NFL Week 13

CRASHER

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was ridiculous? Which call? The holding? That wasn't a clear penalty? The review on possession? It looked to me like he had it.

There's more whining and crying around here when the Patriots win than when the Devils lose.

Geez the undefeated Dolphins are an arrogant bunch. I'm sick of hearing about this undefeated thing and I like the Patriots so go figure.

And as for every call going the pats way, the league had no problem in calling them out on the "cheating" thing. They took a first pick away and embarassed the team they "love". I mean come on everyone is just looking for stuff to make this feat look less impressive. There the best team in football right now. Good teams find ways to win regardless of the circumstance.

Edited by njdevils783

Where the hell do I begin?

I think I have seen the Patriots pull off about 20 of these games over the last 7 years where other teams and coaches do the dumbest things to help the Patriots win. Has couldn't have said it better with the 4 leaf clover.

How about we start when it is 24-17 and the Ravens are in the Patriots territory. It is third down and all you need is a few more yards to make sure Stover can kick a reasonable length field goal to get up two scores, so the average person would throw a screen play or a short pass. But no, Boller throws a deep pass trying to get to the endzone into the wind where there are 4 Patriots' players. Are you kidding me? Take the damn field goal and be up 10 points and two scores.

On the 4th and 1, the Ravens sure seemed to have the right defense on it anyway. What bothers me with the call is that you should have trust in your defense, especially these guys. By calling timeout you are also losing a timeout you might need if the Patriots score. With two timeouts, 45 seconds, and good field position, which they could have had if it wasn't for those dumb penalties you have a chance.

One last thing, can someone tell the Ravens how to run a 45 second drill anyway. Firsty, spike the damn ball when you have the chance. Don't let the clock run and additional 15 seconds. I love when teams run up to the line and waste all this time calling a play that the receivers couldn't even understand anyway. Secondly, the Ravens are on their own 45. How about trying to get some yards to get into field goal position. The Patriots' corners were giving them 10-15 yards so fire some passes to the sidelines. Why would Boller throw a pass into the middle of the field with 10 seconds left. Even if the Ravens player caught it, the time would have ran out.

I will say one more thing. The false start at the end should not be counted as a stop it wasn't for the penalty. It was the early movement that allowed the DT run in unblocked and tackle the running back.

Color me NOT surprised that you would make a comment like that :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you cannot realize that since 1998, when the Bills played at New England and the Pats were given a 4th down that they were CLEARLY 1 yard short on and the ref was MIKED up and said "just give it to em" and the Pats won the game (which cost the Bills a 2 seed and an AFC East Title that year), till now in 2007, for the MOST part this franchise is given the calls when they need them most, the tuck rule which was a COMPLETE and utter disgusting call...till now, 13 penalties against a HOME team no less, color me not shocked.

There are penalties all over the place in games, but consistently, when Bill Belicheat NEEDS the call, he WILL get it. Mark it down. It is a lock. Period.

And then when things start to go wrong for Brady, ever notice how much HE bitches???Awwww poor baby, things aren't going smoothly for you ALL the time???

Complete joke. I feel for Manta and the Ravens players, they deserved a better fate.

Edited by Don

Where the hell do I begin?

I think I have seen the Patriots pull off about 20 of these games over the last 7 years where other teams and coaches do the dumbest things to help the Patriots win. Has couldn't have said it better with the 4 leaf clover.

How about we start when it is 24-17 and the Ravens are in the Patriots territory. It is third down and all you need is a few more yards to make sure Stover can kick a reasonable length field goal to get up two scores, so the average person would throw a screen play or a short pass. But no, Boller throws a deep pass trying to get to the endzone into the wind where there are 4 Patriots' players. Are you kidding me? Take the damn field goal and be up 10 points and two scores.

On the 4th and 1, the Ravens sure seemed to have the right defense on it anyway. What bothers me with the call is that you should have trust in your defense, especially these guys. By calling timeout you are also losing a timeout you might need if the Patriots score. With two timeouts, 45 seconds, and good field position, which they could have had if it wasn't for those dumb penalties you have a chance.

One last thing, can someone tell the Ravens how to run a 45 second drill anyway. Firsty, spike the damn ball when you have the chance. Don't let the clock run and additional 15 seconds. I love when teams run up to the line and waste all this time calling a play that the receivers couldn't even understand anyway. Secondly, the Ravens are on their own 45. How about trying to get some yards to get into field goal position. The Patriots' corners were giving them 10-15 yards so fire some passes to the sidelines. Why would Boller throw a pass into the middle of the field with 10 seconds left. Even if the Ravens player caught it, the time would have ran out.

I will say one more thing. The false start at the end should not be counted as a stop it wasn't for the penalty. It was the early movement that allowed the DT run in unblocked and tackle the running back.

Edited by mdsieve

I have to admit last night I expected the PAT's to live up to the 20+ spread, so I wasn't going to watch the game. After listening to the pregame show hearing the Ravens are going to get killed, blah, blah, blah, there was a break and I believe it was Boomer Esiason who said the winds were really bad and this would help Baltimore, so I decided to watch the game.

My boys did me proud, they played with passion and swagger and if Boller doesn't throw that STUPID pass into quadrupple coverage while at the NE 26, we win this game.

Its a game of mistakes and Brady is THE BEST QB in the league, perhaps the best QB ever to play in the NFL. You can't give him any margin for error and he showed it again last night.

Kudos to the PAT, but at the same time Lewis, Reed, Suggs, Ngata, McGhaee et al went down fighting.

