Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Triumph

Ribiero signs 5 years/25 million in Dallas

27 posts in this topic

Of course Ribs is overachieving because he is looking at a new deal. Looks like the Stars haven't learned anything from those big signings.

Dallas's desperate ploys to throw money at the few players who won't require walkers and prune juice in the next 2 years!!!! :evil:

HAHAHAHA, just shows that Hull was a great player who doesn't understand how to judge other players talent.

Of course Roloson is overachieving because he is looking at a new deal. Looks like the Oilers haven't learned anything from those big signings.

Not a great deal but at least he is only just coming up to 28.

If he can maintain his performance at around the same level for 2 and half years of that contract he might be worth it.

His numbers are steadily getting better, so who knows.

I expect the Stars GM tandem will be getting a lot of phone calls around Febuary from other GM's hoping to cash in on some inexperience.

big Ribiero fan will put up gomez type numbers for 2 million less. great singing for dallas.

Edited by Beetlebum

big Ribiero fan will put up gomez type numbers for 2 million less. great singing for dallas.

The problem is not the signing - he's been a good player for us. The problem is that he *is* our best scorer. My, how the mighty have fallen.

i would absolutely love to put money on this. you do notice that gomez is leading the punchless rangers in points right now, correct?

Ugly, ugly deal.

I'll admit I dont know much about Ribiero, but maybe they are hoping that 3-5 years from now with the cap increases' each year(most likey) it would be a good deal for them.

Signing players when theyre hot is just a moment of passion and worthless money. They cant seriously expect him to play he did this year, and when this guy is 33-34, 5 mil isnt worth it.

I wouldn't say it's a "sign while he's hot" deal. He's been consistently good since he was traded here at the beginning of last season. He was happy to get out of Montreal, happy to be in Dallas, and he's played well. Only time will tell whether it's $25mil good.

I wouldn't say it's a "sign while he's hot" deal. He's been consistently good since he was traded here at the beginning of last season. He was happy to get out of Montreal, happy to be in Dallas, and he's played well. Only time will tell whether it's $25mil good.

bumped this to point out he's a UFA this summer?

Our issue will be he wants 5 years. That is if he even wants to come here or is even on Lou's radar.

From my understanding, before coming to Washington, he had some off the ice issues, especially with his love of the nightlife.

bumped this to point out he's a UFA this summer?

Our issue will be he wants 5 years. That is if he even wants to come here or is even on Lou's radar.

From my understanding, before coming to Washington, he had some off the ice issues, especially with his love of the nightlife.

Yeah this guy is kind of out there to put it lightly.