sammyk

Random Thoughts & Stuff

8,765 posts in this topic

I can dig the subway. coldcut combo and the teriyaki chicken thing used to be staples for me. there was one at a gas station and easily fit in my pocket when riding into work.

"Is that a sub in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Anyone have any idea how to quickly move 7K plus songs from laptop to desktop? Just got a new computer and dont know how to get the music to my new computer. Id rather not have to burn it on like 10 cd's.

You could just network the laptop and access it when you need a specific song

Yeah, that or buy an external hard drive. That's where I keep all of my music - as such, my music's survived about four hard drive crashes so far by not being stored on the computer itself.

You could just network the laptop and access it when you need a specific song

Yeah, that or buy an external hard drive. That's where I keep all of my music - as such, my music's survived about four hard drive crashes so far by not being stored on the computer itself.

Thanks for the reply guys. What had actually happened was my laptop (from 2007) took a final dive when the hardrive sh!tted out. Its done it before and I have replaced it but this time I said screw it and just went out and bought a new desktop. I wanted to keep all my music instead of loosing it all again. I actually used a program called sharepod. It worked like a charm taking all the music off of the ipod originally and putting it on this computer. I would recommend it to anyone who is in the same situation. Again, thanks for the input though. I appreciate it. Im not that computer savy so any help was appreciated. :cheers:

Anyone here read or are into zombie/apocalypse novels?

Anyone here read or are into zombie/apocalypse novels?

I've read a bunch. From World War Z to the collections which are fun. Zombies are cool. Nice to seem them get their due as the anti-twilight creature. No emo issues with a zombie.

Lots of good films out there too.

I've read a bunch. From World War Z to the collections which are fun. Zombies are cool. Nice to seem them get their due as the anti-twilight creature. No emo issues with a zombie.

Lots of good films out there too.

Yeah I have been reading David Moody's books. So far I have read Hater and Dog Blood (the two fist books from the Hater trilogy) really good books if your into that sort of thing. I have WWZ on my shelf and I read the first two accounts but havent been abel to really get into it yet. I have to read it before the movie comes out.

Speaking of Moody, I wish Hank Moody's books from Californication were real. Love that show.

Shameless was also a pretty top-notch premier tonight. House of Lies has potential, but I could also see myself not caring to watch it after a few weeks.

Only into classic dystopia novels :evil:

Brave New World FTW!

Brave New World FTW!

I'm an Orwellian fan myself.

but alas it's looking like Bradbury got it right -- we're living in Fahrenheit 451. but Big Brother is sure watching in the UK huh? More time needs to lapse before we see if Huxley is right..

I really want to read The Iron Heel and We too.

Anybody ski? I went for the first time yesterday. Had a good time, and I intend to go again in a few weeks. Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions as to how to get better, or be better prepared? I'm very sore today (as I expected), but I had major issues with one of the ski boots digging into my shin - it zapped all strength from that leg before the day was out, to the point where I could no longer stand. I feel like that's certainly not normal.

get your own boots that fit right :uni:

How were they digging in? if the top of the boot was digging into it -- then your weight was probably too much on your heels. Shift the the balls of your foot a little more. Feels like you'll have less control but OMG you get SOOOO much more control leaning forward and getting a little speed going. You actually can't dig in with your weight on your heels -- you massively dig in with weight more on the balls of your feet. Take a lesson - as small a class as you can get into if you can't do a private. It's just helps you feel what's right not what you feel SHOULD be right.

I love skiing I hate to say.

This is nothing new, but it still might be my all-time favorite thing on teh yootoobs.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

Anybody ski? I went for the first time yesterday. Had a good time, and I intend to go again in a few weeks. Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions as to how to get better, or be better prepared? I'm very sore today (as I expected), but I had major issues with one of the ski boots digging into my shin - it zapped all strength from that leg before the day was out, to the point where I could no longer stand. I feel like that's certainly not normal.

Yeah I love skiing, although the past few years I have only managed to go about once or twice a year because I've been too busy. This is the first winter since I graduated college that I have only had one job to worry about so I'm hopeful that I will get to ski more often this year. I get the triple play card for Mountain Creek every year, it's about $10 more than the price of one lift ticket and you get to go three times. I would like to go to skiing in Utah or Colorado or something one day when I can afford it and can take the time off from work to do it. I'm not an expert or anything, but it sounds like you might have had the top of the boot too tight.

"Is that a sub in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

... huh.gif

I put all my files on an external hard drive. I just reset my puter to factory, when I go to install iTunes again, I may call you for tech support to get the music back off the external and into the iTunes again! horse.gif I tried a trial run before I wiped the thing, but it didn't work.

Only into classic dystopia novels :evil:

I enjoy a well organized read on entropy. But I'd rather watch the movie. e-drama.gif

My husband needs to thank you -- he HATES the video and keeps asking why I'm watching it... "Do you think that's a good song or something?"

Actually I love the girl -- she looks like she'd have been one of my best friends during my dilettante days. We didn't drink or any of that but we hung out just being ridiculous all hours. It's cute and stuff!

I dont get the Jenna Rose thing -- but she does look like Screech

aaand...

ah yes -- I keep on thinking the back up song as "I'm jackin' off jackin' off jackin' off jackin' off..." in my head today.

and I want to mock Holik's twitter photo... but I can't do it in his thread. No one reads down here... :giggle: I don't have a twitter account so I can't read it but I clicked on it only to see that crazy monster pointing an over/under at me! :o

He seems like the dude who has monumental war with varmints on the homestead. Like Ahab and the whale...

or dare I say...

...Elmer Fudd...

for real...

ah yes -- I keep on thinking the back up song as "I'm jackin' off jackin' off jackin' off jackin' off..." in my head today.

Kinda gives new meaning to the "My daddy taught me good" line.

Kinda gives new meaning to the "My daddy taught me good" line.

Greatest post ever. Stop the boards, you've won, good sir.