Former Devils wearing Cs and As

DaneykoIsGod

One thing I noticed over the All-Star weekend is that Jason Arnott is now the captain of the Predators. This got me thinking ... how many former Devils are or have worn letters on their chests for their new teams?

Arnott - captain in Nashville

Jason Smith - captain in Philly

Bobby Holik - captain in Atlanta

Billy Guerin - captain on Long Island

Brendan Shanahan - alternate in New York

I'm pretty sure of all of those, but not so sure on these next ones. Feel free to correct me, but I believe Brian Rolston is a part of the rotating captaincy for the Wild and I think Brendan Morrison and Steve Sullivan wear As in Vancouver and Nashville, respectively. I also think Jimmy Dowd, Willie Mitchell, and Brad Bombardir have all been captains for the Wild and remember seeing Blowmez wearing an A during the preseason.

Anyone have any others?

One thing I noticed over the All-Star weekend is that Jason Arnott is now the captain of the Predators. This got me thinking ... how many former Devils are or have worn letters on their chests for their new teams?

Arnott - captain in Nashville

Jason Smith - captain in Philly

Bobby Holik - captain in Atlanta

Billy Guerin - captain on Long Island

Brendan Shanahan - alternate in New York

I'm pretty sure of all of those, but not so sure on these next ones. Feel free to correct me, but I believe Brian Rolston is a part of the rotating captaincy for the Wild and I think Brendan Morrison and Steve Sullivan wear As in Vancouver and Nashville, respectively. I also think Jimmy Dowd, Willie Mitchell, and Brad Bombardir have all been captains for the Wild and remember seeing Blowmez wearing an A during the preseason.

Anyone have any others?

Gilmour with the leafs was an alternate, i think. Phil Housley with Winnipeg was an alternate. Steve Thomas was probably an alternate on the Island. But then again these were just devil players for a short time. Are we talking guys who came through our system and were actually devils for more than 2 yrs?

Gilmour with the leafs was an alternate, i think. Phil Housley with Winnipeg was an alternate. Steve Thomas was probably an alternate on the Island. But then again these were just devil players for a short time. Are we talking guys who came through our system and were actually devils for more than 2 yrs?

I find it interesting when you see or read interviews with a lot of the players mentioned in this thread how they attribute their time in NJ as a reason for their leadership qualities.