Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mhilgaertner

Joe says NO!!

55 posts in this topic

Wow. Of course the beat writers are going to make a big deal out of this, this is giving them plenty of things to write about and thats what they get paid to do. Its not that hard to understand. I love Peter Abraham and his blog, but he has been a whiny little bitch ever since Torre was not brought back. The bottom line is Torre is not a good manager, and has been living off of his four rings for quite some time.

No, my post wasn't confusing. Because you disagree with me you are just trying to attack me. Get over yourself or learn to read and things will be clear for you. I made it clear I wanted Torre gone, I made it clear that I think management handled it well. Everyone who wanted Torre back has to move on. I'm pretty sure he has already had performance based clauses, and besides, he still would have been the highest paid manager. Like Petey said, I would love if someone decided to make me the highest paid at my job, it wouldn't be insulting.

The bottom line to me is the media is saying the Yankees didn't handle this well. I have talked to a lot of fans that I am friends with or see at work (I travel to tons of mechanics shops all over everyday) and I would say the vast majority of them feel they handled fine. This is a business, and this is how it works.

So if Joe Torre said yes to the offer, THEN what would your opinion be of Yankee management?

I'm not attacking you. Just arguing. :)

First off, sorry about my tirade before. I kind of woke up on the wrong side of bed and wasn't looking forward to today since it was a busy day for me. I apologize about that.

If Torre said yes, I would say that they made a fair offer. Of course I would have preferred they would have told him they wanted to go another way, as I didn't want him back from day one of the offseason. So I guess if he had said yes, I would have been upset at the management.

I will say this, I love Cashman, but I don't want anyone to think I like Levine. I can't stand that guy. I am reserving opinions on Hal and Hank until I see them make more decisions.

Levine is slime. And I think you're starting to see what Hank Steinbrenner is like. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3072881

I think it's good that the Yankees are going in a new direction. But I dislike PR games intensely. I like honesty, and the Yankee management does not have the stones to be honest with what they want. They say they wanted Torre to accept the offer, but I just don't believe them, and neither does Joe Torre.

By the way, the next Yankee manager is under a tremendous amount of pressure isn't he? If the Yankees don't make the ALCS, is that a firable offense? It's a tough situation for anyone, never mind a managerial greenhorn like Don Mattingly, if he ends up getting the job.

You know what I find amazing? That one of the Tampa guys helping to make decisions is Felix Lopez, Jessica Steinbrenner's second husband. This guy was the Legends Field groundskeeper and Jessica's former gardener. (Did she leave the window shades up ever so slightly while Felix was trimming the hedges?) The guy goes from grass-cutter to George's son-in-law and Yankee general partner. What a dream come true for him!

Edited by Jerrydevil