Go Ravens~

I have to admit last night I expected the PAT's to live up to the 20+ spread, so I wasn't going to watch the game. After listening to the pregame show hearing the Ravens are going to get killed, blah, blah, blah, there was a break and I believe it was Boomer Esiason who said the winds were really bad and this would help Baltimore, so I decided to watch the game.

My boys did me proud, they played with passion and swagger and if Boller doesn't throw that STUPID pass into quadrupple coverage while at the NE 26, we win this game.

Its a game of mistakes and Brady is THE BEST QB in the league, perhaps the best QB ever to play in the NFL. You can't give him any margin for error and he showed it again last night.

Kudos to the PAT, but at the same time Lewis, Reed, Suggs, Ngata, McGhaee et al went down fighting.

Go Ravens~

While I don't watch a ton of football, last nights game was superb! Highly entertaining! As many people have said, the refs didn't give the game away, the Ravens gave it away with dumb plays. The New England interception when Boller threw a bullet into a group of 4 Patriots was the killer in my mind. When he did that, I said to myself, "Forget getting some Z's...I'm going to watch Baltimore lose this game". Feeling bad for the Ravens but I actually would like to see the Pats go 16-0...not a fan of any particular team but that would be cool to see.

Edit : If the Pats - Raven got a 20+ spread, imagine the spread for Pats - Miami!! Sick...

Edited by Bulletproof

just to toss in my two cents...the Pats did not win this game by any stretch of the imagination. They were completely man handled on the ground and the offense looked pitiful against the Ravens D for most of the night...I won't get into the refs calls...it's a game of bounces and calls which at any moment could go either way...

The bottom line, the Ravens lost this game...the toss into the endzone that was picked, the time out call on 4th and 1, the fumble by Reed after the INT...The one thing that you can say was the Pats fogies for a D line did step up toward the end of the game because there was no room to run when it was time to run down the clock...

My only complaint is the false start on 4th and 1...any call against the opposition that changes the scope of the game should be able to be declined by the team...there is no way the Ravens would've rather had the Pats with a 4th and 6 instead of getting the ball from the spot of the foul...

Edited by UnderDogX

Hummm...

The Steelers will show their Defensive greatness against the Pats...

Atm, they're putting numbers like the 77 Steelers D, 85 Bears D, 2000 Ravens D...

And against the best offence in the league(Some says of All-time... Cough, BULLsh!t, Cough.)they'll show wether or not their DEF is definately the best in the NFl.

Hummm...

The Steelers will show their Defensive greatness against the Pats...

Atm, they're putting numbers like the 77 Steelers D, 85 Bears D, 2000 Ravens D...

And against the best offence in the league(Some says of All-time... Cough, BULLsh!t, Cough.)they'll show wether or not their DEF is definately the best in the NFl.

Don't kid yourself - the Steelers current defense doesn't even touch last years Bears D, let alone the 00' Ravens D, which was IMO the best 11 man squad, offense or defense, to ever take the field.

The Steelers defense is good, yeah. Willie parker is a beast, yeah. This game will be close, ehh... I'm going to go with yeah. If this spread is over 7 I'm taking the Steelers.

Edited by TravisZajac

Why do I get the feeling that after a week of:

"Pittsburgh's too physical."

"Baltimore and Philly have shown the rest of the world the blueprint."

"The Patriots are beat-up."

"The Patriots only won because the refs screwed the Ravens."

that the final score will be something to the tune of 35-10 Patriots?

Hey buddy, just my opinion. But seriously when can you EVER look at just stats? Stats decieve alot more than they help out my friend. I mean come on, i don't think you can find another Steeler fan to agree with you that this defense is better than the '00 Ravens.

IN MY OPINION: The '00 Ravens Defensive 11 players are the best 11 man squad to ever walk on the football field, period. Better than the 72 dolphins, better than today's NE offense, the BEST.

Edited by TravisZajac

Your stats you put up and your bias in them strongly suggest that you think the Steelers 07 D has a right to be spoken in the same breath as the '00 Ravens D.

I guess we're both misunderstanding each other a little? :noclue:

What'd you think of my power rankings? I spent too long on them for them not to be mentioned and picked apart! :P

Edited by njdevils783

Your stats you put up and your bias in them strongly suggest that you think the Steelers 07 D has a right to be spoken in the same breath as the '00 Ravens D.

I guess we're both misunderstanding each other a little? :noclue:

What'd you think of my power rankings? I spent too long on them for them not to be mentioned and picked apart! :P

Unless the Patriots lose 2 weeks in a row, they are number one period. If the Steelers win, I'll probably put them ahead of my 'Boys. And God, isn't it nice to live in the NFC?

Thanka...

I don't think Pitt has really showed me anything other than solid winning over mediocre teams. The next week will make everything work out...

The Browns deserved to win that game, 100%. If you're telling me that wasn't a force out, you're blind or biased.

Thanks ;)

Edited by TravisZajac

Oh God I'm too drunk to comment on this whole thing now :P

but comparing ANY team this year on stats with as PISS POOR as 90% of the league is now is idiocy

... did I spell that right???

And yes I am that fvcked up.. the bartenders drove me home

(I write this to remind me in the morning in case I freak out!!! :blink: )

I'm confused... get some rest Crasher ;)

Oh believe me I was out cold about ten minutes after that post... have I mentioned I love my bartenders?? :wub::cheers::beerbang:

Anyway, what I was TRYING to say... any of the big time offensive and defensive stats you want to use are VERY jaded at best because as a whole the league kinda... SUCKS this year and it's easy to put up eye popping numbers on either side of the ball against such weakened competition

(though I have to say it makes Miami's 0-12 just BAFFLING)