WWE/TNA/ROH - Wrestling Thread

Satans Hockey

Hey, CRASHER, and everybody else that remembers me here...... Surprise!!! Just figured i'd drop by here in this thread. How is everybody doing here? My good friend LOTCB linked me his post about the idea of trading Marty Brodeur for Backstrom on the Capitals. I was looking over that thread, and decided to take a peak in here, where I used to post quite often.

Anyway..... i've been posting on a Rangers forum, and the Rangers section of the HFBoards lately or since i've been gone from here. (yeah, imagine that? A Rangers fan posting on a Rangers board instead :lol:) And in the Wrestling section on the Rangers board I go to, where half of my posts are on that board, I posted a lot of stuff concerning TNA.

I hope TNA succeeds and all and gets bigger, and grows, because wrestling needs competition (even though I think wrestling is a dead business thanks to the WWE, and that everyone that used to watch now watch MMA, or the UFC).

Here's something I posted about Homicide (TNA wrestler) being interviewed on sirius radio.

Source: ProWrestling.net

- TNA wrestler Homicide recently appeared on the Busted Open Sirius satellite radio show and did not hold back his thoughts on the current state of TNA. Here are some highlights:

Homicide on who is the boss in TNA: "Dixie is the boss. She'll say to bring in this guy or that guy, but I don't know who is the real boss. I don't know if it is Russo, if it is Hogan, or the jabroni security guards... I don't know who is my real boss."

Homicide on Hulk Hogan: "Hogan does come out and talk to the guys. He spoke to me about where I came from, why my name is Homicide and why I have this character, and he loved it... I'm like 'okay, you like it, but do something about it.'"

Homicide on backstage politics: "There is a lot of political B.S. going on. I don't know what's going on. All I know is I am going to go out there, get paid, and take care of my family."

Homicide on his faith in TNA management: "I have no faith in nobody. It's like somebody telling me every six or eight months they are going to give me a call and nothing happens... I want my money every Monday and we'll see what happens."

It looks like that the atmosphere in TNA and how things are being run is just like how the atmosphere and how things were run in WCW.

No one there knew who the boss was either for years.

This was what one of my worries with Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan coming in were.

I sincerely hope that Homicide isn't burried, released, or fired now because whenever a Wrestler in the wrestling business speaks his mind, that's what happens.

Also heard that Bubba The Love Sponge was fire, or terminated, or whatever. Thank god!

Anyway, hope all is well here. Good to see some familiar faces still posting here. This place looks like it's changed a little.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubba the Hulk Sponge was and is a disgrace anyway

this is a step in the right direction

AND FOR CHRIST'S SAKES BRING KONG BACK DAMMIT!!!!!!

Welcome back 94!

TNA drew a .5 on Monday Night :lol:

As noted earlier, TNA officials told the talents today that iMPACT is moving back to Thursday nights. The crew was told that TNA made the decision to move back to Thursdays, not Spike TV officials. While TNA officials handled most of the meeting, there was a Spike TV official there to confirm the information.

TNA as well as Eric Bischoff & Jason Hervey's production team conducted most of the recent market research and were told that fans overwhelmingly wanted Thursday to be established as TNA's night.

With the weekly addition of TNA Reaction at 8pm EST, Spike TV will be branding Thursday nights as "TNA Thursdays."

:rofl:

Can we even call it a Monday Night War at this point? Hopefully TNA gained some knowledge on what they're going to need to compete with RAW on Monday's.

Also a quote from another board that makes a lot of sense:

You know, I have this conspiracy theory... it started when my buddy at work presented the theory about ROH being owned by Vince now (firing the old booker, introducing count outs and DQs, lowering the high spots, etc). And I got to thinking...

Let's say you are Vince. Let's say that you are so used to having a corner on the market of Pro Wrestl.. er.. 'sports entertainment', that you feel driven to conquer the competition. Well, you can't buy TNA, Panda Energy has way too much money. So how else could you destroy the competition, make sure they are a non-factor and couldn't possibly be a threat for years to come?

Well let's see. First you would want to undermine them by taking away the things that make them special. You'd want to take things like their special ring and the heavy focus on the X Division, and strip them down. You'd want to bog them down with old, washed-up has-beens, rejects from WWE that have lost their luster. Water down their product make it seem like its filled with the things that are old and tired by WWE's standards.

Also, you'd want to highlight their failure - really put it out there, so people can see just how bad this 'other product' really is. You'd want them to actually try facing off with WWE, so they could fall flat on their face, and clearly show they have no chance in actual competition with Raw.

