The Rock 07

Revitalization Around The Rock

1,382 posts in this topic

the east side of the building with the screen will face triangle park. at the far end of triangle park (the far east side), there will be a bridge that connects triangle park to penn station. on the North side and northeast corner (thats faces downtown newark), is where the entrance plaza will be. there is already a tiny pad of concrete there when they finished the building in october. the historic building that everyone is referring to, is on the west side next to the historic church (next to the devils garage). not sure how they logisitcally plan on making that an entrance seeing there is a players parking lot and the loading docks between the arena and this historic building.

Thanks for trying to clear that up. It sounds pretty impressive. The only thing I'm unsure about is this whole "Yawkey Way of Newark" thing. That works for the Red Sox because their season is in the summer and people will be more willing to hang out in the street. Winters in Jersey can be cold and nasty ... not eactly street vendor weather. Unless this whole thing is indoors?

I think they did that so it didn't block the windows...but I know nothing.

Yeah, that's right. I think what they should do is have them on wheels and have them move together when there isn't an event or at night when you can't see anything, and during playoff games too when we get Triangle Park.

mulberrymarqueeproposal.jpg

Thanks for trying to clear that up. It sounds pretty impressive. The only thing I'm unsure about is this whole "Yawkey Way of Newark" thing. That works for the Red Sox because their season is in the summer and people will be more willing to hang out in the street. Winters in Jersey can be cold and nasty ... not eactly street vendor weather. Unless this whole thing is indoors?

Well, it would be refreshing to have warm gingerbread and a hot apple cider on a snowy night before a hockey game.

Yeah, that's right. I think what they should do is have them on wheels and have them move together when there isn't an event or at night when you can't see anything, and during playoff games too when we get Triangle Park.

mulberrymarqueeproposal.jpg

Thats a great idea. Probably won't happen due to cost.

So is this definitely happening?

The entry plaza and Triangle Park, as far as we know, yes. The Broad Street Entrance, haven't heard any updates.

Thats a great idea. Probably won't happen due to cost.

Nice house Sammy!

I don't know either. I was up in the garage last week, and I was thinking about how they could do that. The only feasable solution that I could see is something like this.

njrrcrossdiagram.jpg

All blueprints should look like this. Much easier to read.

I also like the little truck down there. :thumbsup:

I also like the little truck down there. :thumbsup:

Thank you, thank you...

So has anybody heard about any updates on the plan for a Courtyard by Marriott on Edison Place?

So has anybody heard about any updates on the plan for a Courtyard by Marriott on Edison Place?

I'm still iffy with the street names, which one is Edison Place? The one parallel to the Devils Den, or the one directly in front of the arena?

I'm still iffy with the street names, which one is Edison Place? The one parallel to the Devils Den, or the one directly in front of the arena?

You've got it, Edison is the street parallel with the Devils Den.

A friend of mine was down in Newark and he said that there was a lot of land being cleared around the arena. I hope that means that Triangle Park has been started because I can't wait to see progress on that. I might just have to go down there one of these days and check this out for my self. B )

Here's development IN The Rock...

Prudential Center could add as many as four more restaurants next season as the arena

Tropical theme? Rainforest Cafe?

Heh, yah I saw this thread first and then noticed your post in the other one.

Ugh .. Rainforest is one of the most overpriced fast food touristy themed restaurants around, surely we could do better Jeff...

Borok's (department?) store is going to close down on Broad Street. They said that it will be turned into a parking lot or retail. It was bought by the Newark Housing Authority who is in charge of revitalization around the arena.

A Key Parcel

gotta feel bad for the locals in a way. same reason i am not in favor of gentrification that department store is probably a community staple and is now being knocked down for a parking lot.

gotta feel bad for the locals in a way. same reason i am not in favor of gentrification that department store is probably a community staple and is now being knocked down for a parking lot.

Yeah, it's really a shame. That place has been there since 1936, and now with the blink of an eye it's another parking lot.

Yeah, it's really a shame. That place has been there since 1936, and now with the blink of an eye it's another parking lot.

Yeah, I hope that they build a new building there because an empty space or a garage along Broad wouldnt look right. I remember an article a while back saying how the Newark residents were upset that the arena faced Manhattan and not Broad Street because they thought that they were getting jipped that the new arena wouldn't face Downtown Newark and that all they got was a garage and a flat brick wall along there.

Edited by The Rock 07

The guy was retiring anyway and his kids didn't want to run the store so it would have closed down anyway. The guy got $4M out of it, nothing to feel bad about!

I also kinda feel bad that these restaurants are inside the arena, and not one new establishment has opened on the streets of Newark. With all the eatery options inside, will there be enough business left over to go around to stores on the streets?

I also kinda feel bad that these restaurants are inside the arena, and not one new establishment has opened on the streets of Newark. With all the eatery options inside, will there be enough business left over to go around to stores on the streets?

There's 4 or 5 in the blocks surrounding the arena, don't know what you're talking about.

As for Broad Street, it needs to be bombed. If this is a start, it's a good start. Revitalizing it makes sense. Leaving it looking like Havana doesn't.

There's 4 or 5 in the blocks surrounding the arena, don't know what you're talking about.

As for Broad Street, it needs to be bombed. If this is a start, it's a good start. Revitalizing it makes sense. Leaving it looking like Havana doesn't.

None have opened.