NFL Week 8

CRASHER

You're right...it's not pop warner...and it's not Madden 08 either...it's just plain classless to run up the score by going for it on fourth down and using trick plays to end the half when you are up by 4 TD's already...it's just plain classless...like I said, I can't stand the Redskins and laughed, literally, out loud when I saw the score but realistically when you have teams and players and coaches turning against the Pats because they walk around thinking they are the end all then you are going to get people who will be fed up...if they want a "live" practice (which is the most hilarious excuse I've heard yet) then they are going to get it when teams don't let up on Brady and nail him to the ground...sure I don't want to see people get hurt but it's bound to happen when a team goes out there and thinks their sh!t doesn't stink...as Carson Daly said...it's all about Kharma....

tell me someone got that reference :)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having this discussion about the Pats and this absurdity that now Belichicken feels the whole world has done him wrong because they got caught with the videotape stuff... now he feels he needs to go over the line and be a douche to the whole league (and don't tell me about the Cowboys and 49ers in the 90s... NONE of those teams were running 4th and 2 with 8:00 to go in the 4th Quarter up FORTY, or using fake spikes and other bush league garbage like that... and I said it last week and I say it again... if I am the opposing coach... I say I don't care who... I don't care HOW... take that fvcker OUT)

if you want to run the ball (and lord knows they need to work on that some more for when the weather isn't bad and Brady can no look toss blind passes down the field while staring at cheerleader asses) and it goes in that's fine... beating up on a VASTLY inferior NFL "Talent" (and there's about 10 teams now that are purely HIDEOUS and you are impressing NO ONE with fake spikes and QB Dives while up 40)... this isn't a bitter thing... this isn't a this ain't my team thing (I WANT Romo out of the game up 35... save him for the next week when it MATTERS again)

it's a karma thing and I just wanna be there when Brady is carted off the field with a spatula!

Wonder if they ran that passing play on 4th down to help get Brady his 3rd TD pass of the game to keep that streak going. Seems more logical then the small minded thinking of it being quite simply to run up the score. Brady doesn't even play the whole game anymore. This joke of a redskins team couldn't even stop the back up. Maybe the Pats should just start punting on 2nd down to keep the fans of the NFL happy.

Edited by njdevils783

I was having this discussion about the Pats and this absurdity that now Belichicken feels the whole world has done him wrong because they got caught with the videotape stuff... now he feels he needs to go over the line and be a douche to the whole league (and don't tell me about the Cowboys and 49ers in the 90s... NONE of those teams were running 4th and 2 with 8:00 to go in the 4th Quarter up FORTY, or using fake spikes and other bush league garbage like that... and I said it last week and I say it again... if I am the opposing coach... I say I don't care who... I don't care HOW... take that fvcker OUT)

if you want to run the ball (and lord knows they need to work on that some more for when the weather isn't bad and Brady can no look toss blind passes down the field while staring at cheerleader asses) and it goes in that's fine... beating up on a VASTLY inferior NFL "Talent" (and there's about 10 teams now that are purely HIDEOUS and you are impressing NO ONE with fake spikes and QB Dives while up 40)... this isn't a bitter thing... this isn't a this ain't my team thing (I WANT Romo out of the game up 35... save him for the next week when it MATTERS again)

it's a karma thing and I just wanna be there when Brady is carted off the field with a spatula!

Edited by JesterDevil

Lets see, fake spike at 17-0 just before halftime against a team SI's (and Devils season ticket holder) Peter King just ranked as the 6th best team in the NFL. Yeah, real bush league there. :rolleyes: Funny part was the Redskins expected it, weren't faked out, and still couldn't stop it.

90's Dallas never ran up the score with "classy" Emmitt on MNF waving back to the Giants running the score to 35-0? Or the "elegant" 49ers putting 55 on Denver and 52 on San Diego in the Super Bowl? How about Buffalo putting 61 on the Raiders in the 90 AFC Championship? Eh, that's okay its the Raiders. But since its the "model franchise" Patriots and Belicheck isn't chummy with the media its easy to hate on them.

People talk kharma. The NFL doesn't have baseball beanballs or NHL goons to enact frontier justice (I'd argue those leagues have lost those too). Last time somebody intentionally went after to hurt a QB late was Jim MacMahon on the Bears getting slammed 7 seconds after a pass by a no-name Green Bay linebacker in 1986. People talk great smack about avenging their lack of machismo with a dirty hit but it never happens. And if lets say a Dwight Freeney took a liberty with Brady then Rodney Harrison would be more than willing to even that score with Marvin Harrison.

Belicheck wants to burn the rest of the league that he and the Patriots took the hit in "camera gate" while the 31 other teams that do the same thing escaped scott-free.