But how in the heck would you talk TNA into doing this to themselves?! Well, you'd need to send in a trojan horse. Someone so big they couldn't possibly ignore them.. a name so well-known, they couldn't say 'no'... the proverbial 'offer they can't refuse'.

In the criminal world, they'd call it a 'long con'.

If you were not amongst the ten people who saw Impact on Monday... you kinda need to see THIS

Funniest thing all year (Jay lethal is no doubt the best thing on TNA now)

Thanks Crasher. Love the ECW turn on TNA always great to see RVD and the Dudley's.

But Jay Lethal getting a beat down from Grandpa Flair, yikes. Keep your shirt on Rick.

the Lethal impression on Flair was AMAZING and very entertaining!!

it's a shame the part when RVD called him the "Macho Dude" part isn't in there

But Jay Lethal is the best thing in pro wrestling now.... and yeah Flair's bologna boobs... OI VEY!

So I haven't watched a second on TV since the whole Bischoff/Hogan era began, until last night, when my father had it on while I was trying to finish my video.

It was nice to have the confirmation that I've indeed made the correct choice here.

I ask this question every few months in this thread, but...is Raven still wrestling in TNA?

So I haven't watched a second on TV since the whole Bischoff/Hogan ERROR began, until last night, when my father had it on while I was trying to finish my video.

It was nice to have the confirmation that I've indeed made the correct choice here.

I ask this question every few months in this thread, but...is Raven still wrestling in TNA?

(corrected)

TNA has some moments still but way more lesser then it was pre-hulk-a-fail.....

nope, I can't remember the last time I saw Raven

(corrected)

TNA has some moments still but way more lesser then it was pre-hulk-a-fail.....

nope, I can't remember the last time I saw Raven

re: Raven - he wants too much money on a per-appearance basis. And with Stevie all but off of TV, there's no real reason for Raven to be on.

Plus there's the whole out of shape and strung out bit...

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda wanna see this now.

And I'm loving that the dude's wearing a Scott Stevens tee in the photo.

Read two reviews of this and they both are very positive. I loved the Stevens T shirt in the photo myself.

I am defineatly getting tickets for this.

• 3 weeks later...

Dixie Carter posted another message on Twitter in an attempt to get fans buzzing about the TNA product...

"It's 6:30 am. Been up for hours. So excited I can't sleep. TNA's about to change forever. Can't wait to share it w/you, my staff, the talent"

Rumor is it COULD be Paul Heyman brought into the mix (my God his writing + TNA's talent, and there IS talent there + Panda Energy's payroll :blink: )

It's actually kinda funny, since they pitched in their tents and went back to Thursdays... it's been BETTER... less Hulkafvck, pushing the right guys (one segment a week of the Same Old World Order, Jay Lethal getting a push to the moon, Styles with Nigel McWolfe-Lariat, and even Kaz, MCMG getting title shots, even liking the Doug Williams character).... this is kinda what happened in Oct-Dec, before they rebooted and pissed me off so...... oh please let it be Heyman.... especially since we're ordering the PPV :pray:

• 4 weeks later...

What, no one here thinks the NXT angle is the best thing WWE's done in years?

Mike

It has def. been the one of the more interesting stories over the past few years. I'm curious to see where it all ends up going. Right now I think Wade Barrett takes r-truths spot in the money in the bank. Not sure if they would throw the title on him so soon but it wouldn't surprise me if they did because of how quick Sheamus won his first title.

I agree it's very NWO-ish, but WWE hasn't had an angle this good in quite sometime. I'm actually thinking that Orton will win MTB (which I wish they kept as just a match for 'Mania)and NXT attacks Orton, and Barrett leaves with the briefcase.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

I missed it. I'm feeling like the ECW alumni are becoming like the old Horsemen. Whenever a company becomes stale, they dust them off and bring them back.

Mike

I missed it. I'm feeling like the ECW alumni are becoming like the old Horsemen. Whenever a company becomes stale, they dust them off and bring them back.

Mike

LOL. Its funny you say that because Rick Flair looks like he is attempting to build a new Horsemen team in TNA.

oh it was... but then the idiotic firing of Danielson and the work visa issues... it almost seems destined to fail now....

I was hoping that the Bryan Danielson firing was just a work

LOL. Its funny you say that because Rick Flair looks like he is attempting to build a new Horsemen team in TNA.

i lost respect for the 4 horsemen when Paul Roma was briefly with them :whistling: