Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghdi

Bryce Salvador to NJ for Cam Janssen

181 posts in this topic

1-goal in 95 games yeah he will be missed. Janssen is going back home and that is why his family is excited.

Oh give me a break. Everybody and their grandmother knows that cam wasn't here to score. That doesn't mean that he was useless to the team. The fans loved him and he was one tough s.o.b. I know he is no Andy Greene.... :rolleyes:

At least I won't have to hear peole talk about making Cam a defenseman because he would be the next Scott Stevens :D

Well, good trade for the team, but I'm sure gonna miss the guy. :saddevil:

Must be a dream come true for him to play for his home team.

Glad i didn't order a Janssen jersey, haha.

1-goal in 95 games yeah he will be missed. Janssen is going back home and that is why his family is excited.

I really hope Salvador works out and isn't another Richard Smehlik, Ken Klee vet dman who just becomes the new Njdevs.com whipping boy.

I am almost sure this will happen, by the way. Salvador's not very good and the mistakes he makes are the kind that fans get on. To me, it is absolutely no accident that the fans' whipping boy has been Phil Housley, Dave Ellett, Vladimir Malakhov, Sean O'Donnell, Richard Smehlik, and Ken Klee. None at all - the guy's coming in and playing with 19 guys he hasn't played with before.

from a TSN blog:

First deal:

Blues deal D Bryce Salvador to the Devils for RW Cam Janssen

Salvador is a solid, stay-at-home defenceman who will be an unrestricted free agent in the summer.

He leads the Blues with a plus-12 rating and will bring a steady veteran presence to the Devils blueline.

Janssen is a fearless fighter who has been out for most of the season with a shoulder injury.

He's under contract for two more seasons, so he gives the Blues an asset (a limited one, admittedly) to round out their roster.

Wow, all I said was Devils' fans were great. No need to get nasty about it buddy, don't care if you like him or not. Have known Cam for years, brings a lot more to a team than goals.

(Do you really think I didn't know he's going back home???)

TSN just removed the trade from their page, did something happen?

Wow, all I said was Devils' fans were great. No need to get nasty about it buddy, don't care if you like him or not. Have known Cam for years, brings a lot more to a team than goals.

(Do you really think I didn't know he's going back home???)

I am almost sure this will happen, by the way. Salvador's not very good and the mistakes he makes are the kind that fans get on. To me, it is absolutely no accident that the fans' whipping boy has been Phil Housley, Dave Ellett, Vladimir Malakhov, Sean O'Donnell, Richard Smehlik, and Ken Klee. None at all - the guy's coming in and playing with 19 guys he hasn't played with before.

No not even close. Janssen was a bruiser just like many that passed here in New Jersey. For some reason he was just not the right fit here in New Jersey and he was the odd man out here. We all know he is not a goal scorer but just 1 goal is just terrible. He was well liked because he was a good fighter. I would rather have someone here that contributes.
Edited by SickMan

Guh..why tinker with the 2nd best D in the league? We need help up front.