LOL...No wonder they got killed. I kinda thought they could stay in too. :-\

Man, the Jets playcalling is abysmal. You run the ball well with Jones and then abandon him? Wow. Oh. And not going for 4th down inside the Buf 45 was dumb. Where's the guts? Mangenius to Mangina?

Losman did good for Buffalo. Nice throw to Evans for putaway score.

The run-blocking on the Jets was there enough for Jones to average like 5 yards a carry. They also didn't go to him enough in the Philly game when he was dominant (eschwed Jones on three straight plays with one yard to go for a first down). Eh well at least the fans got what they wanted with Clemens now they won't lynch Mangini on the field this week :P

As far as the Patriots I agree that they're thumbing their noses at the rest of the league. All the Patriot lackeys can come up with all the defenses they want, 'live practices', 'getting role players TD's', let's be real - this is a pattern. The Patriots are intentionally rolling up the score week after week as a giant f u to the NFL. And they may yet pay for their audacity in having their starters play 60 minutes in blowouts especially if they keep pissing teams off.

I will say this though, you couldn't pay me enough to watch the Jet-Patriot game in Foxboro. They're going to try to win the game 70-7 (if the Jets can even manage that).

OH crasher your still upset that your cowgirls got punked on their own turf. Every former professional footbal player that is now an analyst has been talking talking all day about how they dont have a problem with it. It's plain and simple just stop then and they can't run the score up. Miami did a good job of it the week before they actually stood up and moved the ball the entire second half. The redskins just laid there and took there beating.

Edited by njdevils783

OH crasher your still upset that your cowgirls got punked on their own turf. Every former professional footbal player that is now an analyst has been talking talking all day about how they dont have a problem with it. It's plain and simple just stop then and they can't run the score up. Miami did a good job of it the week before they actually stood up and moved the ball the entire second half. The redskins just laid there and took there beating.

Wow, there's the quick and lazy assumption about it... I said it 18 ways till sunday the better team won and whatever... what that has to do with fake spikes against a team that can't beat Rutgers and is up FORTY at the half already is beyond me and then DOING IT AGAIN the next week... yeah... sure... woo hoo... karma's a bitch and I can't wait to see it come back and get them

(and if you remember me saying it before... I said I want my starters OUT OF THE GAME at this point because I don't want to RISK THEM GETTING HURT and I want them saved for the games that MATTER, not some bullsh!t records that no one cares about!!)

try to remember I am an actual FOOTBALL FAN before any team allegiances and loyalties and I love NOTHING more then sitting in the bar all day on Sundays harassing my bartenders and seeing each and EVERY second of every football game on there and when things are right I say they are right and when something is gutless chickensh!t effort and an embarrassment to the league and the game I love... then I'm gonna say it too!!!

Most power rankings had them in the top 10 before that game but yea they couldnt beat rutgers haha. This is professional football yet your looking for them to invoke some kind of mercy rule. Brady didn't even play the entire game. Jesus they couldnt even stop the back up, which Miami had no problem doing. At least go out with some pride. Miami is by far the worst thing going in the NFL and even they fought back against the new evil empire. The Redskins just rolled over and died so Belichek let them lay a nice ass whoopin down on them. This was nothign more then a tune up game for next week and it is clear they wanted to show they could put a complete effort together for the full 60 minutes. Considering how Miami moved the ball on them in the second half with relative ease it's like they felt they had to prove to themselves that they were better then that. If you have a problem with a team playing hard for the full 60 minutes regardless of the score then wow maybe football isnt the game for you.

And like I said I'm not alone on this nearly every former player and coached interviewed today had no problem with what the patriots did. ESPN may have some clips from Mike and mike this morning with Ditka check it out.

Edited by njdevils783

:cryriver:

40 = 6 touchdowns.

If the Devils were up 6-0 on the Rangers, you wouldn't screaming for them to double-shift Asham-Rupp-Brylin.

What I do find humorous is that the exact same people (not here, -or at least not just here-), the people saying that the Patriots are so good that they should play their second string in the second half are the same people that said you have to question how valid the Patriots past Superbowls were given video-gate. It's just Patriots hate. Or in Crasher's case (and Hasan's for that matter) it's Belichick hate.

Up 35-14 on the Titans last year Dallas continued to pour it on.... did they pull Bledsoe? Nope. No way. They kept it comin'..... scoring 10 more points and making it a slaughter. Classless bastards.

All of the analysts had it right.... if you are an NFL team you have one goal. To secure the win. Not to make the nancy's happy worrying about the other teams feelings.

