Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CRASHER

NFL Week 13

148 posts in this topic

Hummm...

The Steelers will show their Defensive greatness against the Pats...

Atm, they're putting numbers like the 77 Steelers D, 85 Bears D, 2000 Ravens D...

And against the best offence in the league(Some says of All-time... Cough, BULLsh!t, Cough.)they'll show wether or not their DEF is definately the best in the NFl.

Hummm...

Atm, they're putting numbers like the 77 Steelers D, 85 Bears D, 2000 Ravens D...

And against the best offence in the league(Some says of All-time... Cough, BULLsh!t, Cough.)they'll show wether or not their DEF is definately the best in the NFl.

Edited by Martysb3tt3r

Hummm...

My Top 16 Teams

Just decided to do this, have been wanting to for a while, just to throw a little something new into here.

1. Patriots - Wow, another close one. I wouldn't be to worried if I were a Pats fan. It's not that often that you play in wind like that against a front 7 like the Ravens have. Baltimore said this was their Super Bowl and they played like it, but the Pats know they were lucky to have gotten the win. Teams of Destiny? Yeah, I think so. Next weeks game is huge, but for some reason I can't see this team losing. Unless it's in Pheonix against the Da.... never mind ;)

2. Cowboys - For as close as the game was, for some reason, I never had a doubt in my mind that Tony Romo and the 'Boys would pull this off. The Pax got luckier than anything when Aaron Rogers came in under center, because man, that kid reminds me alot of someone. He is fast, mobile, with great eyes, a nice arm, makes plays out of alot of nothing, and has been benched previously because of an old fart (just kidding ;):P)

3. Colts - That was a good team they played and it looks like they're finally back on track. There's nothing like 10 days of rest to get you back to playing your "A" Game, but I am worried about this team playing outdoors in the playoffs. Can they handle it? Track record for dome teams in the playoffs says no, and they'll likely be headed to New England in Janary.

4. Packers - Green Bay fans have to feel good about they way Aaron Rodgers played on Thursday night. They're future may be more secure than most of us thought it would be. With a young defense like this, they'll be contenders for a while.

5. Jaguars - They gave the Colts everything they could handle. I still think it's impressive that at this point David Garrard has thrown 1 INT and that was due to a tipped pass, not a bad decision. For once I feel like if they can make the post season, I don't believe they'll be 1 and done. They could make a prolonged run in the playoffs and probably match up with the Patriots best because of their defense and commitment to runnung the ball with Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew.

6. Steelers - Before we start talking about the fact that they've won two in a row, look at who those games were against. The winless Dolphins and a severely underachiving Bengals team. If they beat the Patriotts this week, fine, they'll move to the 2 or 3 spot.

7. Buccaneers - They've won 4 in a row against decent opponents. Getting Jeff Garcia back would help but they've opened up a lead in the division and it could be insurmountable at this point in the season. In essence they have a three game lead over the Saints due to beating them twice and a 3 game lead over the Panthers who they have beaten once this year. And man, they are screaming "THANK YOUUU" to Sean Peyton, aren't they? I love ya Sean, but with 3 minutes to go and a slight lead, it isn't time to be trying to trick anyone out. Pound the ball and trust your defense.

8. Giants - This was one they should have lost but Eli Manning came through in the 4th quarter in a big way. The concern now is they are very thin at running back and we've seen what happens to Eli, or any QB for that matter (threw that in there for the couple Giants fans in here, just kidding, kinda ;)), who has no run support. Can Ruben Droughns carry the load? He'd better be able to or this team doesn't stand a chance in the playoffs, let alone the next couple weeks.

9. Browns - That was a force out. Absolutely no question in my mind that was a force out. Had Kellen Winslow not been pushed he would have come straight down in the endzone. Having said that the Browns never should have been in the position to let the refs steal this game form them. You can't lose the turnover battle 4-1 and expect to win.

10. Seahawks - Matt Hasselbeck is playing great football right now. They are getting hot at just the right time to make a sustained push in the NFC Playoffs. How ironic would it be if they ended up playing the Cowboys again?

11. Chargers - Winners of two in a row now. If they beat Tennessee this week, I think they'll push the Steelers for the third spot in the division.

12. Vikings - I believe the term momentum applies to this team than most others. They've got Adrian Peterson back, who's knee looks fine, Chester Taylor is a solid back up, the weakness of the defense which is the secondary has been playing lights out with 5 INTs in the past two weeks, we know the run D is top notch, and Tarvaris Jackson isn't costing them games. The onl problem I see is if they fall behind late in the game, can they come back? Maybe....

13. Titans - Finally Vince Young throws more TDs than INTs in a game, and guess what? They won! Good job Vince, if you string together 3 or 4 games in a row like that the rest of the year you may be considered by some a legitimate QB. Still I feel the need to point out that 7 TDs and 14 INTs is not going to cut it when you play teams like the Colts and the Patriots.

14. Cardinals - Edgerin James has been runnung the ball well as of late. Over the past two games he's averaged 4.68 yards per carry. As of right now, they have the #2 wild card spot, but I just don't think this team is good enough to hold onto that spot.

15. Lions - I really thought this team had changed. I bought into the fact that they were 6-2 and it would be a photo finish with the Packers for who would win the division. They've now lost 4 in a row and are dangerously close to just completely falling apart. This game against the Cowboys will decide they're season and if I were a betting man, I'd bet on the Cowboys.

