Sign in to follow this  
Devilish34

GDT PEGUINS @ DEVILS 11/5/07 7PM NHL NET/HD FSNY/HD XM 237 660AM

Triumph    641

There's 5 games like this a year.

It's just distressing that two of them have come already. The Devils had absolutely no legs tonight.

HOI I thought Zubrus was the best forward on the ice.

two other notes:

The ice was brutally bad. So much for it being 'the best ice in the league' - should've figured that was a bunch of nonsense.

And my god was Sheldon Brookbank terrible tonight. I never in the world thought I would ever say this - it's hard to believe, but: The Devils need Karel Rachunek back.

Edited by Triumph

Attendance was good tonight, but all the empty seats were all behind the lower nets and the first few rows of the upper nets. No one will ever ever sit there for that much money...can they lower those prices already!

pattyelias    22

That was a painful game to sit through. The only positive was that the pastrami sandwich I got at Tastes of Newark was fantastic. I almost thought it was worth the $12. My dad got it last game and it was tiny. Tonight it was stacked, unlike our lineup.

HellOnICE    59
There's 5 games like this a year.

It's just distressing that two of them have come already. The Devils had absolutely no legs tonight.

HOI I thought Zubrus was the best forward on the ice.

two other notes:

The ice was brutally bad. So much for it being 'the best ice in the league' - should've figured that was a bunch of nonsense.

And my god was Sheldon Brookbank terrible tonight. I never in the world thought I would ever say this - it's hard to believe, but: The Devils need Karel Rachunek back.

HellOnICE    59
That was a painful game to sit through. The only positive was that the pastrami sandwich I got at Tastes of Newark was fantastic. I almost thought it was worth the $12. My dad got it last game and it was tiny. Tonight it was stacked, unlike our lineup.

NJDevs4978    218

I never bought the ice hype anyway, it's impossible to keep the ice great when you have as many events as you do in that building. It'll probably get a little better in the winter, but you still have to worry about Seton Hall basketball and whatever other events they have at the Rock taking away from the ice.

HellOnICE    59
I never bought the ice hype anyway, it's impossible to keep the ice great when you have as many events as you do in that building. It'll probably get a little better in the winter, but you still have to worry about Seton Hall basketball and whatever other events they have at the Rock taking away from the ice.

msweet    114

We are a dreadful hockey team.

Martin was our best player on the ice... Zajac, Parise, and Gionta had good skating and puck movement but no finish and VV is ok by me.. his -4, well you can thank some very bad forward play and Sheldon BBK, who like completely intimidated by SC and EM... the rest were a bunch of barely NHLers going through the motions.

Madden, Pando and DZ played a decent game as checkers.

We have absolutely no point shot and other teams know it. It is killing us particularly on the pp.

HellOnICE    59
We are a dreadful hockey team.

Martin was our best player on the ice... Zajac, Parise, and Gionta had good skating and puck movement but no finish and VV is ok by me.. his -4, well you can thank some very bad forward play and Sheldon BBK, who like completely intimidated by SC and EM... the rest were a bunch of barely NHLers going through the motions.

Madden, Pando and DZ played a decent game as checkers.

We have absolutely no point shot and other teams know it. It is killing us particularly on the pp.

brylin18    0

this team is mentally weak. to come out making those mistakes in the 2nd and 3rd periods just shows a lack of mental toughness.

i was ready to write off the 1st period because i actually thought they played decent. they got scored on by a few unlucky plays, but i expected them to keep the game competetive. to borrow from sutter, i don't expect any devils team to 'lose easily'. i really question the leadership of this team. obviously with white and langenbrunner out, they're gonna hurt in that area, but some players have to step forward.

Triumph    641
this team is mentally weak. to come out making those mistakes in the 2nd and 3rd periods just shows a lack of mental toughness.

i was ready to write off the 1st period because i actually thought they played decent. they got scored on by a few unlucky plays, but i expected them to keep the game competetive. to borrow from sutter, i don't expect any devils team to 'lose easily'. i really question the leadership of this team. obviously with white and langenbrunner out, they're gonna hurt in that area, but some players have to step forward.

sundstrom    256
and can someone please tell me why the nhl refs decided before the season that david clarkson would be targeted? it's unreal what gets called on this guy.

Clarkson was doing nothing and was getting penalties repeativly. It was so frustrating and annoying to watch.

I think Zajac was our best forward tonight, he actually looked like he gave a sh!t. Parise wasnt too bad, his penalty was for pride, he got cheaped twice by that guy.

devils744    5

i have never left a game with 17 minutes to go until tonight. they should give everybody a refund or a free ticket to another game. a total disgrace tonight.

i would like to see sutter bench other players that aren't getting the job done besides elias.

on a side note, we moved down for the discounted tickets to sit in the $100 mezz seats. as nice as they are there is no way those are worth $100. i can see why those are empty most nights. as said before, the rest of the mezz was pretty full as was the upper bowl.

Edited by devils744

Yeah i got the 100 dollar seats, totally not worth it. Thursday is a buy one get one free i heard, that would be worth it.

thefiestygoat    134

I agree with you guys about a refund. I can deal with a loss, but I don't even feel like I saw a hockey game, it felt more like Pittsburgh Penguins practice. It sucks too, sure the crowd wasn't the biggest, but it was loud right before the opening face off and early in the game. I thought that the fans who were there were great, but the Devils took them out of the game time and time again. I even remember a really loud Lets Go Devils chant going and just as it was getting loud again, Pittsburgh got their 5 goal. The Devils couldn't even give us a fight or anything to get excited about.

The team was absolutely horrible tonight, but I am not ready to panic. The defense is horrendous but I think the offense will be fine, especially when Langenbrunner comes back.

The highlight of the night for me was the drunk guy next to me who screamed out when the arena was silent and the game was heading to be a blowout, "This is making the mugging that will happen after the game look interesting!"

In my 15 years of watching this team, this is probably 1 of 5 games where I've walked out early. The game was like a heartless practice, if that.

Cowutopia    0

I've been going to games for about 18 years and this is absolutely the worst one I can remember being at.

devils26    3
Clarkson was doing nothing and was getting penalties repeativly. It was so frustrating and annoying to watch.