Ranger Coach Rips New Jersey

devilsfanincalgary

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Isn't there another thread where a Rangers fan claims that it's always the Devils and their fans that bring up the Rangers, and that the Rangers and their fans are so high and mighty that they would never ever mention the Devs unless the two teams were playing each other? Well, uh, I wonder if he read this.

2) Good to see that Rangers season ticket holders are more concerned with how the team looks than with how they play.

3) I wonder if Avery has taught Gomer about crushed velvet.

4) Rangers suck.

was there a little lisp in avery's voice?

i luuuv cruthed velvet....

He always wore that baby blue shirt under his equipment. It was torn around the collar. It looked like moths got to it.

Actually FriesenKris, you may not be aware of this, but that blue shirt is in all likelihood his standard issue CCM blue shirt from junior hockey, it's a tradition/superstition to wear it into the bigs. You see them all around the NHL, and they're almost always looking ratty. Although it may sound unbelievable, some guys can stretch wearing that shirt they had from junior for years. When it wears out, they get another one and wear that until it disintegrates. Hockey players are like that.

Maybe "Rips" was a bit of a stretch, but still comical that the Rags would take (non-hockey related) cheap shots at us. God I hate that team.

I agree...that was weak...when I read rips NJ I was expecting far worse.

crushed velvets not cool? * runs to the bathroom and changes out of her crushed velvet body suit and blossom hat..*

This one may be even worse, pairs Figure skating anyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpVLEFrgM3s...feature=related

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

I hope those players were well-paid...

I would have loved to have been on the set for those commercials...I could just imagine the director saying, "OK, everyone find the gay zone...a little gayer...a little gayer...feel the gayness...gaaaaaaayyy...aaaaaaaaaand ACTION!"

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

I hope those players were well-paid...

I would have loved to have been on the set for those commercials...I could just imagine the director saying, "OK, everyone find the gay zone...a little gayer...a little gayer...feel the gayness...gaaaaaaayyy...aaaaaaaaaand ACTION!"

:lol:

Hockey players' skill and abilities and performance are directly corrolated to how well they dress???

That's a new one for me. sh!t, I'd be a superstar hockey player if that were true.. haha :lol:

No, hockey players' skills and abilities and performance aren't directly corrolated to how well they dress. If you understood the statement by Pelino all he said was that Gomez now dresses better than he used to. Nowhere did he imply that fashion = talent. That seemed to be what every other person on this post turned it into. That's the problem with talking to Devils fans, none of you know how to make coherent arguments. You love to create a straw man and then tear it apart.

And btw, forgive a guy for trying not to look like a slob. NYC has a much higher standard for its players than Newark, NJ. And before any of you jump on me for that comment keep in mind that I was raised in Jersey and worked at Gateway Center for 2 years. I watched them build The Rock right outside my office and I can attest to the fact that the neighborhood is not a classy one.

That's the problem with talking to Devils fans, none of you know how to make coherent arguments. You love to create a straw man and then tear it apart.

I apologize if Devils fans can not put together coherent arguments....must be too much champagne being guzzled out of the Stanley Cup screwing with our speech.

No, hockey players' skills and abilities and performance aren't directly corrolated to how well they dress. If you understood the statement by Pelino all he said was that Gomez now dresses better than he used to. Nowhere did he imply that fashion = talent. That seemed to be what every other person on this post turned it into. That's the problem with talking to Devils fans, none of you know how to make coherent arguments. You love to create a straw man and then tear it apart.

And btw, forgive a guy for trying not to look like a slob. NYC has a much higher standard for its players than Newark, NJ. And before any of you jump on me for that comment keep in mind that I was raised in Jersey and worked at Gateway Center for 2 years. I watched them build The Rock right outside my office and I can attest to the fact that the neighborhood is not a classy one.

Nice glasses, nerdlinger.

See that would've made sense if you said that in 2003. I don't know if you know this but there have been a few teams between then and now that have won the Stanley Cup. They don't just let previous winners continue to drink out of The Cup whenever they feel like it.

And to DaneykoIsGod, I fail to see how the glasses in the picture have anything to do with what I actually said. But if we want to get into looks, notice how Avery bangs hot Hollywood actresses while Daneyko looks like a hobo.

http://www.nj.com/devils/175_pic/0714cf_daneykoceleb.jpg

Edited by AveryIsGod

I find it really funny, I mean I get mad when people who don't know better make comments like that, but come on, In the 5 years Ive lived out of New Jersey, the only creative insult I've heard was that my friend went to Jersey once, he had to drive in traffic circles and deal with people driving with their feet, I love hearing the Jersey bashes, I hate how there is no diversity in them though. I kind of expected better from the Rangers though a team committed to winning so much, they go out and spend top dollar to bring that winning tradition to the city, if only the Devils were like them. (please note the extreme sarcasm, before I get flamed)

how did those well dressed rags do tonight??? oh thats right they got raped by the leafs

you can keep your over payed washed up line up with its I want to be like Brodeur goaltender

and this guy over hear is talking about that bitch Avery getting all the celebs... um hes got money... enough said... no self respecting woman is going to sleep with this metrosexual twerp... money creates amazing beer goggle vision

and please Ill take a real human being like Dano any day. The guy has been through a ton, has some real life problems, and yet he is still great with the fans and hey hes a 3 time stanley cup champion. Again enough said.

Edited by njdevils783

And to DaneykoIsGod, I fail to see how the glasses in the picture have anything to do with what I actually said. But if we want to get into looks, notice how Avery bangs hot Hollywood actresses while Daneyko looks like a hobo.

http://www.nj.com/devils/175_pic/0714cf_daneykoceleb.jpg

It's better to look like a hobo than talk like a h0m0. And even George Michael used to get with sexy Hollywood actresses .......

See that would've made sense if you said that in 2003. I don't know if you know this but there have been a few teams between then and now that have won the Stanley Cup. They don't just let previous winners continue to drink out of The Cup whenever they feel like it.

I guess the exception is when Mark Messier has his number retired 14 or so years after winning the Cup?

Wow so many idiot comment to take on all at one, but I like a "challenge"

JPntsca: Once again, I worked for Prudential on the 10th floor of Gateway Center for 2 yearsl so don't tell me I don't know anything about the area. I wasn't attempting to stereotype, I was speaking from experience.

njdevils783: Yes he does have money, but less than the actresses he dates. Who gets beer goggles over people who don't make as much as them?

DaneykoIsG@y: Enough said.

devilsfan26: The number was retired 2006, 2 years after he retired from the league. Why would they retire the number while he was still playing for the team.

Anymore brainbusters?