16. Bears, Eagles, Redskins, Panthers, Saints, Bills, Texans and Broncos - Coudn't figure out which mediorcre team I wanted to put in this spot so I put them all in here. While they're not terrible enough to be considered on the level of teams like the Falcons, Dolphins, and Jets, theese teams certainly aren't good. Meh...

Edited by Martysb3tt3r

Don't kid yourself - the Steelers current defense doesn't even touch last years Bears D, let alone the 00' Ravens D, which was IMO the best 11 man squad, offense or defense, to ever take the field.

The Steelers defense is good, yeah. Willie parker is a beast, yeah. This game will be close, ehh... I'm going to go with yeah. If this spread is over 7 I'm taking the Steelers.

Edited by TravisZajac

Why do I get the feeling that after a week of:

"Pittsburgh's too physical."

"Baltimore and Philly have shown the rest of the world the blueprint."

"The Patriots are beat-up."

"The Patriots only won because the refs screwed the Ravens."

that the final score will be something to the tune of 35-10 Patriots?

Hey buddy, just my opinion. But seriously when can you EVER look at just stats? Stats decieve alot more than they help out my friend. I mean come on, i don't think you can find another Steeler fan to agree with you that this defense is better than the '00 Ravens.

IN MY OPINION: The '00 Ravens Defensive 11 players are the best 11 man squad to ever walk on the football field, period. Better than the 72 dolphins, better than today's NE offense, the BEST.

Edited by TravisZajac

Dude, your really miss-reading?

I've said that the Steelers D IS PUTTING NUMBERS LIKE THE RAVENS 00 D, Bears 85 D...

I've never said they're better than their DEF??

Please, tell me where I've said this.

Your stats you put up and your bias in them strongly suggest that you think the Steelers 07 D has a right to be spoken in the same breath as the '00 Ravens D.

I guess we're both misunderstanding each other a little? :noclue:

What'd you think of my power rankings? I spent too long on them for them not to be mentioned and picked apart! :P

Edited by njdevils783

Your stats you put up and your bias in them strongly suggest that you think the Steelers 07 D has a right to be spoken in the same breath as the '00 Ravens D.

I guess we're both misunderstanding each other a little? :noclue:

What'd you think of my power rankings? I spent too long on them for them not to be mentioned and picked apart! :P

How do things look if the Steelers beat the Pats this week? Does Dallas move into number number 1? How far up do the Steelers move. This is a really big week and is going to have a big effect on where people rank the top 5 for the rest of the season barring some collapse.
Edited by Martysb3tt3r

Unless the Patriots lose 2 weeks in a row, they are number one period. If the Steelers win, I'll probably put them ahead of my 'Boys. And God, isn't it nice to live in the NFC?

Thanka...

I don't think Pitt has really showed me anything other than solid winning over mediocre teams. The next week will make everything work out...

The Browns deserved to win that game, 100%. If you're telling me that wasn't a force out, you're blind or biased.

Thanks ;)

Edited by TravisZajac

Oh God I'm too drunk to comment on this whole thing now :P

but comparing ANY team this year on stats with as PISS POOR as 90% of the league is now is idiocy

... did I spell that right???

And yes I am that fvcked up.. the bartenders drove me home

(I write this to remind me in the morning in case I freak out!!! :blink: )

Oh God I'm too drunk to comment on this whole thing now :P

but comparing ANY team this year on stats with as PISS POOR as 90% of the league is now is idiocy

... did I spell that right???

And yes I am that fvcked up.. the bartenders drove me home

(I write this to remind me in the morning in case I freak out!!! :blink: )

I'm confused... get some rest Crasher ;)

Oh believe me I was out cold about ten minutes after that post... have I mentioned I love my bartenders?? :wub::cheers::beerbang:

Anyway, what I was TRYING to say... any of the big time offensive and defensive stats you want to use are VERY jaded at best because as a whole the league kinda... SUCKS this year and it's easy to put up eye popping numbers on either side of the ball against such weakened competition

(though I have to say it makes Miami's 0-12 just BAFFLING)

Oh believe me I was out cold about ten minutes after that post... have I mentioned I love my bartenders?? :wub::cheers::beerbang:

Anyway, what I was TRYING to say... any of the big time offensive and defensive stats you want to use are VERY jaded at best because as a whole the league kinda... SUCKS this year and it's easy to put up eye popping numbers on either side of the ball against such weakened competition

(though I have to say it makes Miami's 0-12 just BAFFLING)

Did you like my power rankings? ;)

Did you like my power rankings? ;)

I read them last night

damned if I remember them :P

Well... Fed Ex Field is EMPTY tonight. Seriously it looks like a Devils Wednesday night game before 7 o clock! yikes!

damn still no preview for this week and the games have already begun... your slippin crash :rolleyes:

that game earned no preview :P

I'll do it tomorrow as always... I just had other stuff to do today

(and it gets really annoying... you write a review... and bam.. another game... it's like hockey again!)

that game earned no preview :P

I'll do it tomorrow as always... I just had other stuff to do today

(and it gets really annoying... you write a review... and bam.. another game... it's like hockey again!)

haha I know these thursday games are wicked they just pop up on you. I completely forgot there was even a game tonight till I checked this thread. Haha guess that just goes to show what this game means lol

I mean don't get me wrong I watched it and all... I love when these two teams collide cause it's usually a fun as hell clusterfvck of mistakes and tonight was no exception

I swear when Springs ran back the INT I yelled GET IN THE END ZONE IT'S YOUR ONLY CHANCE!!! :lol: