The Rock 07

Revitalization Around The Rock

1,382 posts in this topic

While cool it's still just the beginning. I wonder how many hurdles will still have to be cleared to build it. Also even then it's probably still years away.

Not only that but how often do finish products look like the concepts/renderings? I'm not putting high hopes on this.

New Prudential tower is almost complete...as is the Cablevision building.  The Shaq tower seems dead in the water despite years of politicians insisting it would be built. Projects around the Rock are almost complete, too. There are some exciting proposals for Market Street but those are nothing more than proposals at this stage. 

I think the big changes are that the Indigo is open and if you haven't gone to ALVA or SKYLAB (The rooftop bar). You are missing out. The big thing is the development around the corner is still moving forward with both RBH Group and Fidelco doing work on Market between University and Mullberry.

As for triangle park there is reason to believe it will happen. The redevelopment agreements on all the owners surrounding the agreement were tied to that park being done and they it forces them to develop their lots. The city is pushing hard for this to happen because it needs the retables from buildings that would surround the arena which are currently parking lots. Boraie seems to have gotten site control on one of the best lots ( rt21, market, Edison and Mullberry) and has started pushing that as where they want to develop instead of Rector.

If you go north of the area, on Broad, things are getting real nice around the new Prudential building with Military park looking fantastic and the new Burg Restaurant opening in there. I have seen a few new restaurants poping up around the new Prudential building so I think the trend of all the things you want to see being on the North side of the area will continue.

Triangle Park appears to have passed the remaining hurdle and is tentatively set for a summer 2018 opening

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/01/parking_to_the_port_5_things_we_learned_at_barakas.html

After nearly a decade of delays, the city has finally closed on a deal with Edison Properties and landowner Jose Lopez that will soon put shovels in the ground on the long-awaited Triangle Park.

The work is expected to be completed by mid-2018, and will include the construction of new mixed-use construction in what are now parking lots surrounding the Prudential Center, as well as a walking bridge similar to New York City's High Line that will connect Newark Penn Station with the Ironbound's Peter Francisco Park, according to Baraka.

"We finally got them to sign on the dotted line," he said.

Edited by Colin226