thumbsup:

The whole thing is a marketing ploy (which seems to have worked out very well, and I humbly eat my comments about it, I was very wrong) by the group that owns the Kings. The own the O2 (millennium dome) too, and this is kinda it's launch. That is the reason it is the kings, and that is the reason it is in London. I'd imagine the reason it is the Ducks playing is probably to do with LA blackmailing the Ducks since they let them have a team on the LA turf.

IT IS ALL JUST MARKETING.

Both games have sold out. Thousands of people from across Europe are going, mainly because the organisers were clever, they sold a hotel package along with the tickets.

Yeah the thousands of people that are going to both sold out games dont agree with you so F U.

You totally missed the point. Does it make more sense to send a couple of EAST COAST teams like the Rangers and Bruins for example, to London or two WEST COAST teams that have to fly across the US AND THEN across the Atlantic? So FU. Read the post next time before getting so defensive.

Hey why not... you already had given away another home game to COWBOY NATION in Week 2 :evil::koolaid::thumbsup:

Sadly, there is nothing I can say to refute this. Although it was great when Jason Taylor ripped that Cowboys banner down and threw it on the ground and then told the mouthy Cowboy fans who hung it to fvck off.

You totally missed the point. Does it make more sense to send a couple of EAST COAST teams like the Rangers and Bruins for example, to London or two WEST COAST teams that have to fly across the US AND THEN across the Atlantic? So FU. Read the post next time before getting so defensive.

Sorry maddog2020 i accidentally quoted you in that and didnt realise.

Hey md2020, you think culpepper is excited to be coming back to miami?

edit: I had to change my avatar just for this post,heheh,It's not often i get a chance to feel good about the raaiidaahs!!

Edited by Guest

Hey md2020, you think culpepper is excited to be coming back to miami?

edit: I had to change my avatar just for this post,heheh,It's not often i get a chance to feel good about the raaiidaahs!!

LOL, Check the NFL Week 4 thread bro- with my luck, Culpepper will torch us this weekend for 300 yards and 4 TD's. I'm actually headed down to Miami for the game with a couple of friends who are big Raider fans. I'm preparing for another week of misery. If we can't win this game, I don't know which game we're winning.

LOL, Check the NFL Week 4 thread bro- with my luck, Culpepper will torch us this weekend for 300 yards and 4 TD's. I'm actually headed down to Miami for the game with a couple of friends who are big Raider fans. I'm preparing for another week of misery. If we can't win this game, I don't know which game we're winning.

yeah my bad ,it's funny cause i was just reading your post over there!

Edited by Guest