Experience @ the Arena...Opening NIght

oofrostonoo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a few sightings from last night -

Former Governer Christie Todd Whitman walking on the lower concourse before the game

Bruce Driver - hanging out at the back of our section the whole evening

Don LaGrecca - I spent a few moments with before the game him thanking him for being a fantastic hockey personality on the radio and mentioned my admiration for his objectivity on the Ranger broadcasts (he's a HUGE Devils fan)

Any other sightings? (besides those expected, such as Dano, Stevens, VBK, Bettman, et al)

Former Governer Christie Todd Whitman walking on the lower concourse before the game

Don LaGrecca - I spent a few moments with before the game him thanking him for being a fantastic hockey personality on the radio and mentioned my admiration for his objectivity on the Ranger broadcasts (he's a HUGE Devils fan)

Any other sightings? (besides those expected, such as Dano, Stevens, VBK, Bettman, et al)

Edited by devilsfan26

. 3.) My friend wanted to go outside to smoke, so I went with him figuring I'd get a nice walk around of the arena. The battle to the ONLY smoking area was like navigating through CAA once again. You had to go all the way out to one of the cylinders to smoke. Once out there I was talking to one of the workers who said that there are balconies outside, but you are not allowed to use them. This just brings me to the point that it seems like this place needs more space for non-club seat holders to go. With so many food vendors on the concourse area, theres no real good place to socialize or eat outside of your seats...unless of course you've got the premium tickets to enter the lounges, bar, restaurant etc...

some thins to remember before we start making rash judgments about the arena.

1) you along with many other people wanted to be in the arena first, if not very early. This WILL NOT happen every game. Also, they were supposed to open 20 minutes earlier but wanted to make sure everyone was in there proper places (as per an usher).

2) it was the first night the restaurant was busy. they apparently had very few people show up for the bon jovi concerts. It always takes a restaurant 2-3 weeks to iron out kinks with staff and food.

3) LED rings. there not distracting for the players. why? becasue every other rink in North America has them and if the players hated them or found them distracting they would stop installing them.

4) Concessions. how are they supposed to know how much food people are gonna eat or drink (beer). if you bring in too much its a waste, and too little means people have to wait longer. that again will take 2-3 games to get everything figured out.

On another note, its gonna be pretty hard for the crowd to be 11 000 wednesday when that equals the number of season tickets they have (an article a week or so ago from the mouth of vanderbeek). Most people will show up or have there tickets used seeing its costing them $50 per gam per seat. Figure in 3-4000 sold, your looking at 14-15000 for the halloween game. Coudl be more maybe they'll shock us.

I was also under the impression that only 5 or 6 suites were left unsold, but i counted 10-12 that were unoccupied the other night.

We tried one of the balconies but they kicked us off, then they said the ONLY place to go was in front of the cylinder.

Overall, the arena was incredible. There were a few smaller things that could have been better, but I imagine they will fix such things as the season goes on. Just seeing the arena from outside and walking to my seat made me extremely excited. The intro video was great and the first period was excellent...then everything went downhill from there. In the end, the experience was great and I can't wait to go again.