sammyk

Random Thoughts & Stuff

8,765 posts in this topic

Probably been years since I posted here but I saw this preview for a new TV show and one of the characters is clearly a Devils fan.. Figured I'd get chased off if I posted on the main board lol

http://preview.blip.tv/lite/modelwifeshow.html?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=campaign&utm_campaign=taboola_preview-model-wife-nickname

It's not just you. We could use a few more posters who just like to kick back and enjoy the game -- or at least not take their own opinions so seriously.

that seems to be the same way a lot of sports are going. Baseball's completely gotten the fun beat out of me by the stat people. Even though they're right, it's not fun anymore. 

Tonight is a trauma night for my friend - her dad is a coach for Yale and she is a top administrator for the Quinnipiac athletics dept. So funny my parents live probably equidistant form both schools!  We'd party at Yale and hike by Quinnipiac.    My husband just said "So... Hamden really IS a hockey crazed town isn't it?"  DUH?  What have I been telling him for the last 17 years?

Michael Shannon does nice work in that bit.

I enjoy his creepy character on Boardwalk too.

The dame that wrote that rant has been booted from her sorority I believe.

Does it get real quiet on this forum during the off season?

The game stuff dies down but people are still around, the more entertaining threads usually have the usual participation

Now heres an awesome idea for the finals: "POV Hockey"

Edited by Cachorro Louco

I prefer the GoPro for POV stuff.  HD quality.  Little more in the image stabilization dept too.

Edit:  How long til the first "Google Glass Pron" happens?

Edited by gardenstatepkwy

why can't i start a new topic anywhere? pls help a brother out

why can't i start a new topic anywhere? pls help a brother out

Because no one wants to see your long ass sig!

963791_581096555246748_1709907790_o.jpg

Maybe after the series is over they can try a Brazilian citizenship.

I'm serial watching old Poirots on netflix.   He's so tidy.  it drives me insane.  In a crazy happy way.  He's better than Monk.

These are my new glasses - not sure this will work:

771d949b78e9cd3c387dcc33d9c24033.jpg

now who wears this stuff... well, me I guess.  I just find the whole arms thing a pain in the ass - they give me headaches too. 

Edited by Pepperkorn

I don't get it, do you have to hold them up when you need to use them?

Pince nez. They rest on your nose. I can hold them by the little metal loop there and gesticulate too! They are just too much fun. I'll post someone wearing them when I'm back online. Not on the phone

Here is the pic of Poirot's ^_^

7c014bcc86445e45ab003752deaccdd8.jpg

Edited by Pepperkorn

Yet more evidence that PK is very likely a time traveller from the 1800s. :D

1 person likes this

I hauled out my fountain pen too. and I just ordered a rocker blotter so I can use it more often at work. I thought I'd get my daughter a pen for graduating 4th grade - these suckers are PRICEY now!! My parents got it for me when I moved into Manhattan and supported myself (I didn't do the college thing so EVERYONE was getting their little graduation presents from relatives and I got DIDDLY! :angry: I was working already yeesh - but :saddevil: I was asked not to go into the theataah sooo I guess that was my punishment -- I got nice bouquets on opening night <_<:P -- anyhow my dad got me the pen years ago :-) I love that crap. INSANE love -- obviously -- I just bought a flippin' rocker blotter :doh1:

what IS wrong with me... seriously DM had to yell at me about the vacuum cleaner bags on Facebook -- it didn't even occur to me no one uses them now. I just went INSANE looking for a bagged vacuum and still - duhhhhh... ( I HATE my baggless - it's filthy filthy filthy and you still have to wash/change filters so it's not any more convenient or cost conscious).

Oh -- and I love Miss Marple because she says insane random things and WE know it makes perfect sense but no one else in the story gets it - **sigh**

I checked and found Agatha Christie was a Virgo -- it all makes sense to me!

(Yes -- it's a Starbucks thre.. four cups of coffee day)

Edited by Pepperkorn

I am Dr. Remulak...I am Dr. Remulak...I am Dr. Remulak...I am Dr. Remulak......

Sent from my Galaxy TAB using Tapatalk 2