sammyk

Random Thoughts & Stuff

8,765 posts in this topic

I'm strongly thinking about taking the civil service test in November.

I skipped this last one and I am also thinking about taking it. Its not a bad idea to have in your pocket. I just dont plan on being in NJ any longer then I have to be.

I skipped this last one and I am also thinking about taking it. Its not a bad idea to have in your pocket. I just dont plan on being in NJ any longer then I have to be.

I skipped it back in 2008 because I thought that my new job was going to start on the day of the test. The factor of the matter is that I've been working in retail since I was 17 and I'm going to be 29 in a couple weeks and I'm tired of the inconsistent hours, people talking crap behind the back, angry customer....its stuff that I dont need in my life or anyone who does retail.

I skipped it back in 2008 because I thought that my new job was going to start on the day of the test. The factor of the matter is that I've been working in retail since I was 17 and I'm going to be 29 in a couple weeks and I'm tired of the inconsistent hours, people talking crap behind the back, angry customer....its stuff that I dont need in my life or anyone who does retail.

YEAH! Because you won't find that in any other profession. Certainly not as a state employee :whistling:

and benefits have been cut to shreds so there really isn't a great incentive

YEAH! Because you won't find that in any other profession. Certainly not as a state employee :whistling:

and benefits have been cut to shreds so there really isn't a great incentive

I know I know, it has not been the best time for the police with all the law offs and stuff but I'm currently going to study communications. I want to have two goals in case one of them doesnt work out.

I know I know, it has not been the best time for the police with all the law offs and stuff but I'm currently going to study communications. I want to have two goals in case one of them doesnt work out.

NJ is one of the toughest most competitive problem filled states when it comes to LE. South and West love us Northerners when it comes to LE because we think, react, and handle problems faster then them...(stereotype the south) but its true.

What is your ideal goal or job? LEO?

Last weekend i completed my Traithlon (which i made a thread about a year ago) i came 78th out of 162 people in my field.

I did it in 1 hour 24 minutes and 47 second, very happy, i am looking to go back into it next year as well.

I think i am hooked.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

NJ is one of the toughest most competitive problem filled states when it comes to LE. South and West love us Northerners when it comes to LE because we think, react, and handle problems faster then them...(stereotype the south) but its true.

What is your ideal goal or job? LEO?

Either city police or transit police.

Oh hey guys....

Oh hey guys....

She lives! cool. How are you cupcake?

I just realized that when someone mentions this: "The last decade/past decade" I instantly think about the 90's unstead of the 00's

Does this happen to anyone else??

I just realized that when someone mentions this: "The last decade/past decade" I instantly think about the 90's unstead of the 00's

Does this happen to anyone else??

I'd only just got used to it referring to the 90s.

I think 95-05 ish. I'm lagging a few years behind.

I've never been in one, so I can't be sure, but...I think we just had a small earthquake in central Jersey just now. Anyone else feel that? My whole house shook for a few seconds, and rumbled for like a minute...

Holy crap... this storm is freaking me out... lightening just struck, like, HERE... so much for sleeping.... lights are still on and stuff but yee gads.... hope we don't have fried chicken in the coop. (sidebar -- we've gotten 6 little eggs so far! The girls are at work!)

Man I feel sick... the rain is wiping me out with it's sheer force... and we're not even flooding. My sister just got new appliances... please -- just dont get me started... suffice to say I'll move her crap out of her basement myself unbidden if she sits on her ass YET AGAIN... <_<

blahhhhh ---

why do I feel a need to post late at night during deluges? what gives with me...

2 new angora bunnies! Sheep & Fiber festival 2011.

I didn't buy a spinning wheel :P -- but they gave me a free spindle and I bought some wool roving to blend with the angora - the bunnies started moulting already... they do about 4 times a year.

and don't let him fool you you all -- El D is as bad as I am with this stuff!! ;) (suuuuuure you were just there for the dogs!)

anyhow -- I'll post pictures of how cute these little monsters are. My daughter loves them so much. They look like dust bunnies - they really do!

Edited by Pepperkorn

I bent my wookie.

ohmy.gif

Wow dude! You need to get out more! I do not know HOW pk's story did that to you! blink.gif

That's just messed up right there. huh.gif

This is what I get for going to the bar with a Devils shirt on in New Hope, PA.

gallery_3795_148_118036.jpg

This is what I get for going to the bar with a Devils shirt on in New Hope, PA.

While I don't like the message, MAD PROPS to Casey for being bold enough to do that!

So, how'd ya tip? smilydev.gif

While I don't like the message, MAD PROPS to Casey for being bold enough to do that!

So, how'd ya tip? smilydev.gif

Haha I go there all the time so he knows me well.

I tipped standard amount. He is a good server except for his taste in teams.

Thats pretty damn funny DM.

faux pas he's DM84 :thumbsup: