Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

I've read a bunch. From World War Z to the collections which are fun. Zombies are cool. Nice to seem them get their due as the anti-twilight creature. No emo issues with a zombie.

Lots of good films out there too.

Yeah I have been reading David Moody's books. So far I have read Hater and Dog Blood (the two fist books from the Hater trilogy) really good books if your into that sort of thing. I have WWZ on my shelf and I read the first two accounts but havent been abel to really get into it yet. I have to read it before the movie comes out.

Anybody ski? I went for the first time yesterday. Had a good time, and I intend to go again in a few weeks. Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions as to how to get better, or be better prepared? I'm very sore today (as I expected), but I had major issues with one of the ski boots digging into my shin - it zapped all strength from that leg before the day was out, to the point where I could no longer stand. I feel like that's certainly not normal.

get your own boots that fit right :uni:

How were they digging in? if the top of the boot was digging into it -- then your weight was probably too much on your heels. Shift the the balls of your foot a little more. Feels like you'll have less control but OMG you get SOOOO much more control leaning forward and getting a little speed going. You actually can't dig in with your weight on your heels -- you massively dig in with weight more on the balls of your feet. Take a lesson - as small a class as you can get into if you can't do a private. It's just helps you feel what's right not what you feel SHOULD be right.

I love skiing I hate to say.

Anybody ski? I went for the first time yesterday. Had a good time, and I intend to go again in a few weeks. Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions as to how to get better, or be better prepared? I'm very sore today (as I expected), but I had major issues with one of the ski boots digging into my shin - it zapped all strength from that leg before the day was out, to the point where I could no longer stand. I feel like that's certainly not normal.

Yeah I love skiing, although the past few years I have only managed to go about once or twice a year because I've been too busy. This is the first winter since I graduated college that I have only had one job to worry about so I'm hopeful that I will get to ski more often this year. I get the triple play card for Mountain Creek every year, it's about $10 more than the price of one lift ticket and you get to go three times. I would like to go to skiing in Utah or Colorado or something one day when I can afford it and can take the time off from work to do it. I'm not an expert or anything, but it sounds like you might have had the top of the boot too tight.

"Is that a sub in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

... huh.gif

Yeah, that or buy an external hard drive. That's where I keep all of my music - as such, my music's survived about four hard drive crashes so far by not being stored on the computer itself.

I put all my files on an external hard drive. I just reset my puter to factory, when I go to install iTunes again, I may call you for tech support to get the music back off the external and into the iTunes again! horse.gif I tried a trial run before I wiped the thing, but it didn't work.

Only into classic dystopia novels :evil:

I enjoy a well organized read on entropy. But I'd rather watch the movie. e-drama.gif

My husband needs to thank you -- he HATES the video and keeps asking why I'm watching it... "Do you think that's a good song or something?"

Actually I love the girl -- she looks like she'd have been one of my best friends during my dilettante days. We didn't drink or any of that but we hung out just being ridiculous all hours. It's cute and stuff!

I dont get the Jenna Rose thing -- but she does look like Screech

aaand...

ah yes -- I keep on thinking the back up song as "I'm jackin' off jackin' off jackin' off jackin' off..." in my head today.

and I want to mock Holik's twitter photo... but I can't do it in his thread. No one reads down here... :giggle: I don't have a twitter account so I can't read it but I clicked on it only to see that crazy monster pointing an over/under at me! :o

He seems like the dude who has monumental war with varmints on the homestead. Like Ahab and the whale...

or dare I say...

...Elmer Fudd...

for real...

I hope someone can help me out with this. So I need a picture about the size of 14cm x 11cm for school tomorrow and I don't have photoshop or any other programs that can do that, and I can't use them anyway. So if someone could get me a picture of Devils' logo of that size I'd be really really grateful.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I got it. Haha.

Edited by Joonas #6

• 2 weeks later...

The New York one is definitely way too busy, but I suppose they didn't have much choice in that. Though they might have had better luck in doing two sets, one for the "senior" teams (Knicks, Rangers, Yankees, Giants) and another for the "junior" teams (Mets, Jets, Isles).

I can't quite tell how the Jets are supposed to be represented. Are those wings on the Knicks logo? Maybe that's where the Jets come in.