sammyk

Random Thoughts & Stuff

8,765 posts in this topic

This.....is a bacon taco shell. Yahhhhh. You heard me right.

GvzBE.jpg

1 person likes this

Who will win? Crestor or Bacon Taco?

That dude is gonna get more vageen now than he's ever dreamed of.

Edited by sammyk

That was painful.

I have no idea what they were cheering about - fat boy can sing? How could they tell? I couldn't hear a thing over the crowd and her caterwauling.

That dude is gonna get more vageen now than he's ever dreamed of.

I hope those two are a couple. She's painting herself like someone who doesn't care about those things.

I suppose I should be nicer but I feel like they set it up so lamely.

Why put him so far down? For dramatic effect so it's that much more "thrilling" when he's talented? Nonsense! Opera stars are fat.

It just bugs me the way they have to humiliate him as if his singing alone says "in your face." What if he wasn't that good? Then it's OK to humiliate him? It just bugs me -- <_<

I thought nothing of him -- I thought "Hurley!" when he started to come on -- I actually didn't think he'd get mocked for hia size or anything... :noclue:

That was painful.

I have no idea what they were cheering about - fat boy can sing? How could they tell? I couldn't hear a thing over the crowd and her caterwauling.

YOU SAID THE SECRET WORD!!!

22_peeweeshow_560x375.jpg

yeah man, it is my religion and i am a god.

lol @ secret word :lol:

edit: i mean yes i surf alot, i live in the water.

l.jpg

older pic

Edited by lazer

swell has been down because of a la nina, so were struggling with weak surf into the summer, great for beginners though.

i tried to write up some advice but if there is anything specific just ask.

403027_344175475595691_100000097235093_1508356_77108330_n.jpg

Getting started, what's a good height to go out in? I follow swellinfo.com closely. Also, should I be looking to ride the waves straight in to start?

hmm, well its not just height, you want to look at how the wave is breaking and in what form, so less hollow is better, slow rolling, mushy, with a flat face, not hollow caving critical, that will be what you look for later.closer to high tide is what your looking for here

i would say try it straight in a few times to learn how to catch the wave in the white water, even if you are riding along the wave, at some point you will ride it out straight, first you want to learn tip to tail balance on a soft wave, then its heel toe, on a wall.along a wall your leaning into the wave slightly

really paddling is like 50% and learning how to lay balanced and comfortable on the board and holding onto the rails, cause the board and the wave will fight you so dont get discouraged.

make sure you know how deep the water is and it changes alot; also when you fall off your board stay away from it.

Edited by lazer

Anyone here surf?

Yarp, going next week, got a two week road trip planned for the summer (driving down the west coast of france ending up in spain).

Last year went to Morocco, year before spain, next year Australia.

Oh and dont be put off from having a lesson or two.

I thought nothing of him -- I thought "Hurley!" when he started to come on -- I actually didn't think he'd get mocked for hia size or anything... :noclue:

Yep, Hurley came to mind when I saw him too!

hmm, well its not just height, you want to look at how the wave is breaking and in what form, so less hollow is better, slow rolling, mushy, with a flat face, not hollow caving critical, that will be what you look for later.closer to high tide is what your looking for here

i would say try it straight in a few times to learn how to catch the wave in the white water, even if you are riding along the wave, at some point you will ride it out straight, first you want to learn tip to tail balance on a soft wave, then its heel toe, on a wall.along a wall your leaning into the wave slightly

really paddling is like 50% and learning how to lay balanced and comfortable on the board and holding onto the rails, cause the board and the wave will fight you so dont get discouraged.

make sure you know how deep the water is and it changes alot; also when you fall off your board stay away from it.

YES! Words!!! No "video only" responses!!!

This is the way someone writes when they honestly understand and really care about what they are discussing!

You make me want to surf!

thanks man, trying to get in the water this weekend if a buddy of mine isn't working

Where is Bulletproof's review of Goon? :saddevil:

It's a tough one to review.