I'm at a team Canada game with Canada up 8-0 and I'm screaming my lungs out for a ninth goal.... no mercy. Classy? Maybe not. But neither is hoping for a league mvp candidate to get injured.

Edited by Don

:cryriver:

40 = 6 touchdowns.

If the Devils were up 6-0 on the Rangers, you wouldn't screaming for them to double-shift Asham-Rupp-Brylin.

What I do find humorous is that the exact same people (not here, -or at least not just here-), the people saying that the Patriots are so good that they should play their second string in the second half are the same people that you have to question how valid the Patriots past Superbowls were given video-gate. It's just Patriots hate. Or in Crasher's case (and Hasan's for that matter) it's Belichick hate.

Up 35-14 on the Titans last year Dallas continued to pour it on.... did they pull Bledsoe? Nope. No way. They kept it comin'..... scoring 10 more points and making it a slaughter. Classless bastards.

All of the analysts had it right.... if you are an NFL team you have one goal. To secure the win. Not to make the nancy's happy worrying about the other teams feelings.

I'm at a team Canada game with Canada up 8-0 and I'm screaming my lungs out for a ninth goal.... no mercy. Classy? Maybe not. But neither is hoping for a league mvp candidate to get injured.

Wow chickensh!t announcers who work for the worst sports network in history kissing up and sniveling for the Patriots... yeah that makes me feel better... ESPN's been an embarrassment and ruining sports singlehandedly since Disney bought them in 2000-ish

then again I don't expect anyone in the media to call it what it IS... if they do they lose their precious post and pre-game interviews, or they're all ex-players who lack the guts to call it out!

and I'd love to see this "power rankings" that had this crap Dolphins in the top 10, lord knows I didn't!

then again the psychic who can predict injuries and all the other mishaps and crazy crap that happens in an NFL Season (Like Vinny the Color Blind starting AGAIN in the NFL)... i'd like to MEET them and swipe some lotto numbers from their brain!!

Wow chickensh!t announcers who work for the worst sports network in history kissing up and sniveling for the Patriots... yeah that makes me feel better... ESPN's been an embarrassment and ruining sports singlehandedly since Disney bought them in 2000-ish

then again I don't expect anyone in the media to call it what it IS... if they do they lose their precious post and pre-game interviews, or they're all ex-players who lack the guts to call it out!

and I'd love to see this "power rankings" that had this crap Dolphins in the top 10, lord knows I didn't!

then again the psychic who can predict injuries and all the other mishaps and crazy crap that happens in an NFL Season (Like Vinny the Color Blind starting AGAIN in the NFL)... i'd like to MEET them and swipe some lotto numbers from their brain!!

I would just want them to play keepaway with the puck and keep punks like Avery away from Marty and Zach :P

The thing I don't get is people who think just because the Patriots go 19-0 this year and outscore opponents by 30 a game that it somehow glosses over the fact that they did cross the line in prior years and it did have an effect on their other championships. How much of an effect is debateable but if it didn't help then why would they even bother to do it?

Hell they were doing it this year too and god knows they haven't exactly needed it this season with the talent they've assembled...although for all we know they could still be doing it only in more subtle ways. Just like a juicer on 'roids, just because he comes up clean doesn't mean he's still not doing stuff that can't be tested for.

But what exactly does throwing the ball with Brady on fourth down when the score is 38-0 accomplish exactly? Or 45-0? It's not even a good barometer for those that want to use the practice excuse, there's no way the Redskins expected them to be throwing the ball in those situations. And they also rolled up the score on the Jets even before Spygate came out in Week 1, but he was just doing that to be a p-ick to one team in particular.

BTW if Peyton Manning was on the field late in a 38-0 game and he got hurt and was out for the season wouldn't Tony Dungy get ripped from here to kingdom com? And rightly so. Why should Belicheat's ego be immune from criticism for putting his first-stringers in unneccesary situations?

Edited by Hasan4978

I love how naive you are. You actually think the Patriots are the only ones who video tape? The patriots are the only ones dumb enough to do it in a way to get caught. lol you really don't think there the only ones who were doing this right? It isn't exactly the most clever idea and it is only a matter of time before another team gets caught.

Edited by njdevils783

you really think the whole running up the score is based on the videotape thing???

not really... did it MOTIVATE the Patriots... sure... but is the dislike based on this??

Not really... it's about a team beating up on a team already beaten when it's time to put the second stringers in and run the ball and chew up some clock...

... meanwhile while all this is going on... there is one HELL of a football game going on NOW!

Yea nice pressure kick by Elam to tie the game with no time left on the clock. Running that last quarterback draw almost backfired but they executed the switch perfectly.

What a pass by Farve to win the game. You just have to love this guy.

Edited by njdevils783