Revitalization Around The Rock

The Rock 07

The Panasonic building is pretty much complete. I think it's actually unofficially open, in that some employees have moved in this week. While not very tall or original, the tower came out looking pretty nice. Now, let's get those employees coming out to games this season.

The Panasonic building is pretty much complete. I think it's actually unofficially open, in that some employees have moved in this week. While not very tall or original, the tower came out looking pretty nice. Now, let's get those employees coming out to games this season.

Let's get the Panasonic Tower open at the PruCenter's Lafayette entrance.. I really hope they come on as a major sponsor of the team!

Wow, I remember about 5 years ago I did a partial demolition package for the Hahne's and Griffith buildings.  It was a very problematic demolition due to the basements & parking garages that were to be maintained.  Never went through due to cost and historic reasons. 

Ya there is going to be alot of tax credit financing along pru financing to make this happen but it will because the developers involved and it being Pru's neighbor.

In another note, I noticed it hasnt realky been mentioned that our new owners company also owns and manges a few properties in newark already. Hopefully he will get in on the arena district redevelopment as well.

Ya there is going to be alot of tax credit financing along pru financing to make this happen but it will because the developers involved and it being Pru's neighbor.

In another note, I noticed it hasnt realky been mentioned that our new owners company also owns and manges a few properties in newark already. Hopefully he will get in on the arena district redevelopment as well.

Very interesting.. I didn't know that.. Do you happen to know which properties?

Off the top of my head no, I remember them presenting at a business forum after their acquisitions talking about how they viewed Newark and Urban markets as Domestic emerging markets. Honestly, the guy presenting came off a bit arrogant but they were investing in the city so I gave it all a pass. From what I remeber though it was a couple of large apartmetn complex properties in the South Ward possibly near Wequihanic park.

On a cool note I was down by the river yesterday and not only is the new park opened between freeman and Jackson but the old gas site is looking pretty good (Jackson to the horizon building). Hopefully, we will be celebrating opening that section by next year. In further positive news the walkway between the Clairmont (fbi building) and Penn station is already in and just needs to be opened.

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds from that article like they're wanting to build a new station at the airport. Why not use the existing Newark Airport Station that NJ Transit and Amtrak use?

Also, I only support this if it means a new station for South Street in Newark. Otherwise this move only really benefits Lower Manhattan and Jersey City.

Sounds from that article like they're wanting to build a new station at the airport. Why not use the existing Newark Airport Station that NJ Transit and Amtrak use?

Also, I only support this if it means a new station for South Street in Newark. Otherwise this move only really benefits Lower Manhattan and Jersey City.

I would think it might be because the PATH uses a third rail and maybe they don't want to mix and match power sources for that line.

Saw this on WiredNewYork.com.  A pdf magazine of Newark. Joe Piscopo is opening a (comedy/lounge/night) club on Edison Place. Which I think is really cool. And some stuff on the Devils and Red Bulls.

http://mydigimag.rrd.com/publication/?i=172677

I really hope Edison Place turns into our version of Yawkey Way in Boston. It's already well on its way, but it needs more. If it could get some outdoor vendors (food, beer, merchandise) on the street and some music playing too. That would just be awesome. Let the bars there sell beer and food outside. The Devils can sell stuff, and maybe get a good food cart out there. I know we have Championship Plaza, but I think it should continue around the corner and up Edison. Just start with Opening Day and good weather weekend games.  The Devils are just wasting space on that side of the arena.

I wish they had made the Devils Den bigger instead of having the PNC Bank right there. You can't move in there on game night. And they're just losing money not putting in some kind of bar restaurant down there. One that the whole front opens in nicer weather. It's plenty warm in October and April through the playoffs. I'm not saying during Jan / Feb.  And all those other bars right there should have front windows that open up to the street and some outdoor seating too.

post-729-0-26893600-1379174650_thumb.png

post-729-0-85217600-1379176459_thumb.png

post-729-0-55783400-1379176482_thumb.png

If this only extends the Path with one stop at the airport, it's an epic fail. This really needs to result in 3-4 new stops that could revitalize the southern downtown, South Ironbound, and ultimately the South Ward. I have always thought, South st, Pioneer, Frelenheisen and the Airport. I will wait till this is officially announced wiht the capital plan before I celebrate.

• 3 weeks later...

In other great news, The Prudential site is chugging along and Cablevision just broke ground on their new building. I think the Indigo is about half a year off from opening so we should see lots of new places over the next year or two. Oh..rumor millon wired has Chipolte opening up next to Dino.

In other great news, The Prudential site is chugging along and Cablevision just broke ground on their new building. I think the Indigo is about half a year off from opening so we should see lots of new places over the next year or two. Oh..rumor millon wired has Chipolte opening up next to Dino.

ugh really?  Chipotle is by far the worst of the burrito places.

ugh really?  Chipotle is by far the worst of the burrito places.

Are you high?!? If not, try Chipotle when you are it's amazing :P ... But seriously, how can you say this?!?! Moe's is awful as everything is pre-made.. Their guacamole comes in a large plastic sack and is more like avocado soup

Are you high?!? If not, try Chipotle when you are it's amazing :P ... But seriously, how can you say this?!?! Moe's is awful as everything is pre-made.. Their guacamole comes in a large plastic sack and is more like avocado soup

I like Moe's, but their quality depends from location to location.  Baja Fresh is the sh!t, but half their stores in northern NJ seemed to have shut down in the last year or so.

As for Chipotle, everything they make tastes funny.  I eat all natural, free-range organic stuff every day, but Chipotle's stuff just tastes so strange.  To me, their stuff tastes more processed than Moe's and not only that but their burritos are always bigger than necessary.  That is mostly because 90% of it is rice that just fills you up for a while.  Not only that but the seating at most Chipotle's suck ass as they never have enough tables and their chairs are uncomfortable.

Sorry I just find Chipotle to be as overrated as anything lol.

I like Moe's, but their quality depends from location to location.  Baja Fresh is the sh!t, but half their stores in northern NJ seemed to have shut down in the last year or so.

As for Chipotle, everything they make tastes funny.  I eat all natural, free-range organic stuff every day, but Chipotle's stuff just tastes so strange.  To me, their stuff tastes more processed than Moe's and not only that but their burritos are always bigger than necessary.  That is mostly because 90% of it is rice that just fills you up for a while.  Not only that but the seating at most Chipotle's suck ass as they never have enough tables and their chairs are uncomfortable.

Sorry I just find Chipotle to be as overrated as anything lol.

I'm assuming you frequent the Chipotle by the Bridgewater Mall, and I'll admit that their quality isn't as good (due to high output at lunch when the line for a burrito is enormous) and the seating is just awful.. Every other Chipotle I've been to has more seating than that place, yet that is easily the busiest Chipotle I've ever been to.. They get so busy that they have a separate prep line just for takeout orders at lunch.. Never seen a Chipotle like that, but no doubt they can't maintain quality with that volume

Never been to Baja Fresh, but if I did go, what would you recommend?

BTW - Saw this posted on HF. Looks like a new place opened up conveniently located near The Rock. http://theessexsportscafe.com/

Menu looks average and the prices seem to follow suit, but the guy who posted on HF said he thinks it's BYOB, which is a huge plus.