Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thefiestygoat

2007 NLCS: Diamondbacks vs. Rockies

23 posts in this topic

I never would have thought that these two teams would be competing for the NL title and a chance at the World Series. My pick is the Diamondbacks to win this. The Rockies have been so hot for so long, they are bound to run out of luck. Baseball is a streaky sport and I just don't see there streak going too much further. Nonetheless it is an interesting matchup and should be fun to watch.

I never would have thought that these two teams would be competing for the NL title and a chance at the World Series. My pick is the Diamondbacks to win this. The Rockies have been so hot for so long, they are bound to run out of luck. Baseball is a streaky sport and I just don't see there streak going too much further. Nonetheless it is an interesting matchup and should be fun to watch.

I have family near Denver so I became a defacto Rockies sympathizer when they came into the league.

I also have family near Phoenix so I also became a defacto Diamondbacks sympathizer when THEY came into the league.

So yeah, I'm cool with this series. I think it'll be a fun one to watch. Everyone seems to be picking D-Backs but I think I'm going to stay with the Rockies. I think they have one more series in them in this streak, before they fall in the World Series.

Rockies will take this series in 6! book it!

Mahatma Gandhi once said, If not for the British, I may have become a Christian

Now, nearly one hundred years later (or since the last time the Chicago Cubs won the World Series :rofl: ) I say, if not for front-running Colorado sports fans, I may have become a Rockies backer (actually, I would never forsake those St Louis Cardinals)!!

What a difference a month makes:

282153991.jpg

... and last night:

282153986.jpg

Edited by littleton_devil

GO ROCKIES!!!

Bye bye Philly. What a waste of time with that team. Mets would have done a better showing that the Phillies. Pathetic.

Mahatma Gandhi once said, If not for the British, I may have become a Christian

Now, nearly one hundred years later (or since the last time the Chicago Cubs won the World Series :rofl: ) I say, if not for front-running Colorado sports fans, I may have become a Rockies backer (actually, I would never forsake those St Louis Cardinals)!!

I hate all things Colorado. I'm rooting for the Indians to win it all mainly cause I don't like Boston or Arizona either.

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to point out here. It is better not to support your local team when they are playing well?

Well, whatever your point may be, I can tell you that everybody here is now crazy for the Rockies. The vast majority may be bandwagoniers but that is fine with me. It's good to see everybody excited about the Rockies! :dance:

Rockies in 6 games. They are the hottest team coming into the playoffs and the way they just shut down Philly they are the team to beat this playoffs in the NL.

Mets would have done a better showing that the Phillies. Pathetic.

Rockies in 6 games. They are the hottest team coming into the playoffs and the way they just shut down Philly they are the team to beat this playoffs in the NL.

Damn it. Now they've got no chance. :argh:

Can I nominate a POD? Coz this one totally is it.

Can I nominate a POD? Coz this one totally is it.

You could if I hadn't beaten the gimmick to death :P

seems you can only be the Dallas Cowboys and survive (and I do mean SURVIVE :P) the SD-Hex-Smackdown!

Well the Rockies are up 2-0 in the series so the SD curse hasn't affected their streak yet either.

Maybe SD will actually be right about something.

Great game last night if anyone stayed up and watched.

Posted some thoughts on Colorado before:

http://www.hittingback.com/?p=586

Great game last night if anyone stayed up and watched.

I'm really glad I was totally wrong about this series. :lol:

Colorado is on an amazing run. I hope they win the whole thing!

I'm really looking forward to the World Series. I don't think that they layoff will affect the Rockies. Frankly, I hope the other series goes 7 games and the remainder of the games are all extra innings. I certainly wouldn't mind a tired out AL team coming here.

As for which AL team, I'm pulling for the Indians. There are just too many Red Sox fans all over the place. I went to the game when they came here a couple of years ago and it was ridiculous! The vast majority were Sox fans. Of course, I hope this would be different in the World Series, but there are still bound to be too many Sox fans there.

Tickets go on sale next Monday. I'll be taking a very early lunch to attempt to get some. :boogie: