Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thefiestygoat

Food at The Rock

193 posts in this topic

The loaded Nachos over at Mucho Nacho are really good. Messy as hell to eat though. I can never eat nachos there without getting some on my jersey. Haha. The Italian hot dogs and pastrami sandwiches are tasty as well. Steep as hell price wise though

I miss the Newark peanut stand that was there a few seasons ago. A giant bag of plain, honey roasted or chocolate covered peanuts for five bucks.

Edited by TheMazz

The loaded Nachos over at Mucho Nacho are really good. Messy as hell to eat though. I can never eat nachos there without getting some on my jersey. Haha. The Italian hot dogs and pastrami sandwiches are tasty as well. Steep as hell price wise though

I miss the Newark peanut stand that was there a few seasons ago. A giant bag of plain, honey roasted or chocolate covered peanuts for five bucks.

That's why I stay away from Nachos at sporting events.  I only eat messy food at places I can have a table.  If I get there early enough, I can eat at the counters upstairs.

That's why I stay away from Nachos at sporting events.  I only eat messy food at places I can have a table.  If I get there early enough, I can eat at the counters upstairs.

The ones with the mini TV screens? You lucky SOB the ushers won't let me do that and I get there at like 5:30

Edited by TheMazz

The ones with the mini TV screens? You lucky SOB the ushers won't let me do that and I get there at like 5:30

Nah.  I'm talking about the counters on the concourse that gives you a good view of Edison Place.

At the game on Friday, I had the Korean hot dog with BBQ beef. Although it was expensive ($7 and change), I gotta say it was delicious. I almost went back to try the Korean hot dog with spicy chicken, but my kid couldn't finish his chicken fingers with fries so I helped him with that instead.

If you take the train, there's usually a cart with various kinds of nuts on the Ironbound side of Penn Station.

At the game on Friday, I had the Korean hot dog with BBQ beef. Although it was expensive ($7 and change), I gotta say it was delicious. I almost went back to try the Korean hot dog with spicy chicken, but my kid couldn't finish his chicken fingers with fries so I helped him with that instead.

Where is that stand at? I saw the picture at the rock and it looked good.

Upper concourse, by section 232 I believe....

The cart I went to is upstairs, I want to say around sec. 132.

Has anyone had -- or know where they sell -- the disco fries? I've had that at diners many a time and figure I'd try it at the Rock.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see that someone just answered Devils731's question.

Edited by 95Crash

Has anyone had -- or know where they sell -- the disco fries? I've had that at diners many a time and figure I'd try it at the Rock.

They sell those fries where the foods of Newark used to be in the upper concourse. By the Diablos section.

Haha well we both said the same location, so it must be there!

1 person likes this

They sell those fries where the foods of Newark used to be in the upper concourse. By the Diablos section.

they also have the carving sections and blt hot dogs there as well..just an fyi if anyome was wondering

I hate food prices in sporting venues. $5 for a bottle of soda is insane.

Personally no matter how good arena food is it still isn't enough to warrant me paying through the nose.

I'll gladly use that extra 20 bucks to get better seats, then cook my own hotdog and bacon at home for less than $3.

I hate food prices in sporting venues. $5 for a bottle of soda is insane.

I paid $10 for a Brooklyn beer at a Red Bulls game and it just tasted like they put something else in the cup. Blah. 

got myself a beer yesterday.. well it was one of many but there was sh!t floating in it.. pretty gross. Anyone ever have this happen with their tap beer at the rock?

got myself a beer yesterday.. well it was one of many but there was sh!t floating in it.. pretty gross. Anyone ever have this happen with their tap beer at the rock?

What kind of beer was it?