Brisebois Rejected Trade To Nj

Silence

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/rumors/rumor.asp?id=853

Brisebois rejected trade to NJ

Friday, March 14, 2003

The Fourth Period - As the 3:00pm ET trade deadline approached on Tuesday, the Montreal Canadiens and New Jersey Devils had reached a trade agreement that would have sent defenseman Patrice Brisebois to the Swamp. All that was needed was the approval of Brisebois himself, who has a no-trade clause in his contract. According to various reports, Brisebois refused to waive his no-trade clause and rejected the deal to New Jersey.

Brisebois signed a four-year contract last year which holds a no-trade clause in the first two years of the deal. It's uncertain what the Devils would have sent Montreal for the veteran defenseman. Brisebois has yet to comment on the ordeal.

If Brisebois rejected a deal, lord knows what the Devils were offering, or why they'd do it. Breeze-by is terrible, and his salary is outrageously high, even higher than Tverdovsky's, who I imagine would've gone straight up for Brisebois.

But, even then, I can't imagine the Devils taking on so much salary for so little performance.

The people in Montreal all like to call him Breeze-By and he is hated there. Here he has a chance to win and he says no. Okay. I doubt this report though.

Maybe he doesn't care about winning. He already has his name on the Cup. He probably just wants to live in Montreal as long as he can.

You know the year he won the Cup with the Habs in 1992-1993 is the only team to win the Cup without a European born player in the past twenty years I think or more.

What about Petrov?

OK OK, He only played one game :P

Still got his name on the Cup, I think.