Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

His name is Robert Paulson.

PDVD_099.jpg

I just see a platinum blonde Jared Leto saying "HIS NAME IS ROBERT PAULSON" over and over in my head. lol

Greatest part of a great movie, watching Jared Leto getting his face pounded in by Edward Norton. So what if it's not "real", I can enjoy it anyway. Stupid Jared Leto, abandoning a perfectly good sound for his band to sound more like My Chemical Romance and be more popular. :puke:

I'm playing hockey tommorow motherfvckas

On a boat?

Greatest part of a great movie, watching Jared Leto getting his face pounded in by Edward Norton. So what if it's not "real", I can enjoy it anyway. Stupid Jared Leto, abandoning a perfectly good sound for his band to sound more like My Chemical Romance and be more popular. :puke:

On a boat?

yes with flippie floppies attached to my skates

PDVD_085.jpg

:thumbsup:

Hey hey... watch those MCR digs. They're my boys Wednesday thru Friday every other month depending on my mood. :P

I got nothing against MCR (well, okay, that's not true, but they do what they do, so whatever), but I hate it when a band so obviously changes their sound to appeal to the current musical trend. MCR was always how they were - maybe a little poppier once Three Cheers became successful, but the same essential type of music. 30 Seconds To Mars put out a stellar first album that was almost prog-rock in nature, but it didn't sell well and I guess they thought they could do MCR-lite better. Shame, really. :(

I got nothing against MCR (well, okay, that's not true, but they do what they do, so whatever), but I hate it when a band so obviously changes their sound to appeal to the current musical trend. MCR was always how they were - maybe a little poppier once Three Cheers became successful, but the same essential type of music. 30 Seconds To Mars put out a stellar first album that was almost prog-rock in nature, but it didn't sell well and I guess they thought they could do MCR-lite better. Shame, really. :(

Well, I can't ever say anything that bad about MCR. I was pissed when they got a tad generic with sh!t. I mean, I had to pay $50 to see them at Madison Square Garden for christ sake. I used to see them back in 2001 in sh!tholes in Newark. They've always been extremely nice and I have a lot of fond memories with them. God only knows what mess they're recording for when ever the next album comes out now that Gerard has a kid and they're all pretty much married.

Anybody know of any good music with a piano in it? i've been listening to a little joel and meatloaf lately. I looked up that song 'daylight' form the bacardi commericial, its pretty cool.

Photograph by Jamie Cullum... great piano solo and great piano throughout.

Make sure to give the whole thing a listen

I know it's not popular around here. But I can't get this song out of my head... its an absolute lyrical and musical masterpiece. Anyone that plays an instrument or appreciates music should enjoy this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxgju4UWS9M&feature=related

and the acoustic live version

UGH why did I click the link? I should have known. :doh1:

Oh and this is one of my all time favorite piano versions of a song.

Saosin's You're Not Alone. Edited by cupcake23

Meatloaf is the boss

Turn into a jet! (Like a boss)

Bomb the Russians! (Like a boss)

Crash into the sun! (Like a boss)

Now I'm dead! (Like a boss)

Anybody know of any good music with a piano in it? i've been listening to a little joel and meatloaf lately. I looked up that song 'daylight' form the bacardi commericial, its pretty cool.

Ben Folds.

Ben Folds.

In order to honor the way the thread has turned, I'm dedicating the rest of my work day to Ben Folds, starting with his excellent version of "In Between Days"

Oh, and to dp26, if you want Ben Folds funny, my first thought would be the lovely "Bitch Went Nutz"...make sure it's the one with the "Z" in the title.

If you want just great Ben Folds, I recommend anything off of Songs For Silverman, my favs being Landed, Time and Jesusland. Great piano work on that album.

Edit : Oh, and Still Fighting It is a personal classic for me. To be honest, you can't go wrong with any of his stuff. I'm convinced the man is not capable of writing a bad song.

Edited by Bulletproof

I feel like playing hockey today. Where is everybody?

I was about to take my walk, it's a pain in the ass to get people for this time of year

not feeling a trip to Mo-Plains tomorrow morning?