Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NJD Jester

If I Were To Protest Barry Melrose ...

21 posts in this topic

I was inspired by In Lou We Trust's suggestions on welcoming Barry Melrose to Newark tonight, so I posted something over at FanHouse this morning:

The Mullet Comes To Newark

STEP 1: Buy yourself a cheap black wallet.

STEP 2: Buy yourself a pen with white ink.

STEP 3: Draw the biggest, clearest "B M" or "ESPN" you can on the front of it. Big enough so a television camera can see it.

STEP 4: When the Devils score their first goal, toss that bad boy on the ice like it was a rubber rat or an octopus. A few thousand of them in the neutral zone, and Barry will get the point. (And if you don't think the Devils will score -- I like a team on an eight-game winning streak against an opponent with a 2.87 GAA.)

Again, this is just something I *might* do. I could *never* condone delaying a game with such an immature group protest. :whistling:

<JESTER>

A few thousand wallets is a lot for 3 fans to throw :tomato:

I still like the idea of where's your wallet being chanted at the greasy kid toucher :P

you KNOW 209 will have something nice planned out for him B )

If I were there, I'd definitely be sporting my green mullet!

But, I won't be, so I digress. :evilcry:

I still like the idea of where's your wallet being chanted at the greasy kid toucher :P

you KNOW 209 will have something nice planned out for him B )

Of all the ideas, I think Where's Your Wallet? is probably the best one by far.

I was inspired by In Lou We Trust's suggestions on welcoming Barry Melrose to Newark tonight, so I posted something over at FanHouse this morning:

Again, this is just something I *might* do. I could *never* condone delaying a game with such an immature group protest. :whistling:

<JESTER>

:rofl:

Great article! Really enjoying your FanHouse articles and your writing, by the way. Kudos! :evil:

he apologized, he's fine by me. let's move on .org

Don't any of you Melrose haters have any compassion for the guy? :lol:

I mean, he's stuck with the mullet until he retires. He's damned if he do and damned if he don't. Ya know? :noclue:

Ohhhhhhhhh Barrrrrrry. Guess who's going to be at the Rock for ESPN for the Cup this week, that's right, Barry Melrose. He got a twitter just this week.

https://twitter.com/#!/NHLBarryMelrose

Trying to see if his perception of the Rock has changed just yet.

I hope he has protection going into the building, wouldn't want him getting jumped by all those families going to restaurants in the surrounding area.

Scary how old this thread is lol

I was thinking the exact same thing!!!!

He's already stirring the junk up; tweet from 7h ago:

Great night had cigars with a bunch of navy officers. Fleet week in NYC.On way over to Newark hope I see my buddy C Booker. Kings in 6

Melrose was somewhat relevant in 2007.

Now he's doing a video blog on NHL.com, and ESPN dusts him off about 1 month of the year.

Pass.

Scary how old this thread is lol

I saw the thread and the thread starter and thought 'Jester's posting again'?! At least this is a better random bump than the Tampa series thread during the first round :lol:

Fans at Championship Plaza just had a "Baaaaaaarrrry" chant, taunting him as he was talking on NHL Network. Perfect!

He got booed to the high heavens every time they had that insta-analysis on the jumbotron, that was probably the funniest thing of the night.