Oduya

Have Another Donut

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are ridiculous.

Oduya is probably the most physically gifted defenseman on our roster. Give him time! Once he gets some more experience and patience he will be better at breaking the puck out and then he's be a legitimate top 2 defenseman.

And by the way, for those of you criticizing the power play, I think you're pointing the finger at the wrong place. I'd say Paul Martin makes far more mistakes when he breaks the puck out from behind the net, so we often have trouble even setting the power play up. All season Martin has done nothing but try to stickhandle past the forechecker, if there is one; he's good at it, for sure, but he assumes he can always get away with it and often the rush gets disrupted because of his arrogance. Just recently he has given the outlet to Oduya when that's what the opponents' positioning called for and we were better at setting up the attack.

It's honestly hard being a Devils fan when the rest of you are such spoiled brats and expect every defenseman to be Stevens or Niedermayer. Accept Oduya for what he is and support him. He has the potential to become very good. And even if he never emerges, HE'S ON YOUR TEAM!

And I wonder why I get heat for being a Devils fan...

It's honestly hard being a Devils fan when the rest of you are such spoiled brats and expect every defenseman to be Stevens or Niedermayer. Accept Oduya for what he is and support him. He has the potential to become very good. And even if he never emerges, HE'S ON YOUR TEAM!

I don't know if I agree Oduya > Mottau. Oduya has a higher PP ceiling because he has a big shot at times but Mottau is a much better puck handler and decision maker. Rachunek is much better than both of them on the PP. My 4 PP defenseman right now would be Martin-Oduya and Mottau-Rachunek. There way both PP units have one defenseman who is a good puck handler and has another defenseman with a big shot. If the team moved Langs back to the point on the PP I would put him in Oduya's spot because I paired Oduya, who I feel is the weakest handler, with Martin, who I feel is the best overall guy on the PP.

Oduya is still a terrible player and belongs in the minor leagues. Playing like a 7th defense man over the last two weeks instead of his usual bantam-caliber play, doesn't deserve him praise. Maybe if he can go one month without taking a delay of game penalty I would cut him some slack, but he is useless in my eyes and I cringe when he is on the ice.

Oduya is still a terrible player and belongs in the minor leagues. Playing like a 7th defense man over the last two weeks instead of his usual bantam-caliber play, doesn't deserve him praise. Maybe if he can go one month without taking a delay of game penalty I would cut him some slack, but he is useless in my eyes and I cringe when he is on the ice.

some tremendous analysis as usual.

if the devils waived johnny oduya, at least 10 teams would put in a claim.

Who is this player wearing #29 and what has he done with our (not-so) beloved John Oduya?!

I think he matched his season output in points in two periods :blink:

Yeah, what a rush on the Elias goal. You wonder where that comes from...he has the ability.