sammyk

Random Thoughts & Stuff

8,765 posts in this topic

Probably not the greatest idea quitting. Have you talked to your managers about your work? Are they the ones making you feel like you aren't doing a good job? Have you sat down with them to see what is expected of you or anything? You must be doing something right if they're keeping you around, right? If you really want to leave then can't you stick it out until you find something else?
yeah this is true

quitting just because you're having trouble hackng it will not serve you well down the road

(sorry if that was harsh, but that's how it is going to look on paper to future employers)

maybe you just need a productive hobby to make putting up with the job bullsh!t worth all the grief?

I know... I know. I'm not going to quit. I really can't because I have stuff to pay for and I need to keep saving. (Plus my parents have decided to start charging me $200 rent a month. I know it's not a lot, but I was still bitchy about it. and okay, a little dramatic when they broke the new)

I got a semi-bitchy e-mail from one of the senior acct executives on my team who reviews some of my work occasionally. I think that was the last straw for me and I just personally never feel like I can do anything right. I need to stop being so critical of myself I guess. There hasn't been a lot of work on my account lately and I have to keep asking my manager if there is anything I can help with. I'm starting to feel line I'm being annoying. However, I can't just decide by myself to start writing up materials or giving myself work as in healthcare it seems things need to be approved by eight million people --not to mention our budget has been tight as of late. I have to be really careful what I bill my hours to. Good news though, I am going to now be split 50/50 between two accounts and that will give me more work.

I think the cycle of work, sleep, work, sleep has really been bringing me down. I have no friends around here and my social life is non-existant. My mother suggested I try online dating. I was not thrilled. (No offense to those who are into online dating.. it's just not for me I don't think)

February sucks.

To start this wonderful month, I get hit by a car. Me, physically. Hit and run, actually.

I hurt my hip.

Not even, what, two weeks later, I'm driving home in the snow storm and a clip a telephone pole after a car cuts me off.

I lose my side mirror.

Same drive, I'm on 80, my car makes the executive decision that actually running is not something it's going to do.

Everything locks up, I slam into a guard rail.

I'm rushed to the hospital. Bad concussion, cut up face, strained neck and back.

At least I'm alive. Car is totaled.

I wake up today really dizzy, cannot see straight. I decide to just stay in bed. Screw school.

I get a phone call saying there has been fraudulent activity on my debit card.

There's only $77 left in my account.

Closed the account, now have to wait 5-7 days for a new card and everything.

Life is stupid right now.

Awww RD, I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a sucky month. I hope you're feeling better and that your month gets better.

Edited by LA03

I know... I know. I'm not going to quit. I really can't because I have stuff to pay for and I need to keep saving. (Plus my parents have decided to start charging me $200 rent a month. I know it's not a lot, but I was still bitchy about it. and okay, a little dramatic when they broke the new)

I got a semi-bitchy e-mail from one of the senior acct executives on my team who reviews some of my work occasionally. I think that was the last straw for me and I just personally never feel like I can do anything right. I need to stop being so critical of myself I guess. There hasn't been a lot of work on my account lately and I have to keep asking my manager if there is anything I can help with. I'm starting to feel line I'm being annoying. However, I can't just decide by myself to start writing up materials or giving myself work as in healthcare it seems things need to be approved by eight million people --not to mention our budget has been tight as of late. I have to be really careful what I bill my hours to. Good news though, I am going to now be split 50/50 between two accounts and that will give me more work.

I think the cycle of work, sleep, work, sleep has really been bringing me down. I have no friends around here and my social life is non-existant. My mother suggested I try online dating. I was not thrilled. (No offense to those who are into online dating.. it's just not for me I don't think)

Work's gonna suck for ya... no matter what... even doing your dream oh my god this is the perfect job... something will suck (for me it's I don't work ENOUGH)

and yeah you're being a bit rough on yourself.. but we all are... it's human

dating is one thing... and it's nice and all (well actually dating SUCKS, finding someone good is nice ... way different :P)... but you won't be happy with someone unless you are happy with the direction and other things in your life... and it just doesn't work, and before you know it... you're expecting a miracle from the relationship (or maybe it's all me...and I again hate the concept of dating too :rant:)... the more important thing is get yourself an out of the house hobby you can do once a week... I can get away with going to hockey games and movies alone personally... but that's not for most people... maybe something simple like a bowling league maybe?? I dunno... just a shot in the dark :noclue:

That's good you're not quitting. You definitely need to stop being critical, or rather overcritical of yourself. You're still a n00b and I'm sure your employer is well aware of that and knows you're bound to make mistakes. Do you discuss the criticism with your boss or just get upset over it and carry on? I'd imagine you learn from whatever mistakes are pointed out but isn't that how it's supposed to be? Why get upset? Well, hope it gets better with your split assignment.

Hey I forgot to say what my husband said while we were skiing. He came out of the shower and was puttering around while I was watching sports news on TV - there was a big parade and an event up in Canada.

My husband who I thought had been listening to the whole story looked at the set and said they're Canadian and had this weird look on his face.. I said "Yeah - this week" and he just looks funny and says "WOW.. Canadians are uhhhgly" at first I laughed, then I saw he was serious -- I had to say "Hon, it's the special olympics trials..."

total silence.. then "really? --- oh" then after exchanging looks we both totally cracked up!

Edited by Pepperkorn

Did you cut and paste that from some failed sitcom script? :giggle:

Well.. yeah it was. but what was stupid was how sincere he was. and that he felt like such a jackass afterward -- I mean DUH?

I'm bored out of my skull... :noclue:

Yeah.. but it's not 1592 so....

lonely.gif

I'm a downer today. I

kickcan.gif

hmm - I forget what I

rolleyes.gif

So I have no mp3 so I'm playing around on Pandora. They tell me I like Cake a lot - and it seems I do.

Photobucket has an orange background now... do you think they did that for the impending holiday? :unsure:

I never use this smilie... I always forget... bananadance.gif

Edited by Pepperkorn

I suppose that was in the naughty board. I never go there -- who has the gumption to enter a password.

Gumption... do you suppose that's why Forest Gump was named Gump? who gives a hump.gif

I suppose that was in the naughty board. I never go there -- who has the gumption to enter a password.

Gumption... do you suppose that's why Forest Gump was named Gump? who gives a hump.gif

Is this an attempt to regain the level of geekdom you lost to 3*s? :P

Why is Diesel which use to be .20 cheaper a gallon than gas now a 1.10 more per gallon?

I paid $3.20 the other day. :(

As for diesel, I don't get it either. Isn't it even less refined than gasoline?

I paid $3.20 the other day. :(

As for diesel, I don't get it either. Isn't it even less refined than gasoline?

I am probably going to have to pay $3.49 for regular tomorrow :( And I don't get the diesel thang either. My Dad has a diesel for the cheapness.....not so much any more. Wonder if he regrets that purchase?

Rowdy has me out geeked with the Pi day, but then the date is all wrong any way because of you Americans writing it all sillily. So technically Pi Day can never exist except to Americans, and even then it happened in the 1500s, so ya all missed it.

I haven't ever had to re-enter my OA password. Even when I have to re-log in (which is rare), it still remembers that one. Oha and that reminds me that I have to put DST back on in my settings.

EDIT: Ack my avatar is irritating.

Edited by ThreeStars

I am probably going to have to pay $3.49 for regular tomorrow :( And I don't get the diesel thang either. My Dad has a diesel for the cheapness.....not so much any more. Wonder if he regrets that purchase?

EDIT: Ack my avatar is irritating.

Rowdy has me out geeked with the Pi day, but then the date is all wrong any way because of you Americans writing it all sillily. So technically Pi Day can never exist except to Americans, and even then it happened in the 1500s, so ya all missed it.

Pi Approximation Day can happen on July 22. (22/7 = 3.14ish)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi_Day

Um, my Dad said earlier this week that diesel is 1.12pounds/litre. So that works out at about $2.30/litre, so roughly $8.60/gallon. Petrol is probably a little cheaper, but still over 1pound/litre. (note that of that I think roughly 65% is tax)

Um, my Dad said earlier this week that diesel is 1.12pounds/litre. So that works out at about $2.30/litre, so roughly $8.60/gallon. Petrol is probably a little cheaper, but still over 1pound/litre. (note that of that I think roughly 65% is tax)

Damn, how do you people live? I know that mass transit is more prevalent but still, that's some expensive gas.