If I Were To Protest Barry Melrose ...

NJD Jester

I was inspired by In Lou We Trust's suggestions on welcoming Barry Melrose to Newark tonight, so I posted something over at FanHouse this morning:

The Mullet Comes To Newark

STEP 1: Buy yourself a cheap black wallet.

STEP 2: Buy yourself a pen with white ink.

STEP 3: Draw the biggest, clearest "B M" or "ESPN" you can on the front of it. Big enough so a television camera can see it.

STEP 4: When the Devils score their first goal, toss that bad boy on the ice like it was a rubber rat or an octopus. A few thousand of them in the neutral zone, and Barry will get the point. (And if you don't think the Devils will score -- I like a team on an eight-game winning streak against an opponent with a 2.87 GAA.)

Again, this is just something I *might* do. I could *never* condone delaying a game with such an immature group protest. :whistling:

<JESTER>

I was inspired by In Lou We Trust's suggestions on welcoming Barry Melrose to Newark tonight, so I posted something over at FanHouse this morning:

Again, this is just something I *might* do. I could *never* condone delaying a game with such an immature group protest. :whistling:

<JESTER>

:rofl:

Great article! Really enjoying your FanHouse articles and your writing, by the way. Kudos! :evil:

Don't any of you Melrose haters have any compassion for the guy? :lol:

I mean, he's stuck with the mullet until he retires. He's damned if he do and damned if he don't. Ya know? :noclue:

• 4 years later...

Ohhhhhhhhh Barrrrrrry. Guess who's going to be at the Rock for ESPN for the Cup this week, that's right, Barry Melrose. He got a twitter just this week.

https://twitter.com/#!/NHLBarryMelrose

Trying to see if his perception of the Rock has changed just yet.

I hope he has protection going into the building, wouldn't want him getting jumped by all those families going to restaurants in the surrounding area.