sammyk

Random Thoughts & Stuff

8,765 posts in this topic

Man -- patience sammy! Brenda Strong -- that's right -- I DID know her name, I just forgot it. She's BEYOND popular! She's that face you just see everywhere and it never registers. She must have made a FORTUNE!

Isn't it wrong for a used cars lot to describe a car as "pre-owned"?

"Pre-" means... *looking up in dictionary* ...here it is...it means "before."

So how can they take a car, which has already been owned and driven by someone else, and label it as "before-owned"?

Doesn't that imply that it's new?

Here's another one...why do people CONSTANTLY say they "could care less" about something? That means they DO care, even if just a little. I believe the correct saying is: "COULDN'T care less."

Lastly, why do I have to wear pants?

Isn't it wrong for a used cars lot to describe a car as "pre-owned"?

"Pre-" means... *looking up in dictionary* ...here it is...it means "before."

So how can they take a car, which has already been owned and driven by someone else, and label it as "before-owned"?

Doesn't that imply that it's new?

Here's another one...why do people CONSTANTLY say they "could care less" about something? That means they DO care, even if just a little. I believe the correct saying is: "COULDN'T care less."

Edited by Pepperkorn

lastly, no one wants to see your wang doodle...nor the implied size and/or shape of your wang doodle due to your tighty whiteys :D

Great just another kick in NLDs crotch

Yep Rowdy -- the old man has the utilikilt --

the brother-in-law has the real thing in his family tartan... like Stewart is THAT tough to come by :rolleyes: My husband wants to get a real one made one day in my family's tartan - how cute is that?

Man -- patience sammy! Brenda Strong -- that's right -- I DID know her name, I just forgot it. She's BEYOND popular! She's that face you just see everywhere and it never registers. She must have made a FORTUNE!

more like exile :P

they took the fun away from it hiding it in the adult room.... which in essence killed the point of it!

Did you guys see the naked hockey players ad? I think it's an AIDS campaign I never saw. Ugly dudes but the whoel idea gets me thinking how great it would be to see Scott Stevens n... :unsure: had I best go find NLD?

sorry :evil:

When did Wendy's phase out the Big Bacon Classic!? :rant:

I don't know but you used to be able to get the particle chicken patty as a value meal and you can't do that now. That's been since last fall I think :noclue: Maybe last spring? I wouldn't know -- i don't really eat fast food :giggle:

I don't know but you used to be able to get the particle chicken patty as a value meal and you can't do that now. That's been since last fall I think :noclue: Maybe last spring? I wouldn't know -- i don't really eat fast food :giggle:

Alright, here I go. This "what else is new" phrase pisses me off. Ok, example time--

Say, for instance, Patty misses the net on a slap shot during the power play. I mean, well, it happens all the time, doesn't it? Well, if Patty misses another shot on the powerplay, someone delightfully adds "What else is new?". Why is that acceptable? I mean, it isn't 'new' if it happens all the time, right? So shouldn't it be, more or less, "What else is old?". Y'know what I'm saying? Help?

Jeeebus! - Im bored ... :urg:

and what happened to getting sammied ? :rant:

Edited by El Diablo

Alright, here I go. This "what else is new" phrase pisses me off. Ok, example time--

Say, for instance, Patty misses the net on a slap shot during the power play. I mean, well, it happens all the time, doesn't it? Well, if Patty misses another shot on the powerplay, someone delightfully adds "What else is new?". Why is that acceptable? I mean, it isn't 'new' if it happens all the time, right? So shouldn't it be, more or less, "What else is old?". Y'know what I'm saying? Help?

It's acceptable because "What else is new?" is, for the reason you mention, meant to be a sarcastic utterance.

My dad can't stand "Do you see what I'm saying?"

NO... do you think you talk in comic strip bubbles? I can hear what you're saying, I understand what you're saying - but i can't SEE what you're saying <_<

Start saying "Ya hear me?" around him, see if that starts to bug him. :giggle:

When did Wendy's phase out the Big Bacon Classic!? :rant:

Hmm I'm gonna have to try that...now I'm in the mood for a midnight Wendy's run.

A Whopper sounds better...but I have to go out of my way to find a Burger King down here...bah, it'll be worth it!