Martyisth3b3st

Music at the Rock

136 posts in this topic

During pre-season I distinctly remember Hammerhead by The Offspring during warm-ups.

And based on the first game, Firestarter is now used for a Devils' cheerleaders thingie dance routine. They used a different Prodigy song for the third period returning to the ice music, but believe it or not, I do not know what song it is. And I assume it's a Prodigy song anyway, it sure sounded like it.

I'll try to get a better listen tomorrow night, and hopefully it has some words in it or something.

:ghasp loudly: you don't know a song? I thought that was unpossible!!one1!

:ghasp loudly: you don't know a song? I thought that was unpossible!!one1!

I know, I know. I'm moderately ashamed.

I know, I know. I'm moderately ashamed.

I still love you It's okay, you'll bounce back.

They're playing alot of stuff at the Rock that I don't recognize lately, particularly for stoppages in play.

As has been much balleyhoo'ed in the game day thread, Standing In Motion by Yanni is back briefly before the opening video.

They used Firestarter to start the second period and Welcome to the Jungle to start the third...therefore I never got a chance to figure out what they used opening night, because they didn't play it. Now it's just the same songs in a different order.

They used Where Is The Love once for one of Zubrus' penalties, but I'm pretty sure that's not new.

Plowed by Sponge was a nice little surprise during one stoppage in play, and I also recall Shake It by Metro Station coming on at some point. I missed warm-ups, so I've got no idea what was played then.

It took listening to it three times on repeat, but I wholly approve of the new post-Hell's Bells intro song - "Devils" by The 69 Eyes. It's like some cross between HIM and Billy Idol. It grew on me.

One of these days (not Saturday, but one of these days) I'm going to show up to the Rock with a pen and notebook and take notes on all of music played...

It took listening to it three times on repeat, but I wholly approve of the new post-Hell's Bells intro song - "Devils" by The 69 Eyes. It's like some cross between HIM and Billy Idol. It grew on me.

One of these days (not Saturday, but one of these days) I'm going to show up to the Rock with a pen and notebook and take notes on all of music played...

Go for gold.

When there's a fight they play that dumb new P!nk song "So What"

Really? Ugh. Last few times I've seen a fight it's been the Stone Cold Steve Austin theme.

they don't play "Rise today" anymore :(

Awww, I love Alter Bridge. :( Seriously, their first 2 albums are awesome.

I have yet to hear Seek & Destroy by Metallica this year during the PSE&G Power Play....at the games I've been at.

For a while they played a remake of "In The Air Tonight" (no idea who did it) in one of those random video packages to get psyched for the end of the game.

They also played some Black-Eyed Peas, don't remember the name of the song, but it was the one where they were like streetfighting in the video.

Both of those probably aren't played anymore. I haven't been to a game yet this year, so not really sure what's on this year.

For a while they played a remake of "In The Air Tonight" (no idea who did it) in one of those random video packages to get psyched for the end of the game.

They also played some Black-Eyed Peas, don't remember the name of the song, but it was the one where they were like streetfighting in the video.

Both of those probably aren't played anymore. I haven't been to a game yet this year, so not really sure what's on this year.

Nonpoint did the In The Air Tonight cover. I think the Panthers used that as a theme song one year, with the band playing it live before the home opener or something. This is probably two or three years ago.

I have yet to hear Seek & Destroy by Metallica this year during the PSE&G Power Play....at the games I've been at.

Kick Start my Heart is great for the PP.

Coming back from commercial breaks in the 2nd period of tonight's game (vs. MTL, 1-2-09), I heard Van Halen's version of "You Really Got Me" and "It's Tricky" by Run-DMC.

Edited by 95Crash

Coming back from commercial breaks in the 2nd period of tonight's game (vs. MTL, 1-2-09), I heard Van Halen's version of "You Really Got Me" and "It's Tricky" by Run-DMC.

Good call, forgot about It's Tricky...also, add to that:

Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne

Something by Rob Zombie for the second period into...not sure of what song, I think it's off Sinister Urge though

I have no idea what they used for the third period intro, but it was different from the usual Prodigy or Guns N Roses songs.

have to add one more to the list. it is a techno song that i've heard so many times over the years and never knew the name of it.

it is usually played late in games when tied or losing in combination with a "make some noise" in an effort to get the fans going again.

"Sandstorm" - Darude

Noticed two more songs tonight that I know have been played in the past. I rechecked the thread, and neither were mentioned so far:

"Wild Side" by Motley Crue

"Where's Your Head At" by Basement Jaxx (played when the other team committed a penalty)

Edited by 95Crash

new third period intro=

"Spitfire"- Prodigy

Good call, I had no idea what that Prodigy song was. Thanks.

Though ironically, they went back to Firestarter tonight.

Other songs I noticed tonight:

The Anthem by Good Charlotte

I Don't Care by Fall Out Boy

Last Nite by The Strokes

Fell In Love With A Girl by The White Stripes

School's Out by Alice Cooper (second period intro music, I assume because it was College Night during the winter break)

Edited by thelastonealive

Does anyone know the name of the song the Devils play after Hells Bells when they come out and the lights go on?

Does anyone know the name of the song the Devils play after Hells Bells when they come out and the lights go on?

"Devils" by The 69 Eyes

Great song, kind of a cross between HIM and Billy Idol.